StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Beginners! What are your thoughts?

• Beginners! What are your thoughts?

Posted by Veena on March 9, 2021 at 6:25 pm

I’m in the middle of developing 3 new programs for beginners. There will be 3 of them each 2 weeks long and will essentially be level 1-3. These will be a way to continue learning after the 30 day take off. Perfect for those who don’t yet feel ready to move on to other 30 day programs and would like to have a structured program instead of using the lessons on your own.

I wanna know if there is anything you’d love to see in these 2 week beginner programs?

I also have a 2 week beginner spin program in the works.

Dadgirl21 replied 2 years, 11 months ago 13 Members · 25 Replies
  • 25 Replies
  • Ivina

March 10, 2021 at 12:21 am

I was about to say spins, but saw you’re already including that. Maybe learning combinations to see nice ways we could transition/flow between moves. Maybe the process of creating your own simple choreography with beginner moves — and we can post our creations after!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 10, 2021 at 3:51 am

I’ve got transitions/flow and combos in beginner level 2. Level 3 will focus on spins static and spinning along with an intro to some intermediate moves.

I have a video that explains how to build a routine if you’d like to watch! https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/52f8463f-3884-4318-b2fd-2d1c0a9aa0eb

• Ivina

March 10, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Awesome! Watching it now. 🙂

• LatinPoler

March 11, 2021 at 12:24 am

Maybe add also some low flow/base work moves. By this I mean not standing, but with most of the body on the floor. Like knee pirouettes, shoulder stands, etc

• Veena

Administrator
    March 11, 2021 at 12:31 am

Great idea! Maybe I should do that as a 2 week or 30 day exotic flow series?

• Njeri

March 11, 2021 at 12:36 am

As a true beginner I love the idea of a spin series! I know you have so many lessons here and I’ve been here less than 2 weeks so I haven’t gotten to see everything. What I want to build as a beginner is strength, ability to spin with fluidity, and increase my flexibility. I know this all takes time a practice but a structured program (maybe not strength because the take off is great for that) for spins and flexibility would be helpful in my opinion.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 11, 2021 at 1:35 am

Njeri,as a total beginner make sure to start with either the 30 day take off, 30 day no pole, or at the beginning of any section because all lessons are listed in progressive order. Not random like other places. The routine section is a good place to learn flow and build strength.

• Njeri

March 11, 2021 at 3:16 am

Thanks Veena! I’m 12 days into the 30 day take off and I love it. It’s the pace I need right now but I’m still so anxious for more. I just tell myself, I will get there with consistency

• LatinPoler

March 11, 2021 at 4:08 am

Yes, that would be awesome!!! Beginner exotic flow and transitions on static pole. I’m personally not fan of static spins… they can be hard on shoulders and wrist if your technique is not good, even worse if your upper body is tiny and your lower body heavier 🙋🏻‍♀️. What about a beginner spinning pole series? Learn to control the spin and build tolerance? I find spins on spinning pole easier on the joints and even prettier and more flowy… once you control the spin, with spinning pole you get more bang for the effort. This can be extra motivation for beginners!! But I’m biased because I prefer spinning pole in general 😅😅

• PoleAdventures

March 11, 2021 at 8:18 am

I ever love new programs, so whatever it is, I’m looking forward to it 💜
    And as you say, the huge advantage of your site is the progressive order!

• Wanderpole Gina

March 11, 2021 at 8:51 pm

I would definitely also love to see a low flow/exotic program for beginners!! Your programs motivate me as they keep me accountable for doing something each and every day :)! Can’t wait to see it

• intrinsicvalue

March 11, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Definitely some beginner exotic flow. Things like articulation, head position, weight transfer, extension — things to make easy moves look pretty and graceful. Sometimes in these damn classes I’m so busy trying to learn the choreos (which are billed as beginner but never really are) to really make beginner flow look as good as possible.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 11, 2021 at 11:57 pm

I love all the feedback, so helpful!!!

We will be working on extension in the beginner levels I’m working on. I do feel that most exotic and low pole work isn’t beginner level and haven’t yet planned out anything specifically for exotic, low pole, but you’ve giving me some inspiration!

Latin, the spin pole program I’ll be doing will work on that very thing control of spin and building tolerance. I really have to work on my tolerance when I’ve taken time off. I get how blah it makes some people feel. I spent a whole morning sick to my stomach because I ignored my own advice and did “all the things” on spin after time off. lol

• SusanMarie

March 12, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Hi. I’m very new and doing the 30 day beginner. I’m loving it. I look forward to more beginner material to work up to and am learning just from this thread on how to progress through your lessons. A big thank you for all you do!

• ewebet72116

March 13, 2021 at 11:19 pm

More for those of us without a pole. I love the idea of floor flow or chair for beginners. I’m sure you already have a lot of these that I just haven’t checked out!

Page 1 of 2