StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Veena Dance Certification Ideas

• Veena Dance Certification Ideas

Posted by PoleAdventures on October 28, 2021 at 8:36 pm

As I already mentioned in the SV Insta Post, I find the idea for a Veena Dance Certification system quite interesting. I just wanted to throw the idea into the room 🙂 What I mean is not a website system that has to be integrated, but simply a kind of system with levels that you can “pass”.
    I’ve seen it a few times and think it’s a great incentive to get a Veena certificate 🙂 And practice of the tricks on both sides should be encouraged.

I kind of picture it like this:
    – There are different levels, for example between 5 and 10
    – There are about 5 to 8 moves/tricks (not too much)in each level
    – The tricks are not fancy variations but rather well-known moves, such as basic climb, plank, butterfly, gemini, scorpio etc. Of course there can be variations, but not too fancy
    – You should be able to perform the tricks safely and in a controlled manner on BOTH sides (I mean not absolut perfect, but SAFE)
    – If you can safely and control all the tricks of a level (plus the entry and exit of the trick), you can record it and post it on SV. Perhaps there could be a way to send the videos directly to veena for people who would rather not post it on the website
    – Veena checks whether the tricks are performed out cleanly and safely (not absolutely perfect) and gives feedback if necessary
    – If all tricks of a level are “passed”, you get a “Veena Dance Certificate Level XX” (a nice PDF or something, with your signature)

These are my thoughts on the Veena Certificate, what do you think? We can motivate ourselves to train on both sides and learn the tricks in small, progressive bites. And Veena could do some kind of individual feedback teaching. Maybe you like the idea Veena, maybe you don’t. 🙂

Veena replied 1 year, 11 months ago 13 Members · 42 Replies
  • 42 Replies
  • Katherine McKinney

October 28, 2021 at 9:15 pm

If this came to fruition, I would gladly get the certification and brag about it when/if I go back to teaching in a studio!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 29, 2021 at 1:58 am

I like this idea! I will think it over more tonight 💜

• PoleAdventures

October 29, 2021 at 8:55 am

Yay 😊 Glad you like it.

• PoleAdventures

October 29, 2021 at 6:39 pm

I wanted to add if you want to play around with some certification grading papers, there s a website where you could do so much things for free: https://www.canva.com/

I create my youtube thumbnails with this site and I also created a small pole training planner 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    October 29, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Awesome, thanks. I’m thinking I’d have everyone use Youtube to upload for grading. This way they can do it privately.

The main thing I’ll need to think about is how to get the word out and where to send them. Discord or the Website? Should we remove the discussions here and just create something that directs people to the Discord for videos and discussions? I’d have to ask webmaster if that would even be an option. I’ll need everyone’s help to spread the word!

• PoleAdventures

October 29, 2021 at 8:41 pm

Of course youtube, gret idea. I didn’t think about that. You can list the videos as private!

What I think is: Let the website as it is, it’s great. Maybe do a series of explaining videos for each level, like your beginner/intermediate level. Post it in lessons like a program. For each level you can make a video which moves you put in, maybe a short visaul of each move and link the tutorials under the main player as people know it. I think you haven’t to create a whole new bunch of things for this, just like a “grading” program and create your levels.
    If this is up, we can post our learnings and tag you on IG for instance. And once we get our first grading certificates it would be reaaaaalllllyyy cool to post this on IG too to attract more people and reach out.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 29, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Ah yes, so it would be like my first videos explaining what to expect in my programs? That’s a good plan.

Do you think I should do advanced level programs like I’ve done with Beg. and Inter?

• anabido0011627

October 30, 2021 at 12:11 am

I like this idea very much! I suffer from chronic social anxiety and I make it to pole class once a week if my anxiety and panic attacks allow it. Dance Certification will definitely allow me to get more involved in the pole community.

• PoleAdventures

October 30, 2021 at 10:45 am

The idea of the advanced programs is great. I would like them too, as every level program you designed.

• Katherine McKinney

October 30, 2021 at 11:24 am

Yes, advanced would also be great!

• jtjin

November 8, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Great idea! Due to corona I can’t take classes anymore so this seems really fun!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 9, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Starting to work on this! It will be a while before the Adv. is ready to go as I’ll have to create levels 1-3 for that section like the others and I can’t start on that until we move.

For now I’m going to plan as much as I can, between prepping for the move. This way I’ll be ready to film once I have a studio again!

• PoleAdventures

November 9, 2021 at 6:02 pm

Ohhh I’m looking forward to this! I will jump around when I have a Veena Certificate 😍😍

• Veena

Administrator
    November 9, 2021 at 6:10 pm

I’ll be redoing the stretches first as I want the ADV section to focus on flexibility so I have a lot to do before it’s ready but I’m excited!

• PoleAdventures

November 10, 2021 at 11:22 am

It is so nice to see that you are motivated again and that you are enjoying creating new videos and tutorials. 😍😍😍

Page 1 of 3