StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions fed up with my slippery pole

• quancutie23

October 8, 2013 at 9:13 am

Amazon.com sales white vinegar and I also use hair spray

• Innocent26

October 11, 2013 at 3:57 am

I posted a few months ago with the exact same problem. I’ve found that using the wax surfers usually have is amazing for grip. I am a little weary about becoming too dependent on it but before I used it, I was getting so fed up with slipping that I was ready to get rid of the pole!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 11, 2013 at 9:33 am

Since this thread is old I thought I’d share this idea! https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/50ec5ae1-59b8-457d-a573-65ac0ac37250

• KellieM

March 24, 2020 at 4:01 pm

All these tips looks useful however I have the OPPOSITE issue…
    I have an xpert chrome pole the new ones with the lock at the bottom to switch to spin…
    I had it a year, been taking classes like 6 months…

The studio I have noooooo grip. It’s so sad and frustrating because if I just had grip I’d be able to do A LOT MORE. Some teachers tell me to try gloves and I REALLY do not want to.

At home I sometimes get really good grip, but idk how. With time and warming up the pole… Or am I less anxious at home so I don’t sweat as much?

I use dry hands.. I have mighty grip, & tite grip also . My palms are SOO sweaty which is my issue… Most I read have too dry of hands… I wish I had that issue.

I don’t want to use gloves so I’m trying everything to get better grip….. 💔💔💔💔💔

• JessMcG

March 30, 2020 at 2:57 pm

Maybe you could use anti persperant on your hands before you use a grip product? Veena suggested Carpe lotion. I live in canada so I can’t come across that easily but there’s lots of anti persperant products out there that are fairly cheap. I havent bought any yet but it’s definitely something I think about.
    Also I find wiping my hands on a towel after every move really helps. Its inconvienient but it helps 🙂

Page 3 of 3