StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions foam roller… you my only friend!

• Stefana of Light

September 1, 2014 at 9:08 am

Well I’m looking for an addition to my roller family 😉 anyone have a RumbleRoller? I currently have a bollinger , this is the 2nd one I’ve bought because the pipe lining on the first busted … Not super impressed with its quality but still very grateful it relieves the pain!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Haloanne

September 1, 2014 at 9:28 am

I have a Rumble Roller! The blue travel size is nice and portable, but the larger one would be nice for home use. My boyfriend has the harder black one, I don’t recommend it… Way too painful! Personally, I have no need to maximize the agony. It’s a bit more costly but has been extremely durable. I do recommend it, and the texturing makes it more effective in certain areas.

The most cost-effective solution so far has been a plastic plumbing pipe. 7 years and going, it cost 10 euro 😀

• MeganJoan

September 9, 2014 at 6:00 pm

After doing an intense back and quad stretch session day before last followed by follow up back session plus hips and middle splits yesterday I feel as though I am dying. Sooooo I’ve decided to buy a foam roller and use it during my hour long PT break today. It’s going to be super intense buy I know I’ll feel better afterwards and probably get totally addicted. Wish me luck!

• Stefana of Light

September 10, 2014 at 8:21 am

Haloanne thanks for the input! I think a small on will do, I mostly want it for deeper trigger work. And yes I think foam roller are a fantastic addiction!! Happy rolling!

• Mechie

September 15, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I love my compact Rumble Roller (black) and my full size Grid Roller…bit I think Rubz ball are still my favorite. I literally carry one with me wherever I go!!

I never tried tennis balls because they seems too soft…maybe I’ll give that a shot on my less stubborn muscles.

• I polekat I

September 19, 2014 at 3:47 am

does anyone have any tips for your neck?? My foam roller is amazing on my back and legs and I have tennis balls and golf balls for my shoulders, but i find my neck almost impossible to reach with any of these, its so awkward..! It is always sooooo tight. would a smaller roller do the trick..? or what does everyone else recommend? =)

• Haloanne

September 19, 2014 at 6:35 am

Rumble roller is awesome for the neck area because of the little knobs that it has! I recommend trying it 🙂

• Stefana of Light

September 19, 2014 at 7:40 am

That tiny rumble roller sounds perfect!! I use a hand held roller for my neck , whoop out the heating pad for 5 if it’s tight and then roll. The pole is the only other “roller” that I’ve like for my neck , it works pretty well! Hard to explain but either stand or sit and you can use the pole to roll or put pressure;)

• I polekat I

September 19, 2014 at 9:09 am

oooh thanks guys will try these out !! =)

• Wanderluststruck

September 29, 2014 at 11:18 am

Lacross balls

• jonmarkus4492

October 4, 2014 at 7:17 am

been thinking about getting a roller, but the prices are insane. target is selling them for like 40-50 dollars…JUST FOR FOAM!!!???? Wondering if its really that useful for helping you stretch that its worth 40-50. been trying to work on getting my splits back, and have been having alot of hamstring pain. does the roller really make a difference?

• Stefana of Light

October 4, 2014 at 7:35 am

I vote yes it – think your body will decide that after you have tried one !! And yes that’s average price for a good roller. I started with a pool noodle, that gave me the idea of what It would feel like and how I could maneuver around on it and then I was sold so maybe try that? Pool Noodles are way cheaper however if you are a crazy in love with it you will want something firmer. 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    October 4, 2014 at 11:14 am

It’s well worth paying for a quality roller. It will last longer than cheaper lower density rollers. In the lesson here I have a link for my favorite roller. A foam roller can changer your life lol 😊https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4dcc48af-f630-4a8e-aa67-78850ac37250

• AllysonKendal

October 4, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I just picked a Golds Gym one up from Walmart on sale for $11.00. It’s not as long as it could be but its nice and firm so it’s fine for now. I really hate going to Walmart but I’m happy about my roller!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 4, 2014 at 1:04 pm

11 bucks is a great deal even if it only lasts a few months!

Page 3 of 4