StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions foam roller… you my only friend!

• AllysonKendal

October 4, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Yeah! It’s on Amazon for like 30 and it seems to be nice quality. But I figured I’d give it a go. Then I’ll see if I want a bigger one, or a bumpy one or whatever. This is a good test run.

• I polekat I

December 12, 2014 at 6:19 am

Pudendal nerve impingement!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGHHOH MY GOD lucca this is exactly what I did last night!!!!! (Funny, I thought I had a similar thing when you first mentioned it but that was totally different – I felt straight away that was a weird owweee nerve freak out thing cos I was rolling at a funny angle and I should leave it well alone – I haven’t rolled my lower back like that since..) but found a great ‘hip decompression’ video on that dance website the other day (ball under your ass) and did that for ages – it felt really good at the time, then as I was rolling I started to get uuunnnnreal pins and needles all up my leg; wasn’t entirely unpleasant but it was CRAAAAZY intense – I could feel it ‘swooshing’ all around my leg??! (If you’ve ever had reiki it was like that: squared to infinity haha) I wasn’t sure if I should be a little concerned.. but I figured that was just all the nasty knots releasing cos it was my first time doing this, and if I wiggled my toes my leg was ‘still there’, y’know?! So I carried on and did the other side =P Then when I stood up my whole ass and foof was all numb!! And it still is the next day haaa!!!??!?! it’s so weird!!!!
    ….And the best bit was, my first thought was ‘oooh I know someone else this happened to!! Must find the thread!!’ Did you just get back to normal yourself?? Im not sure if I should leave it alone or roll more to try ‘un-impinge’ it again, or if this will make it worse hehe!!! =P

• Lucca Valentine

December 12, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Oh noooo!! Hahaha ^_^ Yeah I just left it alone for a few days and it went back to normal. I was scared it wouldn’t. I was like well…I guess this is my life now lol

• I polekat I

December 15, 2014 at 4:13 am

haaaahaha yeah echoed my thoughts exactly!!! i must admit i would have been much more worried if i hadnt read your post before it happened to me – it must have been really scary for you!!!??! well the feeling is slowly coming back a few days later phewwwwww…. and i really want to do it more but i am afraid now haha!! maybe i will downsize to a golf ball to start … =P

• Lucca Valentine

December 15, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Yeah it was def scary! Downsizing to a golfball might actually be more dangerous…the smaller the ball, the deeper it tends to go. And even if something feels reaaaaaally good yous typically don’t want to spend more than a minute on one spot (which is even on the high end). Even though it’s really. Really. Tempting to camp out on that one spot. I even knew I wasn’t supposed to do it and still did it cuz it just felt sooooo good hahaha but then nerve impingement which didn’t feel so good!

• I polekat I

December 16, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Aaarrgghh! ! OOk haha maybe I’ll start with a beachball… Oo

Yeah that’s the problem I get lost in some bits for aaaages.. I do it foam rolling my thighs all the time and I get up feeling really spacey and weird haa it does funny things to you !!

• Lucca Valentine

December 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Yeah it definitely does! Make sure you drink lots of water 🙂 stretching and foam rolling can have similar effects on your body as weight lifting/resistance training so if you do a lot of it without drinking enough water you can feel really icky the next day

Page 4 of 4