StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone up for doing Veena’s 30 day programme?

• I polekat I

September 16, 2014 at 9:36 am

yeaahh i am up for this too!!! I will start both tomorrow (Wed) =) xoxox

• Allgold78

September 16, 2014 at 9:46 am

@tropicalpole deal!! 🙌 I’ll do both then. I meant to join in with the abs one and just didn’t (no excuse, just didn’t!) and I need the group motivation to do the 30day take off to plan. This is gonna be fun.

• AllysonKendal

September 16, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I should probably join in too.

I had a back/rib/scapula pain that had me grounded for the last week or two. But the Chiro fixed me up real good. 🙂

• Rachel Osborne

September 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I am really excited about going back to basics. Right now I ache everywhere, I’m bruised, over trained and a bit overwhelmed… There’s so much I want to work on. Handstands. Back flexibility. Scorpio sequences. Cupid. Allegra. A load of choreo I want to put together. The mermaid freestyle. Argh. I don’t know where to start.

I think the 30 day programme will help my muscle memory so I feel safer and stronger and hurt myself less. And I want to reawaken my half- forgotten pole and dance vocabulary so I can just move without thinking so much and have a greater range of simple movements – because all dance is based out of simple movements that link and build in complexity and the only way to get that down is to have the basics down so it’s in the muscles and in the blood.

Even the greatest ballet stars can be found at the barre every day doing the basic simple plié and arm and leg movements that the most junior dancers do: because it’s where it all comes from.

What are your 30 day goals?

• MommaDragon

September 16, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I’m in. I need to re-start it anyways, lol

• Cazzzz

September 17, 2014 at 12:01 am

I’m in, too! I don’t have a home pole, but I have unlimited access to a studio a few blocks from my house. I think I can make this work. And I absolutely love a group supported challenge!

• Jensha

September 17, 2014 at 12:58 am

When I got my pole I started the 30 day challenge and the abs challenge. I haven’t done anything the last few days as I’ve been completely exhausted and it’s an effort to haul myself out of bed in the morning (slight cold and insane work demands that don’t let up). I got part way through the 30 day challenge and once I’d built up some more strength I tried to get back into some of the other moves that I had previously mastered. This will be great motivation to get back into the 30 day kick-start. 🙂

• NettieMarie79

September 17, 2014 at 1:52 am

Good idea on both. I been having issues lately and it’s obvious I need some extra conditioning.

• Allgold78

September 17, 2014 at 3:10 am

I think I’m much the same TropicalPole. I’ve only been doing it for 6 months and I love working on the harder stuff but I think this past couple of days has reinforced for me that I need to get the basics really solid too. Plus I want to improve my core strength which is why I am going to do the abs along with the 30 day take off. I don’t have any challenges for myself other than that really, but I think that’s plenty to be going on with 😉

• Allgold78

September 17, 2014 at 3:12 am

Hope you don’t mind but I need to post this link to the original challenge thread, for quick reference!

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/53dbaca3-31d4-4dcc-8a1d-44de0a9aa0eb#bottom

• Allgold78

September 17, 2014 at 4:21 am

Woop, both day 1 programmes done. I actually think it’s great that I’ve had to take a bit of a step away from the pole to focus on my muscles and improve my form.

Veena if you read this I have a couple of questions though – I have what I call cracky knees. They feel uncomfortable and click and crack so things like squats and lunges are uncomfortable for me. Are there things I could replace them with, or variations? I’d like to complete the entire programme but I think if I can’t replace these bits I’m going to miss out on big chunks.

Also, the beginning of the videos play black until the picture kicks in. Is this just me or is everyone getting it?

Good luck fellow day 1 peeps. Enjoy! xx

• I polekat I

September 17, 2014 at 5:20 am

so just out of curiosity, whilst doing the 30-day take-off, is this the ONLY poling or anything we should be doing? Is everyone continuing with their regular pole sessions & classes / gym workouts etc as well, or are we supposed to leave all that and just do the exercises listed for the 30 days….?

• Allgold78

September 17, 2014 at 6:00 am

Polekat I’m still going to do my usual 4 classes and 2 small routine classes each week. By stepping away from the pole I mean at home – not doing any other home practice other than the 30 day plans so that I can focus on that. I don’t think I could step away from everything altogether for 30 days!!!

• Rachel Osborne

September 17, 2014 at 6:22 am

I will be continuing with my usual out of home training whilst doing this (4 x pole at studio, 1 x barre) but replacing all my at-home practice/stretching/ conditioning with the 30 day take off/ab challenge. So no more trying out crazy moves at home just focus on basics with Veena and you guys.

I will still freestyle if I can find time though.

• I polekat I

September 17, 2014 at 6:23 am

ahh cool cool =) yeah i was thinking that, i’m doing rather a lot of different stuff at the moment and don’t want to suddenly drop it all at once! i will try to strike a good balance, im rubbish at being really ‘all or nothing’ ! xox

Page 3 of 17