StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions xpole silicone pole

• moonflower

May 7, 2016 at 2:20 am

I’ve tried the silicone sleeve before and I don’t like it. Yes, it’s sticky, but it’s too sticky. I wasn’t able to do smooth transitions, and it left a lot of horrible friction burn bruises on my shoulder and legs. But the worse thing is that it will get suddenly slick if I hit a patch of sweat. So, sticky sticky, SLIp, sudden super sticky skin ripping stop.

Not my cup of tea.

• Papillon

May 7, 2016 at 8:14 pm

I totally understand your point Moonflower. It’s definitely super grippy, I was able to try it for the first time a couple of days ago, and I could grip so well, but then, no chance to smoothly slide. I didn’t experience the slippery sweaty part, though. I have already a brass pole at home in which i normally train. But I wanted to take advantage of the summer and buy something for the outside. And I thought it would be best, to buy something VERY different than what I currently have. Also, would be great for photo shootings. I’m still thinking about it…not sure of what to do!

• Cherry Blossom

May 9, 2016 at 2:02 am

I really enjoy my xstage lite pink 48mm silicone pole. Perfect for wet sunny day in summer and cold winter. I wear jeans or short or leotard. It is better for working the strength and tricks (like extend butterfly). No, it is not very painful with short (well, don’t try superman or spin, of course).

• Papillon

May 9, 2016 at 5:50 am

Thank you for the repply Cherryblossom! Very helpful! I’m thinking about this more seriously since it’s so hard for me to grip due to my sweaty hands! Even using grip aids…it’s really frustrating not being able to do 4 combinations one after the other because I start to slide 🙁

• snowwwhite

May 9, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I also own a silicon pole and like it especially for training new tricks and for super hot days, feels more secure. Never had problems with water on it, since you are wearing clothes, its always super grippy. You can train the same trick more often, as less painful. But having said that, its my second pole, if I would only had one, it would be the normal chrome..you are more limited on what you can do on silicon. I have found, jeggins work best for me, stretchy but tight, I have ripped a pair or two though after a while, lol! If you want it for pictures, it does work great. I have used dry hands with it and its fine, but be prepared for some skin burns if you go on it with shorts and repeat the same move more that once or twice 😀

• Papillon

May 9, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Thank you for such a helpful answer Snowwwhite!!!! Photo shootings is one of the uses, but I’m so looking forward to try new tricks (I also noticed it is less painful!) and to be able to do small choreographies in spinning mode without sliding and having to stop to wear more grip aid all the time! It’s really frustrating…

I have ordered it and I can’t wait to receive it!

Thank you for your advises!!!
    Xxx

• Spiltsugar

May 15, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Just got my Silicone XPole after taking a long break from pole dance (a few years but I teach aerial arts so i have maintained my ability to invert and do some intermediate skills) . I had a chrome before and I LOVE that the silicone is helping me get confidence again in moves I have not practiced in a long time without fear of slipping cause I used to sweat so much on the chrome. However, I do greatly miss being able to do static spins to the ground and it has been challenging finding clothing that works as others have said. So for conditioning inverts, certain leg hook and hand supported skills, and practicing spin mode spins, it’s great! Luckily I have a friend who is letting me use her older chrome xpole soon so I’ll have options but not looking forward to switching them out over and over. I think I need to discover what else I can practice on the silicone before I’ll love it more, feeling a tad limited at the moment. I’ll post a little video on my profile of a couple moves I am trying to figure out how to not get so stuck on the dismounts but also how confident the grip feels even after years of not being on a pole itself.

• Zara Maria

August 12, 2020 at 12:37 am

Pole beginner here, and I just recently got myself an XPole Silicone pole. I’m echoing much of the feedback already given here: very grippy which is great for strength + conditioning training (which is what I need at this stage of my pole learning journey; that’s why I got the silicone finish), though challenging when you’re trying to slide or do static spins.

What I want to share though that I just discovered is that you could make silicone pole feel more “slidey”…by rubbing some beauty oil on it. 🙂 I know it sounds weird, but that’s what I’ve been doing, and it allows me to control the level of “slippery-ness” and “stickiness” of my silicone pole. (It also makes my pole smell good, lol.) Just as you would apply gripping powder on your hands to increase your grip on a chrome (etc.), you could rub some oil on your hands (and legs) to make your silicone pole transitions smoother. Or you could even rub some on the pole itself, and you could static-spin and slide on it, with shorts and tank top on. And you could control how slippy you want it, depending on your learning level. It’s not the same as when you’re on a chrome or brass or TG, but it works, at least as part of the learning and strength building!

That’s my little hack that I just discovered — sharing it here in case it helps someone! You could spin and slide on a silicone pole, with skimpy clothes on! 🙂

Page 3 of 3