StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions x pole help!!!

• x pole help!!!

Posted by michaelaarghh on August 8, 2013 at 3:21 am

how far can the adjuster thread unscrew? my ceiling is 3.3m, I bought the extra extensions, and they came today yay. So I've put my pole up tonight with the boy's help, and once we were confident it was up there securely (I've put my pole up and down many times before in different houses), I've noticed I can see the rubber band thing underneath the adjuster cover? (I think the o'ring?) Is this okay? I don't know if I can add any more pieces to this pole, and I'm just so despondent. someone please help!!

X Pole Tech replied 10 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 28 Replies
  • 28 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

August 8, 2013 at 7:10 am

The threaded section that is exposed alone is 7.75 inches (a little over 19.5 cm).  There is another 5.5-6 cm that is threaded into the bottom piece.  HOWEVER, there needs to be a set amount screwed into the rest of the pole, hence the reason the adjustor cover is only so long.  You should have no issues at that height with your pole.  I am unsure where you are seeing this O ring.

• michaelaarghh

August 8, 2013 at 7:15 pm

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t496/michaelaarghh/IMAG1322_zps5f704617.jpg

okay so i have attached photos…as you can see in one of them, i have about 13cm exposed currently… i am wondering if i should just send back the 750mm pole piece i just bought (do x pole even do exchanges? because i cannot get through to their customer service team!!! they have a lot to answer for as far as customer service goes in australia!) and get the 1000mm instead, and use the A +B + 1000 + 125mm pieces?http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t496/michaelaarghh/IMAG1319_zps939303d7.jpg

the other photo shows what it looks like with the thread closed, with that rubber ring and two holes…i've just never seen this before so not sure how safe it is?

• michaelaarghh

August 9, 2013 at 1:26 am

bumping this thread up, really hoping someone can help me out? 🙁

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 2:45 am

Have you called xpole? They are very helpful and should be able to address your concerns.

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 2:56 am

Sorry missed the middle comment in your post. I am in US and they have been very quick to help. I would probably have same questions you have if I saw same thing – just to be sure.

• michaelaarghh

August 9, 2013 at 7:52 am

I have called them, no one ever picks up. I have sent emails that don’t get replies. I have even tweeted them, and tbh I’m getting quite a bit fed up. Especially after spending so much money and not even knowing if this is safe to use!!

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 8:03 am

So you exact measurements from floor to ceiling is 3.3 m (with carpeted floor based on pic)?  I'm used to inches so just want to verify – because they will most likely ask to ensure you got the right extension…maybe I can call the US side to see if this is odd.

• TLizzard

August 9, 2013 at 8:07 am

I also looked at my pole and the black ring is not showing.  I have almost 10 foot ceilings so only got the 500mm extension and I don't show that many inches of thread.

• portableninja

August 9, 2013 at 8:14 am

I sold my old Xpole to a friend with a 9 foot ceiling (mine are a shade under 8 feet). When I set it up with her, I was using all of the out-of-the-box extensions as per the manual, and I could see the black ring once it was fully extended. I never saw the ring before because I'd never pushed the pole up to 9 feet. Is the black ring not supposed to show? It seemed fine otherwise.

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 8:32 am

When I had 9ft ceilings I had the pole way up on the thread to make the contact. I ended up getting an extension because I didn't like it, but it was probably structurally ok if x pole says its ok…

• michaelaarghh

August 9, 2013 at 8:45 am

Well I have no idea if its supposed to be there? The manual doesn’t say anything, the manual doesn’t even say how high the adjuster thread can be unscrewed. It feels okay,I am just knowing ill have to tighten it over the next day or two as the carpet depresses. I would feel safer if I could swap the 750mm for a 1000 and then add the 150mm extension as well, if that makes sense.

🙁 thanks for all your help guys. I’m just really upset over x pole being so frustrating…and I’ve already waited a month to put it up…I’m just impatient haha.

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 9:02 am

Mine has that o ring on there, I think its just to act as a bumper for the adjuster cover if it was lower. And yes, buying the extra extension is what I did just because it felt nicer. 

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 9:07 am

But I think I used the 750 extension with the 250 extension that came with it, and left the shortest one out. Or maybe it was the 750 with the short one and the 250 left out. Either way…

• michaelaarghh

August 9, 2013 at 9:07 am

I just don’t want to spend over another $100 because they didnt reply to my initial emails and calls asking for help either. Sigh. Maybe ill try it out for 2 weeks until i next get paid and see what I’ll do then.
    Good to know that it’s okay for that rubber bit to be exposed though. Thanks 🙂

• Dwiizie

August 9, 2013 at 9:11 am

So it was base, A pole, B pole, 750, 250, top piece, dome. (or maybe it was base, A, B 750, 125, top piece, dome, but thats how you have it now right?) But it worked well. Maybe you need to add that section to the top to make up for the 13 cm…

Page 1 of 2