StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions cellulite

• Ria914

December 28, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I’ve had 4 kids and have gotten rid of it by doing intense treadmill walking (not running) 4-4.4MPH on high inclines (12%-18%). I started at a couple of miles a day and worked my way up to 10 miles by the end of the day as I built up my stamina and endurance. It works!!!

• PixiePole

January 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Ooohhh I love writing how-tos 😀 I'm not a total expert on this, but I've done loads of research on body beauty over the past few years so I know what I should be trying, and I know what's been working for me a little recently. If anything sounds weird then you don't have to copy lol but here's what's up in my world:

– Stay hydrated! Someone's mentioned already on this thread – you need to drink water! If I remember correctly, cellulite is caused by fatty deposits and toxins building up under the skin. Drinking lots of water every day should help to reduce it by flushing the bad stuff out of your system. If you're like me and despise water, try milk (or any dairy-alternative) or fruit juice. But be aware that fruit juice is high sugar, which isn't always the best thing. A combination of the two is probably best, and squash is also good.

– Massage! Again, it's about improving circulation and flushing the toxins out. You can get brushes and knobbly things to do it, but you can do it with your own bare hands just as well. Though I do have a knobbly massager thing that I love to bits! I do it for 5-10mins a day, with some music or a movie in the background so I don't get bored. Give it a week or two coupled with the other stuff and you should see a difference; and if not, it at least feels really nice! Also, another thing that works is to get a guy to help out – after all, they have such strong hands… 😉

– Green & white tea! Green tea had a bit of hype not long ago for being full of antioxidants; actually, so is white tea! And white tea goes amazing with a splash of pomegranate juice – trust me on that lol. You can also buy them in supplement form. They're a really good way to help detox, which in turn will help with the cellulite.

– Try some creams! When I massage, I always use Dove Firming Lotion. It hasn't entirely erased my cellulite but I can definitely say it's a lot better than it was a little while ago! I've also bought some Nivea 10-day Goodbye Cellulite gel which I'll be trying soon…

– Stretch!! Stretching the skin will also help to get rid of cellulite – not to make it looser, but just to move it around a little. Circulation again! Any muscle stretch will also stretch out the skin around it; I found that glute stretches are shifting cellulite from my butt!

– Control your weight! This is not about getting skinnier if you're over a certain weight; if you carry excess fat, it will accumulate in pockets and create cellulite. I used to be way heavier than I am now… and way dimplier >< you'll probably always have some cellulite if you had it in the first place, but shifting a little bit of excess fat can help to reduce it. 

– And my last point… bend over whenever you check, then you'll stretch the skin out a little and you won't be able to see it so much 😉 because as has been said – not many of us really care! Just the modelling industry… and the modelling industry is pretty brutal. In the real world, what matters is being happy and healthy. And if you can be that way with a little cellulite, so be it!

• Sair

January 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Ohhh the dreaded C word! heh

Honestly, I know most people cringe to hear it but excercise and diet are absolute key!

Add a little "off the pole" lifting (ie break out those weights! don't be shy!). When you add muscle to your problem areas, it helps smooth out those lovely orange peel spots. Not to mention that building up some muscles off the pole will help you on the pole.

and EAT CLEAN 🙂

I don't usually advocate for anything, but the eat clean diet website and books are pretty helpful. You'll read through them and think "Jeez that makes perfect sense! why didn't I think of that on my own!".

Sugar and Salt play pretty hefty parts in bloating and slowing down your metabolism to a crawl.

😉

• PoleNerd

March 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm

My cellulite has really been pissing me off/getting me down while I'm pole dancing. I'm pretty proud of what I can do, and I think my body is looking sexy from the pole, but when I do certain moves (particularly split-like moves), the cellulite is overkill! When I do an elbow stand and extend my leg backwards…ew. It's preventing me from doing the move!

I'm thin but have t&a, and with the t&a comes cellulite.

I've noticed it's increased since I started working in an office and gained some weight, but I was under the delusion that poling would help burn it off. My upper body is getting really toned but I haven't noticed a significant difference in my legs and butt…are there any pole tricks I can do to help, or do I have to start incorporating non-pole moves? (squats, etc).

If you saw me, you'd  prob be like WTF, ARE YOU INSANE? but all I can focus on right now is my cellulitely, stretch-marky ass and thighs. I love the overall shape of my booty and thighs, but the majority of the great polers appear to be smooth-skinned and lean muscle. ugh. rant over.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I have the cure!

