StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions cellulite

• flapper

May 29, 2010 at 5:11 am

you can get rid of cellulite. i know because i have. it takes heaps of time and serious dedication to eating properly – whole foods – and getting a lot of exercise. cellulite is only fat at the end of the day all fat can be used up with exercise. be consistent and very patient!

• Layla Duvay

May 29, 2010 at 9:40 pm
  • flapper

May 30, 2010 at 3:51 am

lol. i agree.

• miss fern

May 30, 2010 at 5:54 am

Although it’s true that cellulite is just fat, and therefore in theory you can burn it off just like normal fat … there is a bit more to it.

I am not certain of the science here, but cellulite is fat stuck in places that it can’t get out of. And until it gets OUT fo there and into your blood stream it can never be burnt off. So theoretically you have to MOVE that fat so it’s UNstuck and then eventually it will be metabolised and burnt off as normal. To do this you need a LOT of very vigorous and DEEP massages on the cellulite. Or those treatments that use creams or technology to stimulate the cells, in the hope they get unstuck.

With all this effort you may reduce the appearance of cellulite.

Pole dancing is quite good for cellulite because your legs grind on the pole as you roll around and try to grip your legs, thighs, knees etc onto the pole. I have actually noticed a significant reduction in cellulite on my LEFT thigh, which is the thigh I always use for my outisde leg hang, and the thigh that pushes past the pole to get into superman etc etc. It’s my guess that these movements that press and push my outer thigh fat across the pole, are comparable to the deep and thorough massages I mentioned earlier (and which many clinics use in their treatment plans).

• EVamp83

May 30, 2010 at 11:19 am

I have actually noticed a significant reduction in cellulite on my LEFT thigh, which is the thigh I always use for my outisde leg hang, and the thigh that pushes past the pole to get into superman etc etc.

Sounds like yet another good reason to learn things both sides.
    *sigh* darn non-dominant superman!

• litlbit

May 30, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Here is the latest info from The MAYO Clinic…These are medical based facts..

Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff ?

Most women have cellulite — fat that appears as dimpled skin on their thighs, hips and buttocks. Though not a serious medical condition, cellulite can be unsightly, and it may make you self-conscious when wearing shorts or a swimming suit.
    Many cellulite treatments, including massages or cellulite creams, advertise remarkable results. But unfortunately, most of these treatments don’t live up to their claims. So is there anything you can do about cellulite?

Symptoms
    Cellulite looks like dimpled or bumpy skin. It’s sometimes described as skin with a cottage cheese or orange-peel texture. Cellulite ranges in severity. Mild cases can only be seen when the skin is pinched — the dimpling appears in the pinched skin. More-severe cases make the skin appear rumpled and bumpy with areas of peaks and valleys. Cellulite is most common around the thighs and buttocks, but it can be found on the breasts, lower abdomen and upper arms as well.
    When to see a doctor
    Cellulite isn’t a serious medical condition and treatment isn’t necessary. In fact, many doctors consider cellulite a normal occurrence. However, if you’re concerned about the appearance of your skin, see your doctor or a dermatologists
    Causes
    Cellulite is caused by fibrous connective cords that connect the skin to the underlying muscle. The cords tether the skin to deeper structures, with the fat lying in between. As the fat cells accumulate, they push up against the skin, while the long, tough cords are pulling down. This creates an uneven surface or dimpling.

