StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions do your kids know you pole?

• FuzzyNavel

May 25, 2012 at 2:38 pm

My pole is in my living room and my kids pole too. I recently had a birthday party for my 7yr old daughter that basically turned into a giant pole party. The girls kept saying, "I wish we had a pole in our house!" 🙂 I don't really dance sexy per se around them.

I hope no one minds me posting this video, but this thread made me think of it. I watched this last year as I was planning on singing it at a karaoke bar. Stacy's mom gets on a pole at the end of the vid. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4

• RM2012

May 25, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Simplycountry – my prem is being tested every 3 months for possible CP, he didn't walk until over 2yrs old, around the pole! 🙂 Isn't it great that both are therapists have encouraged that? Whatever helps the kids can only be a good thing!!

• RM2012

May 25, 2012 at 6:42 pm

*our

• Krista Bocko

May 26, 2012 at 5:48 am

So one area of possible concern might be when parents bring their kids to your house, if the pole is in a highly visible location like mine is.

My oldest daughter brought friends home yesterday (she’s 14) and I had the pole up. I don’t know if they commented on it to her or told their parents later. I figure as long as I’m not letting them on it and I don’t get any calls about it , it’s good. Ha.

• Forever Young

May 26, 2012 at 7:06 am

I have 2 sons – 8 and 11 years old. They have no preconceived ideas about the pole and are both super surprized at how strong you have to be to do the tricks. My youngest son plays on the pole every chance he gets and especially loves spinny mode! My eldest is not that interested but he is going through that “pre-teen” stage where he is only interested in “his” company, his blackberry etc.
    I don’t have any concerns with them knowing I pole or saying anything to their friends. As far as I am concerned, the people who assocaite pole dancing with stripping are ignorant. They have obviously never watched a “real” pole dancing video or they would know how far from the truth it is.
    I love showing them my new strength moves (shoulder mount) and see the amazement on their faces. Even better when they try it and realize “wow – this is so hard.
    Be proud of what you do and your kids will respect you and your pole!

• poletrickster

May 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm

My pole is in the living room and we have family pole time regularly. Poling has improved my 7 yr old sons fine motor skills, he had very weak pinky and ring fingers and could not right his name or color properly, since he started poling his Occupational therapist is releasing him from services because of the drastic improvement. Pole does a body good 🙂 As for sexy stuff I never get the opportunity to do any floorwork because I homeschool and kids are here all day with me. I wish I had some alone pole time but its not happening around here.

• poletrickster

May 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm

wish we could edit I meant "write" not right lol

• ginger78

May 28, 2012 at 3:00 pm

After I got hooked on pole I asked my instructor if my daughter could try a class. My daughter was 16 at the time. The important thing here is my daughter had low self esteem and a bad body image. Pole has worked wonders for her. She loves it and now at 18 is telling me “Schools almost out, now I can go with you more often.” She still has a thing about body image but it is that way for all of us. The confidence that pole has built in her is wonderful. So my thing is each family is different and each child will react differently. We need to give our children confidence by showing the confidence in ourselves.

• ginger78

May 28, 2012 at 3:00 pm

After I got hooked on pole I asked my instructor if my daughter could try a class. My daughter was 16 at the time. The important thing here is my daughter had low self esteem and a bad body image. Pole has worked wonders for her. She loves it and now at 18 is telling me “Schools almost out, now I can go with you more often.” She still has a thing about body image but it is that way for all of us. The confidence that pole has built in her is wonderful. So my thing is each family is different and each child will react differently. We need to give our children confidence by showing the confidence in ourselves.

• SaschaPoles

May 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I don't have kids but I have a lot of lots of nieces, nephews and cousins who like to play on it. I think it's all how you present it. If you present it as a bad thing, something to be embarassed about and ashamed of, that's how they'll perceive it. If you present it as a positive thing, they'll look at it that way. 🙂 

• SaschaPoles

May 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I don't have kids but I have a lot of lots of nieces, nephews and cousins who like to play on it. I think it's all how you present it. If you present it as a bad thing, something to be embarassed about and ashamed of, that's how they'll perceive it. If you present it as a positive thing, they'll look at it that way. 🙂 

• Juicy Jenn

September 7, 2012 at 1:13 pm

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif yes they do and they support it! My kids ( cause we live in a apartment) give up there room for my pole time. My kids have done a head stand against the pole. I showed them. I know it may be wrong but I rather my kids know that is a art/fitness and not dirty.

• nancybras6286

November 18, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Yeah they totally know, my whole family knows and it’s ok with it actually, I’ve donde some dance for them before and they love it,I’m a pretty sexy kind of mom, I overall tend to be very sexy at home and my kids love it.

• tiggertail

December 5, 2016 at 1:52 am

My boys have been raise with a pole in the middle of their playroom, so yep they know. It’s even my oldest, at the time he was 6 who told my mom that mommmy got a pole lol(you should have seen her face) To them it was normal, they were even looking for pole when visiting because some of my friends had one too. Of course has they grow, my oldest is now 12, i had to explain the differnce betwwen pole dancing and being a stripper in a bar. Because lets face it, if he goes to schoool saying mommy play on a pole at night, some kids might not be nice to him.

What they don’t know is that sometime when they are not home mommy put on her sexy high heels, body roll and crawl to the floor while lights are flashing, they don’t need to know that part…ever lol

Page 3 of 3