Take a picture….then photo shop it! LOL That's what we see in magazines anyway. Most real woman have cellulite. I'm still self-conscious about it but I'm trying not to be. I'm thin always have been, and have cellulite. Drinking water (staying hydrated) affects it the most. It sucks, but eh, what are you gonna do….If someone doesn't like it they don't have to look at me. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif

If your worried about it showing in videos go with red or purple lights they hide stretch marks, scars and cellulite really well.

• Briannabohannah

March 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Im no expert on the matter but several women including myself have seen a reduction in the appearance of cellulite from a set of leg exercise that we all do during class. They are simply isometrics done in a sitting position. From what Ive read isometrics are what keeps dancers legs so long and lean looking.

Between these exercises, pole, and small changes in my overall diet, I can see that Im loosing the cellulite in my rear and upper thighs.

• Runemist34

March 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Veena, having watched LOTS of your lessons, I have to say…I never noticed any cellulite on you at all! Just beautiful, shapely legs and nice skin! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

I've always been an advocate of learning to love yourself just the way you are, instead of spending so much money and time on trying to change it. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif I'm still learning, but that's my goal!

• Pixie0909

March 3, 2011 at 5:04 am

My older sister does pilates and uses one of those foam rollers with the bumps (a long cylinder type thing, search Pilates foam roller) and it has dramatically decreased her cellulite, pretty much gone. She just places it under her thighs while sitting on the floor leans back and 'walks' with her elbows forwards and backwards making the roller roll up and down her thighs and calves.

It basically massages it, a pretty deep massage at that, its a little uncomfortable maybe even painful at first. But it worked wonders for her.

• flapper

March 3, 2011 at 5:53 am

i posted here ages ago about getting rid of it successfully through exercise and (most of the time) good diet, but i always thought you had to slog it out at the gym! just walking is a waste of time… right? WRONG! my cellulite came back after i got slack at the gym and developed a love of wine 🙂 i then became pregnant and made sure i started looking after myself properly again but due to being pregnant my exercise became a little more limited!! i am now 33 weeks pregnant and have walked pretty much EVERY day since the 1st of November (4 months) for around an hour and my cellulite is now again GONE. GONE!! I can't believe it. As I said, I always thought walking was a waste of time. how easy!!!

• PennyGirl

June 3, 2011 at 6:29 am

Here's a good article about the bands that are supposed to hold fat in and give the body shape. ( and how to strengthen them.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/summerliving/quick-diet-and-exercise-tricks-to-tame-cellulite-video-2489715/

• LoneStarDiva

June 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

As a 'generational redhead' (didn't get the hair, but got the Pasty White Girl Skin!!) I say:

TANNING!!!! 

(sunless cream, of course! 😉

• BACE16

June 3, 2011 at 11:29 am

Cellulite is so funny.  Solutions contradicting.  Medical experts don't know how to get rid of it and its not even a harmful condiction like weight can be.  Its a pure cosmetic issue that everyone wants to make a quick buck off of.  I certainly don't believe in such sillyness…I'll use the free solution.

So I was sitting in the bathtub a few weeks ago, coffee grounds and olive oil all over my thighs and butt wrapped tight with plastic wrap for the 15 minutes the home solution website swears works.  This is totally the cure….

Wait how do I actually measure cellulite?  How do I know it was the magic of coffee and olive oil and not my new eating lifestyle and exercise plan?  If my body is absorbing the caffine in the coffee to lossen the fat isn't it also absorbing the fat from the oil?  How do I know this isn't a placebo?  Is cellulite all in my head to begin with?

As I sit questioning myself over my solution to body issues my boyfriend walks in and demands to know what Lady Gaga is doing in his bathtub.  This snapped me out of trance and all the coffee grounds go in the trash where they belong now.  He teases me about this now anytime I bring up how I look.

TL;DR Stop driving yourself nuts about cellulite.  The "cures" are silly.  The stuff that works are things you should be doing anyway (good food/exercise).

• PennyGirl

June 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Ahhh lady gaga lol! Too funny 🙂

• Dawnella

June 3, 2011 at 11:28 pm

@BACE16

Love it! That’s totally something I would do! Ha ha!

• denniseskinner167488

September 3, 2016 at 6:18 am

Why don’t you go for massage cellulite. I have heard a lot about massage cellulite http://www.cellublue.com/ giving positive results to cure cellulite. It provides very fast results, requires massage on only affected area.

Page 3 of 5