StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions xpole silicone pole

• Princess Buttercup

December 29, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I am currently experimenting with different clothing. So far, the tighter, the better and less likely to get taken off of you by the pole LOL. I ordered a unitard last week, since the studio I am at uses them a ton for performances on silks. I will let you know how it is!

• Wcox

December 29, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Thanks Buttercup! Have you tried jeans? I don’t think they would work well but when I was looking at all of the Chinese pole stuff on IG, lots of people have jeans on? This seems tricky! All I can imagine is splitting the seam of every pair of pants I own!

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

December 29, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I would wear a leotard with footless tights. You could also put booty shorts over that. I call it the aerialist uniform, lol.

• Kay Rae

December 30, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I just got a pink silicone pole for Christmas. I’m in Florida… and it doesn’t take long to get sweaty hands. I’m new to this, but got ballsy enough to sit and lay back horizontally. I could have probably gone further back, but I got nervous because my hands, and so the pole, got sweaty and I had to stop. Would any hand grip products hurt the silicone?

• Wcox

December 30, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Kay Rae, I also got the pink silicone pole for Christmas! I used dry hands on my feet when I was training the starfish. Rubbing alcohol took it off no problem 🙂 I don’t know if we are really supposed to use it with the silicone but didnt seem to hurt it!

• Kay Rae

December 30, 2014 at 4:43 pm

That’s nice to know. I just worry because if the silicone gets damaged, that’s it. No replacing it like a sleeve.

• ipole2

December 30, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Hi all – I’ve been enjoying my new silicon pole, too! When I inquired, this is the response I received from xpole regarding clothing and cleaning: “Yes just clean the pole with rubbing alcohol as needed. You can wear any clothes you would like on the pole- we recommend clothes because the silicone will most likely pull at your bare skin a bit- too much friction. however if you do have bare skin, your skin will not damage the pole, just be mindful that you can get skin burns from the friction on bare skin.”
    I look forward to hearing what you all find most comfortable.

• ipole2

December 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm

oops – silicone….

• Kay Rae

December 30, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Yes, my thighs are fire after sitting on it with shorts lol. Well if anyone else gets info on whether we can use mighty grip or whatnot for hands, it’d be much appreciated. I would like to not need to wipe my hands while I’m up there haha

• Wcox

January 6, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Just wondering for those of you who have used or who currently have the silicone pole about the best ways to get down. On my chrome I was used to sliding down and hand standing out of almost all moves (and its not really an option with the silicone and its an extremely hard habit to break) Do you have any favourites?

• Princess Buttercup

January 6, 2015 at 10:54 pm

I climb down similar to a backwards inverted climb. Try it. Its weird at first. You want to climb as opposed to slide.

• AllysonKendal

January 7, 2015 at 8:52 am

I haven’t used a silicone pole, but have you tried a shoulder dismount from inverted crucifix? It’s a nice exit if your stuck and looks harder than it is.

• Papillon

May 1, 2016 at 11:15 am

Hello! I am about to become complete nuts and buy an xpole lite silicone! 🙂 First I was thinking of an rpole due to easy mount/dismount/transportation, but it’s way too expensive. Also, I use to sweat a lot and I tend to fight people’s idea of: pole dance=almost naked prejudice, and this pole is perfect for dancing with clothes.
    Are you all still happy with the silicone pole?
    Does the material last?
    Can you pole with leggings or jeans? Is it really that painful to dance with shorts?
    Can you still use grip aids without ruining the material?
    Also, is it easy to mount and dismount it? I like the idea of taking it to the mountains to just train or photoshoot 🙂

Thank you so much in advance for your guidance, I really trust in you…

Thank you all!!!

• laamhain7127

May 2, 2016 at 9:10 am

I have never used silicone and have only been taking pole dance lessons for three months, but I would recommend sticking with a 45mm chrome pole which has both a spinning and static option. I find that I can wear clothes when my pole is on static and still spin. 45mm chrome is what they use in competitions and universally. As such I would be inclined to stick to that……

• Papillon

May 2, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Thank you for your reply Laamhaim! I actually own a brass pole in which I’ve been working this past year. It works for me because it grips better and because I’m allergic to the other metals.

So now, I was planning to buy something “a bit” more portable for photo shoots and to have outside in the summer. Since I already have a metal pole, and because I would adore to pole with more clothes on, I was thinking of getting this xpole stage lite in silicone. But I wanted to check what fellow polers think after trying it for long 🙂

Page 2 of 3