StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Your dream pole bra

• chemgoddess1

July 12, 2010 at 3:23 pm

This one I think is going to be more difficult than the shorts just because of all of the different sizes/shapes. I have a few Danskin sports bras that I love to pole in but are not necessarily on the sexy side.

For me:
    Push up or padded so it looks like I have something there. Cleavage is even better!
    Probably racer back or cross back so the straps are not constantly falling down.
    I HATE bras that give armpit muffins.

• amberpoledancer

July 13, 2010 at 11:30 pm

OMG i dont know why someone hasnt thought about this before! excellent idea. Well im tall and very big boobed (34F…sometimes FF) and it is a pain to even get a half decent sports bra in my size never mind a pole bra https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif I managed to track down one (hot pink in colour) and its crap! no support at all!! So for the past year an a half (yes that long!!) i have been wearing only one bra when i pole! its not made for sports it just a fuller cupped bra that has faithfully done its job but is falling apart at the seams!! I NEED a pole bra!! wearing a normal bra to do any sports in is really bad but i dont have a choice! when i do a CAR the boobs fight to spill out, when i invert, when i shoulder mount, when i caterpillar!!! it really is a hinderance https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cry.gif I teach pole and work pretty much every night, thats a lot of poling and a lot of spillage! pleeease make a lovely bra that will cater for bigger cup sizes too, https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif
    Some nice designs and colours would be great also!! I live in the UK do you think if you manage to make them you would be selling them overseas as well?
    lol you can tell im desperate for one cant you? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Solya

July 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm

This is such an awesome idea, I’ve been hunting for the perfect pole bra for bloody ages. I’m a 34D so I have to wear two bras as well to keep the girls in place, it’s so annoying. I’d love something underwired but without padding so it doesn’t push up your boobs to your neck. I really like those sports bras that are made of double elastic material – those give uniboob though, that’s why I’d like underwires. A wide adjustable back strap would be really nice because it takes pressure off your shoulders. I basically don’t want to care about my boobs when I pole, so I’d want the bra to take the weight off my shoulders so I don’t have to deal with the extra weight on my chest pulling me down etc. Also no racerback because of the shouldermount.
    I have a couple underwired bandeau bras and they’re a lot better than regular ones, maybe you could use the bandeau cut as a base and make it more sports bra-y https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Oh and the idea of a unitard with the sides cut out is genius. I’d love to use my back and waist for extra grip but I just don’t feel comfy poling in a tiny bra. Unitards are so cute, maybe you could design one with a boy shorts-like bottom, some material in the front and perhaps with thicker strings instead of the back strap and shoulder straps so it would fit different shoulder and boob sizes. I’d totally be the first to buy it! Whatever you come up with, hope you’ll ship to the UK too https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• velvetvixen

July 15, 2010 at 7:48 pm

This is probably a duh thing but when your designing bras, do separate patterns for small, medium, larger chests b/c it probably fit differently . You could have optional padding that slides in between the fabric (like a pocket kinda) for those who want it and those who don’t, saving you money and can cater to both. Plus we can change it up ourselves.
    I like thinner straps myself and a sweetheart or curved neckline vs straight and boxy.

You could also do it by style-(romantic,pretty and feminine), dramatic (glow in the dark, snake skin) sporty, Performance (more glitzy ones) etc.

• poledanceromance

July 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

I only have one complaint with bras. And it’s the same complaint no matter who the manufacturer or what the style: when EVERY BRA COMPANY THERE IS makes their bras, they make the same bra in multiple sizes. But they don’t take into account that a smaller breast has a completely different shape than a larger breast. The cups of th bra are always the same shape as they are in a DD as they are in a AA, so the bigger chested girl has pretty supported cleavage and I get droopycups that swallow my boobs. And if I go down another size, the only thing that changes is that the cups are narrower from side to side the smaller the cup size. And it really frustrates me! A smaller breast still needs support from alllll the way over by the armpit to the center to be comfy. Just because I have small breasts doesn’t mean I cant get armpit rolls when the cup is too narrow yet sticks too far out in the front. I want a bra that doesn’t make me look like a mastectomy patient yet also doesn’t assume my boobs project forward like DDs. I want a bra that enhances the perky, MUSCULAR look that is so common in us hootlet bearing polers, and is cut for the kind of non-binding support that us girls in the AA-B range really need, because we are more concerned with achieving the proper shape than locking and loading the gals.