Risk factors
    Cellulite is much more common in women than in men. In fact, the majority of women — at least eight out of 10 — have some degree of cellulite. This is because fat is typically distributed in women in the thighs, hips and buttocks — common areas for cellulite. In addition, cellulite is more common with aging, when the skin loses some of its elasticity.
    Weight gain can make cellulite more noticeable, but cellulite may still be present in lean individuals. It tends to run in families, so genetics may play the biggest role in whether you develop cellulite.
    Other factors that may increase your chances of having cellulite include:
    Stress
    An inactive lifestyle
    Using hormonal contraceptives
    Preparing for your appointment
    Because appointments can be brief, and because there’s often a lot to cover, it’s a good idea to be well prepared for your appointment. Preparing a list of questions will help you make the most of your appointment. List your questions from most important to least important in case time runs out. For cellulite, some basic questions to ask your doctor include:
    What is the best course of action?
    What are my treatment options and the pros and cons for each?
    What will the treatments cost? Does medical insurance cover these costs?
    What results can I expect?
    What kind of follow-up, if any, should I expect?
    Treatments and drugs
    Weight loss
    Weight loss — through healthy diet and regular exercise — is probably the most beneficial cellulite treatment. Losing pounds and strengthening muscles in your legs, thighs and buttocks can improve the appearance of the dimpled skin. The benefits of weight loss alone are limited, however. Though the cellulite may be less noticeable after weight loss, it won’t go away completely.
    Lasers and radiofrequency systems
    Perhaps the most promising medical therapy is lasers and radiofrequency systems. One system uses combined negative tissue massage, radiofrequency and infrared light to treat cellulite. The other system delivers combined tissue massage with diode laser energy. Both systems offer improvements to cellulite after a series of several twice-weekly treatments. Results may last up to six months.
    Liposuction ineffective
    Some people may turn to liposuction as a treatment for cellulite. During liposuction, a surgeon inserts a narrow tube under your skin through tiny incisions, and then suctions out fat cells. Though liposuction can shape the body, it won’t remove cellulite, and it may make the cellulite appear worse.
    Alternative medicine
    Many devices, products and creams claim to treat cellulite. But there is little or no scientific evidence to support these claims. If you do find a cellulite treatment that improves your skin, the results aren’t likely to last long term.
    The following are a few of the many advertised cellulite treatments. Keep in mind that these treatments haven’t been proved effective in removing cellulite.
    Vigorous massage. Some cellulite treatments are based on the concept that vigorous massage will increase blood flow, remove toxins and reduce excess fluid in cellulite-prone areas. One method in particular, Endermologie (also referred to as lipomassage), uses a hand-held machine to knead the skin between rollers. You may notice a slight improvement to your skin after this treatment, but the results are typically short-lived.
    Mesotherapy. This procedure involves injecting a solution — which may contain a combination of aminophylline, hormones, enzymes, herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals — under the skin. This treatment can cause several unwanted effects, including infection, rashes, and bumpy or uneven skin contours.
    Cellulite creams. Creams that contain a variety of ingredients, such as vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and antioxidants, are often marketed as the cure for cellulite. But no studies show that these creams offer any improvement. And in some cases, the ingredients in these products cause skin reactions or rashes.
    Prevention
    There is no way to prevent getting cellulite. Keeping off excess pounds and strengthening your muscles through regular exercise, however, can go a long way toward maintaining your skin tone and texture.

Note that HYDRATION is also key to plumping the fat cell to decrease the dimpled appearance!

• Meleania

June 25, 2010 at 8:11 am

Drink water, stay hydrated, keep eating healthy, and don’t eat more than 2400mg of sodium a day, try to stay at about 1500mg a day. Read labels on what you eat, you will be surprised how much sodium is in everything! Also, you know that goodbye cellulite stuff that nivea has? I noticed it was a box that had cream and supplements. The supplements were just Conjugated Linoleic Acid, otherwise known as Tonalin CLA. I found out about it on a stripper forum a few years ago before seeing the nivea product and all the girls there were taking it and swore by it, literally pages and pages of how amaazing it was for cellulite and fat. So I took it, and not only did my cellulite go away, it helped me lose weight faster and it made my skin suuuuuuuuuuuuuper baby soft, like softer than a baby. I took it for a long time till I couldn’t afford it anymore, it was only like $20 a month though, id go get the huge bottles at super supplements. So I definitely recommend Tonalin CLA

• Pixie0909

June 26, 2010 at 7:00 am

Im not sure if this is available overseas (I live in Australia) but I have been using L’oreal Paris Prefect Firm Pro. It has a massage roller and firming gel, I have noticed an improvement despite not using it everyday.

I bought it from Priceline for $8.00 AUD and it should be available at most drugstores.

• aragonmod

July 4, 2010 at 3:32 am

Swimming laps,helps reduce cellulite.

• PilatesPoleKat

July 24, 2010 at 12:17 am

This post may get long, because this is something I LOVE to share, just because I’ve had such a good experience with it… https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

I know this is a semi-old thread, but I couldnt resist sharing a brand I’ve discovered – I scoffed at my mother in law when she told me about it because it is a newer network marketing type company that sells all natural slimming products, supplements and skin care. The two things I’ve tried so far are the targeted body wraps/applicators (detoxes and flushes actual fat cells, not water loss) and the "Defining Gel".

