StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions My Journey Back to Pole Dance

• My Journey Back to Pole Dance

Posted by Veena on January 10, 2022 at 1:25 am

I’ve made a video that explains why I stopped Pole Dancing last year in August. https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/61db84c4-e3c0-4feb-a3b6-409eac110005

I’ll be sharing my videos to this thread so feel free to follow and even join in sharing your progress if you’re just getting started or back into it.

Side Note: Please understand that I’ve been training for 15 yrs! So while I’m out of shape right now, compare to what is normal for me! I know my body and expect to progress quickly as far as pole skills go. I don’t expect anyone else’s journey to look like this, by no means to I think everyone should progress as I might.

rinoacarol replied 2 years ago 8 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Katherine McKinney

January 10, 2022 at 3:02 am

So glad to see you back, Veena!

• amspins

January 10, 2022 at 4:42 am

Glad you’re back, Veena and I’m joining you in your journey back to pole! Personally speaking, I can also relate to the pandemic making it hard to find joy in times when it feels like there’s no end in sight, which made it hard to stay disciplined with my home pole practice. One of my goals for 2022 is to be consistent with pole and I’m happy to be taking it one step at a time. I’m so excited for you and will definitely be following along 💜

• Veena

Administrator
    January 10, 2022 at 5:46 pm

Here’s my first day back! When you’re body remembers but you aren’t strong enough to do moves, it feels like an imaginary person is pulling or pushing you down! 🤣 https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/61dc50b9-fd64-455d-a229-4277ac110005

• Katherine McKinney

January 10, 2022 at 10:36 pm

I get that feeling, Veena. Thanks for sharing!

• LatinPoler

January 11, 2022 at 2:14 am

Thak you for sharing Veena! You are gifted so you’ll be back to where you were in no time. I’m no poling yet but hope to be back sometime in 2022, hopefully in the next 2-3 months. May follow your example and post my progress too. Thank you for being so inspiring! 💖

• Veena

Administrator
    January 11, 2022 at 2:37 am

You should Latin! Amspins, welcome back too!

• Daisey

January 11, 2022 at 3:16 am

Thanks for your honesty! I’m in the process of getting back and was feeling really discouraged about how I couldn’t pull my own body weight up easily anymore, but your post was really encouraging. I’m sure we’ll all be back and better than ever in no time. =)

• Veena

Administrator
    January 11, 2022 at 3:23 am

Daisey, I’m glad it’s helped you feel better! Things really do go fast if you don’t keep at it. Thankfully they come back quickly too!

• Catsy M

January 11, 2022 at 5:37 am

I was away from the pole for almost a year because of the military deployment. I swam instead but missed the pole so much. I finally got back to it about 6 months ago and I’m progressing slowly.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 11, 2022 at 3:55 pm

Thank you for your service. Glad you’re back!

• Alexandra Edengren

January 11, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Thank you so much Veena for sharing and being an inspiration at all times! Showing how it is in real life and what a struggle it can be to practice when things happen around us. Since covid came we have had many difficult moments, family losses, a lot of illness over longer periods and going through situations I never expected to meet. Apart from that, as you describe, covid and media coverage, all people who didn’t make it, restrictions, masks, all acts against personal freedom, fear of what is going to happen etc Of course it resulted in less and less physical activity and being isolated at home. I kept on going to my pole classes though (studios in my country have been open), at most once a week or less often, I didn’t make much progress but it was the only safe and happy place outside home, it kept me sane through our family hardships and was a place where people talked about other things than covid, were immensely kind and encouraging to each other. I could also do every now and then a small portion of one of your programs which felt really good. But too little practice plus struggling with issues (PTSD and depression among other things) has taken its toll and I feel I’m back to square -10. Frustrating to compare with how it was before. In the meantime though my brain has been processing some moves that I today don’t feel are as scary.
    Every time I practice now, no matter how bad I think it went, I try to find one tiny particle of progress, stick to it and praise myself for that and for even trying. But some days it feels a long way to go to get back to how it was and a lot of doubts.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 12, 2022 at 10:13 pm

Here’s a new video! This one talks about the process I went through https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/61df50f4-801c-4dc2-9556-478eac110005

Tomorrow I’ll post my 2nd day back pole practice clips!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 12, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Poleedenkat, Thank you for sharing! I’m happy you had support from your fellow dancers for a while.

Depression is a bitch! It’s ok and normal to feel like you’ve started even farther behind than the beginning. Maybe if you think of moves as steps to other moves they might not seem so scary. Start at the very beginning and as you said praise and celebrate when you’re successful.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 13, 2022 at 6:03 pm
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 15, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Day 3. I called this day “Everything hurts!” https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/61e32af8-14f4-4530-af23-4e8aac110005

Page 1 of 2