• Hazi411

December 24, 2011 at 12:56 am

I've just discovered this post.  My 2 cents worth:  I am "blessed" with naturally large boobs (G cup in UK/Australian size, and sometimes a GG cup if can get it, b/c of my narrow back). 

I'd like something that looks sexy but still holds the girls in place.  Not keen on the "uniboob" look, but have been living with it with the existing sports bras I have. 

No seam across the boobs please (as that makes me look even larger!), and cut high enough at the side of the boobs so that mine don't make a bid for freedom and end up hiding under my arms 😉 

Maybe a kind of "sling" across the front, under the boobs, and up around the sides to hold everything in.  Perhaps some kind of laced-up front would work, and would maybe accommodate varying sizes of boobs.

• PoleSkivvies

December 24, 2011 at 9:03 am

Hi Hazi411 – The results of this post turned into the Gemini Bra.  You can see photos of it on pole dancers and read what they have to say about it here:  http://poleskivvies.com/gemini-pole-fitness-bra-testimonials/

• Hazi411

December 25, 2011 at 6:38 am

Thanks PoleSkivvies 🙂

• Black Orchid

December 26, 2011 at 12:55 pm

My dream pole bra keeps the girls in when I am upside down or sideways, gives me awesome cleavage and is cut low enough on the back and sides so its not the way of the underarm holds. And of course, looks good in class!

The ones I've seen that are the most like that are the Danskin Deep Plunge sports bra and the Victoria Secret PINK yoga sports bra…I haven't tried any of Bad Kitty PoleFit to see if they work too. 

• pegasusaerialfitness

December 27, 2011 at 8:30 am

I would love a pole bra that actually fit. I have a small rib cage 34DD and the bras are always too big around the rib cage and too small on the boobs. It would be great if they were more adjustable in the places around the rib cage, over the shoulders and had enough breast coverage….(not body coverage) Hate shelf bras. They always cut right across the nipple and your boob is hanging out the bottom. Great look. Also you need your breats to be able to move a little. Some transitons are difficult, because you boob is stuck on one side while you are trying to get on the other side. I'm also older, so it should be supportive. If you dont have enough support your tummy skin gets scrunchy too. It needs to pull them up a little, instead of resting in the bra.

• PoleSkivvies

December 27, 2011 at 10:11 am

LOL – I hate shelf bras, too!  For the same reason, and I"m only a 32D.  It is SOO not a good look  …  ðŸ™‚

• dancing in the gray

December 27, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I would LOVE a unitard that covers up my tummy but still has a cut out on the sides for grip!  And one that supports the DDD girls!

• Hazi411

December 28, 2011 at 4:48 am

https://www.studioveena.com/users/view/4d853680-e000-41ed-8969-6c0b0ac37250  I hear ya 😉 My back is only 30-32….but with a GG or G cup size!  Why oh why do bra manufacturers think DD (or sometimes even…..gasp!……..an E!) cup is large enough.  Don't they realise some of us have narrow backs combined with big boobs 😉

There is a serious gap in the market for sports bras for larger girls with narrow backs, who don't necessarily want to run, so don't need their boobs squashed in a compressing bra!

I'll get back in my corner now!

• LopsiJulie

December 28, 2011 at 6:56 am

I like interesting cuts. Unfortuately sometimes I worry they would fall out hanging upside down.  So yeah… that's a MUST!

Page 2 of 2