I am 3 months post partum with baby number two and OH MY GOSH I will seriously never go without using either of them! I thought my stomach would NEVER look remotely okay and pssshhh cellulite? all over the back of my thighs and butt…of course I knew nothing that would get rid of cellulite…My stretch marks were…..ugghh….not attractive, looked like a tiger got ahold of my tummy from belly button to panties. Well I used one of these targeted body wraps on my tummy once a week for 3 weeks and the difference was crazy! I’ve lost 3 inches total, and it’s stayed off so far…but more importantly than the inch loss (to me anyway!) was the toning of my skin! that loose scarred looking skin looks SO much better! I was actually slightly offended when I showed my sister in law my stomach after the 3 weeks… hahaha, her eyes bugged out and she was like "WOAH your tummy looks MUCH MUCH better!!!!!" ….uhhhhmmm thanks??? LOL

So after I tried the wraps I figure, well if that product works why not try something else? So I got my mother in law to get some of that Defining Gel…she did a trial run and applied it twice a day to just one upper arm for two weeks…haha bad idea because it works! One arm was slightly smaller and skin was a bit more toned and not as jiggly as the other! she had to catch her left arm up to her right one! (she is a bigger lady and had some cellulite on her arms so I thought I’d try it for my thighs, butt, tummy and upper arms too)

Well it’s been 3 weeks, I’ve used it mostly just once a day, after I get out of the shower, and I never had a LOT of cellulite, but enough for *me* to notice https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif It is all gone from my thighs, almost all gone from my butt!

I think I saw that the original poster was from Australia? This company JUST expanded to the UK and Australia! If yall want more info I guess PM me! I’ll look into finding some distributors in the UK and Australia to refer you to, as I am in the US https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

The name of the company is ItWorks (appropriate name!) and if you wanna check out the products you can go to nrg.itworks.net … I’d tell you about any of the other products, but those are the only two I’ve personally tried thus far… Hubby and I just ordered some of their supplements but they haven’t arrived yet. I’m excited to see how they do!

All that said….. ditto what another poster said: your man couldn’t care less about cellulite and most don’t notice it! Confidence ALWAYS overrides any little imperfections https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

-Kat

• Maria Joao

August 4, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I think I saw that the original poster was from Australia? This company JUST expanded to the UK and Australia! If yall want more info I guess PM me! I’ll look into finding some distributors in the UK and Australia to refer you to, as I am in the US

Anyone know how I can get it to Portugal?

• nicolelauren

November 14, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Most people are chronically dehydrated… drinking lotttsss water will help your skin plump up and will reduce the appearance of cellulite. It really works, and its something you should be doing anyway https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• RebeccaB

December 27, 2010 at 1:06 am

So you know that only 5% of women in the world DONT have cellulite? They’re the weird ones. Enjoy your body, your beautiful https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• polefairy

December 27, 2010 at 2:11 am

Oddly enough I’ve noticed that since I’ve PUT ON weight, my cellulite isn’t so noticeable. However, I’m not sure where this weight has come from. I seem to weigh far more than I ever have in my life and yet somehow I exercise more and my diet is better. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_question.gif Maybe the extra weight is my muscles toning (however, I don’t think I’m very toned so I’m not sure) BUT the significant change definitely came with poling. Since I started taking regular classes my thighs and butt are super toned. For the first time ever I don’t cringe wearing shorts.

It’s weird because I feel chunkier now than before. But in some ways, like cellulite disappearing and body firmness, I seem to be fine. So while I’m more paranoid about showing parts of me like my tummy now (whereas it used to be my best feature), the parts I always hated seem to look great! I’m a weirdo https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• polevixen0213

December 28, 2010 at 4:00 am

Someone should make cellulite "fashinable" so most of women would be happy and to bad for the 10% left https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif
    I got some too even when i was really skinny but that’s a fact that man barely notice it even when you show them. So we all should learn to be happy with our body. And then learn how to use photoshop for our picture on the beach https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif
    Luv it!

Page 2 of 5