StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions x pole help!!!

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

You should have a 125 and a 250 that came with the pole, and you have a 750 you bought already. So wheres the 250 you're not using?

• michaelaarghh

August 9, 2013 at 9:14 am

So it’s a pole, b pole, 750 and 250 currently.
    If I were to get the 1000 that would replace the 750 and 250 and then I would add the 125 (is that the right size, can’t remember off the top of my head?)

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 9:15 am

I just talked to the US Xpole folks.  She said based on your description (the pics you included) she would suggest getting a different extension.  Is it safe, most likely but would feel better if you didn't have so much exposed.  Her question is this – besides the 2 main poles which extensions are you using?  The 250 and the 750 or the 125 and the 750 or another combination?  She wants to understand the exact set up to make sure she advises correctly.

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 9:16 am

too funny, you responded while I was typing with the answers to my questions.

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 9:18 am

You should have a 125 pole piece too like Dwiizie stated, no?

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 9:19 am

Yeah put the 125 on top of all of that and see if it doesn't take the thread down a bit.

• michaelaarghh

August 9, 2013 at 9:22 am

I’ve run out of x joints 🙁 thanks so much guys for your help.
    You have all reassured me for the meantime but I think I definitely want to get the 1000 piece. If anything i think it will be good to minimise the number of extensions im using as well. Will keep trying xpole and see if i can do an exchange otherwise i guess I’ll just buy it.

Thank you both so much for your help!

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 9:34 am

Well if you can't exchange, it will also you flexibility for differing heights if you ever take your pole out, and I think minimizing extensions is a good idea. Good luck!!

• X Pole Tech

August 11, 2013 at 6:36 am

Pole Height and Extensions.

It is ‘very’ clear in the instructions that the X-Pole adjuster should not go above 125mm (4.9”). Above that point the adjuster is not fully inserted into the bottom pole tube insert and the adjuster cover will not cover properly. In addition it will take ages to expand the adjuster to the 125mm height.

Calculating the extensions required;

First measure accurately the height at the position you are going to install the pole. Let’s say it is 3000mm (3.0m) or 118” (9’ 6”).

Always measure in Millimetres (mm) or Inches (“) that way  mistakes like 9’ 6”’ being mistaken for 96” will not be made!!!! Yes, we get this type of mistake a lot and the wrong extensions are then purchased. So, please always use mm or inches to measure.

So, we have the height of the ceiling and it’s 3000mm (118”).     A fully closed X-Pole without any extensions – just the main 2x poles (A+B)  – measures 2230mm (88”).

So, now take;

Metric:     The Height  3000mm and remove the length of the closed pole 2230mm and you get ……..  3000mm – 2230mm = 770mm

Imperial:  The Height  118”        and remove the length of the closed pole 88” and you have ……   118” –  88” = 30”

So, now you know that you need 970mm / 38” or less of extension pole tube,  as the adjuster can expand to take up the difference.

Remembering it is always best to keep the number of extensions, and therefore X-Joints, to a minimum, the very best length extension for this height would be either a 750mm (30”) leaving only 20mm (0.8”) of adjuster.

You could also use a 500mm+250mm = 750mm  (19” + 10” = 30”)  which will give the same result but uses an additional X-Joint

Key is always a) to measure correctly and then b) to work out the total extension you need and go from there.

Hope the above helps.

X-Pole Tech Team

• X Pole Tech

August 11, 2013 at 6:40 am

Apologies just seen the ceiling height in question is 3.3m (3300mm hopefully that is exact!).

So;    3300mm – 2230mm = 1070mm.

A 1000mm extension is required with 70mm +/- of adjuster.

X-Pole Tech Team

• X Pole Tech

August 11, 2013 at 6:44 am

Apologies again!!!!

We have just seen a mistake in the main text.  It should read;

So, now you know that you need 770mm / 30” or less of extension pole tube,  as the adjuster can expand to take up the difference.

X-Pole Tech Team

• michaelaarghh

August 11, 2013 at 3:25 pm

thanks so much for that guys, that's really helpful.

i read through my entire manual multiple times and couldn't find the adjuster thread limit anywhere! can you point out to me where it is so i can highlight it for next time?

do you know if i will be able to exchange my extension pole that i bought for the 1000? i emailed x pole australia before i bought and they never got back to me. as i have said also, they have ignored me since buying it as well (probably not intentionally, but nonetheless very frustrating!)

• X Pole Tech

August 12, 2013 at 3:06 am

The information is on Page 4, which is dedicated to everything to do with selecting and calculating extension lengths and the 125mm advice is –  Page 4, bottom left column, last but one paragraph, first line

'The screw adjuster has the capability of extending the expert pole by 125mm (5")'

and again in bold text last line.

"You should never use more than 125mm (5") of the adjuster.

X-Pole Tech Team

Page 2 of 2