StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Your dream pole bra

• Your dream pole bra

Posted by PoleSkivvies on July 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm

It’s occurred to me that sports bras were originally designed for joggers – they are there to compress your bosom and keep you from jiggling as you run.

The thing is, there’s not a great deal of running and bouncing in pole dance. Just like joggers don’t (I hope!) spend a lot of their time upside down.

So, I’m working on a pattern for an AERIALIST bra. A sports bra made with aerial sports in mind. This is where you come in – I’d love to know what you wish your bras would do for you. Like, do you want it padded in certain places for comfort? Do some designs get in the way of certain pole moves? Where do you need support so you don’t fall out when upside down?

And anything else you can think of! THANK YOU!!

LopsiJulie replied 12 years, 4 months ago 23 Members · 29 Replies
  • 29 Replies
  • evennotodd

July 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I would like to see a convertible pole bra. That way if you want to go strapless, racerback or the plain way you have the options. I would also like one with more feminine lines. The ones I see from Aerie (American Eagle) has the most feminine qualities to me, but everything else is just ugly underwear.

On a side note, I would like to see either a control top or cami that is ideal for pole dancing. Either one with a sheer panel around the tummy or a better shape controller.

• Maria-Elena Kadala

July 10, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Title 9 has a great selection of sports bras, as does Champions Sports Bras, in a variety of colors, sizes, and shaping (as well as compression).

Victoria’s Secret has a 7-way bra which can be worn with any strap configuration or strapless.

• SimpllySweet

July 10, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I’m 39 years old and mother of three. Those kids just sucked the life outta my cha cha’s. And to top it off I don’t have alot in that department. I’d love to see a cute top made that flatter’s flatter chested ladies that aren’t so perfect on top.

• PoleSkivvies

July 10, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Thanks, everyone – keep your thoughts coming. Especially in terms of what you want on the pole!

• Danielle Tillie

July 10, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I would like something that will hold them still without squishing them! A little bit of ruching in the center of the bust might be nice, as it flatters the chest for those of us with smaller girls. Obviously if there is not enough coverage on the tops of the boobies then they might fall out (although I know I personally don’t have to worry about that, lol). Having thick seams anywhere can cause discomfort in a variety of pole moves. For example, sports bras with thick straps tend to be uncomfortable in shoulder mounts. Removable padding might be nice so that there are options. Also, a variety of pretty colors would be appreciated. I hope this helps! I look forward to your creation!

• polefairy

July 10, 2010 at 11:19 pm

What I’d like is something that provides support but is still pretty/sexy. Sometimes it feels like if you want support you have to compromise on image but I wish this wasn’t often the case. Something lacey/ruffled would be lovely image-wise for me but it would have to hold everything in place without squashing ’em too much https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

I was playing upside down on my pole today and my sister took a pic of me and even though I was wearing a tank top my boobs looked like they were dying to jump out so a bra that will not squash ’em but that will support them enough to not fall out when I’m upside down would be great https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Am I asking too much? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_tongue.gif

• Maria-Elena Kadala

July 10, 2010 at 11:21 pm

What I’d really love to see is a cute unitard with cutout sides. Between the C-section and hysterectomy, the middle-line of my tummy is best left to the imagination, yet there are some moves for which we need to bare a little skin on the side.

There is a frustrating lack of choice for the larger-breasted women — the ones who need the most support! I can’t wear anything with a shelf bra, over over a bra, because it pulls the neckline down too low. Even the on-line catalogs for exotic dancers (many of whom have implants) rarely offer more than a C-cup.

I have basic bras that work for me, but I’d love to have something cute to wear over them!

• minicoopergrl

July 10, 2010 at 11:40 pm

There is a frustrating lack of choice for the larger-breasted women — the ones who need the most support! I can’t wear anything with a shelf bra, over over a bra, because it pulls the neckline down too low. Even the on-line catalogs for exotic dancers (many of whom have implants) rarely offer more than a C-cup.

My 3 things – coverage, support and designs. Im a big boobied gal, im carrying around dd’s on a 5’4 frame. I have to double up on sports bras when I pole b/c one isnt enough support for me. Molded cups would be awesome that we dont have uni boob! Colors and designs please!!!! Im tired of having a small selection in colors when it comes to bra shopping! I love my boobs but I dont want them spilling out during a CAR (when I finally get it). There are also some moves where I feel like im gonna suffocated due to gravity.

• Judy Jovanelly

July 11, 2010 at 1:48 am

well, since my boobs are 52 years old and several degrees south of where they started, i would like a pole bra that lifts em up, doesn’t push em under my chin, and holds em in place (maybe more generous cup cut?) when i invert. and i LOVE descalzada’s idea of some kinda unitard-type thingy that exposes your side skin whilst tastefully draping the front tummy bits that have seen better days…. for me, that idea would be nice as a kind of bra-top (like victoria secret’s ones). and that’s my 2 cents ! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• isisandshiva

July 11, 2010 at 6:57 am

Oh I would be first in line to get one, but my main things would be underwire but sturdy I don’t love the whole squshing thing so I found one thats half way right but the underwires are on the outside so the compression it does offer pushes the underwires away from my chest so it kinda defeats the purpose but also atractive that’s big, but i think if you get the bra design down I think you should incorporate it into things like rompers and things that resemble monokinis, because a lot of these things thay have those triangle tops and they look really cute but my boobs aren’t exactly where they belong so they never look good.

• PoleSkivvies

July 11, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Wow – lots of ideas! Thanks!

• ottersocks

July 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Hey Jennifer!
    Great ideas!! I’m a 32 DDD, so tiny frame and natural big chest. I do well with a number of champion bras that are underside and wide in the back, but look like demi tanks so I can wear them alone. One thing I wanted to point out: I find racer back bras are terrible for shouldermounting. My bras are all regular tank style straps. But when students have racerbacks I am always pulling the straps over so their flesh can touch the pole. So I would recommend staying away from racer style. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif. Ellen

• JenLFG

July 12, 2010 at 3:21 am

i would love to see something that was not made of strings! lol! but, still sexy & offers support && obviously no "spilling" out the top when i do inverts.

• Maria Joao

July 12, 2010 at 10:47 am

Hi Jennifer

Like the girls said, one that offers support yet sexy and comfy. And it could have the efect of a push-up bra, without the discomfort of the boobs falling out in any invert (like my colleagues’s bras https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif ).
    And I hate sports bras, they make me look like a litlle boy (I’m not big in that area), so yeah, it’s a GREAT idea! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• polergirl

July 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I DON’T WANT UNIBOOB. I have two boobs and I’d like it to look that way!! And sexy. I want to feel me some sexy!!

That is all.

Page 1 of 2