StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Your Holy Grail Beauty Products?

• horsecrazy12987

April 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Also, I forgot to mention that there are several much cheaper dupes out there for the Clarisonic–Olay has one, as does Sally's, and I believe Neutrogena and a couple of other brands. The cheaper systems do not work the same as the Clarisonic–those brushes rotate, as opposed to the Clarisonic, which uses the sonic technology and merely vibrates. I cannot personally attest to the effectiveness of those cheaper dupes, but I have read other people say that while they did like them while using them, once they got ahold of a Clarisonic, they noticed a huge difference in quality between that and the cheaper systems.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I use a kids moisturizer. It doesn't have preservatives and I love it. Actually it is a sunscreen that I use as a moisturizer. I can use it year round.One bottle cost me 10 and I just tossed it out. It lasted 3 years! It never breaks me out and I think it helps battle any acne b/c if I skip it and I go into the sun, I just about always have lil bumps or a breakout.

• polefairy

April 22, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Drinking more water and taking regular exercise has done WONDERS for how my skin looks. No joke!! My skin is prone to getting litte dry patches and sometimes they itch like crazy. I  use a Tea Tree and Cocoa Butter moisturiser to heal up the dry skin. 

I like the nutrogena 2 in 1 facial cleanser, it can be worn as a mask or just as a wash. It's very gentle but does the job. If my face needs brightening up I use Ocean Salt from Lush. (TRY IT!!) Don't over use it though, it is very strong but used ocassionally as a treat it is amazing.

For my everyday look, I use different colours from the Urban Decay Naked Pallette, it's so worth buying. I also use the black glitter ELF pencil to line my eyes. Maybellines Big False Lashes mascara is good BUT the brush lets the product down I feel, so I put it on and then use my brush from Benefit's 'They're Real' to coat it all over my lashes. This prevents clumping but gives nice thick, gorgeous lashes. Many, many people have complimented my eyelashes when I've done this.

(They're Real is also excellent BUT it is expensive and dries out FAR to quickly, Maybelline's is about a quarter of the price and is just as effective)

For lips I keep it natural, I use the Carmex moisture gloss. It's tiny and cute for in your pocket and puts a lovely sheen on my lips without adding colour. I use ELF lip colour if I'm going out. 

I'm also another fan here for Urban Decay's primer lotion. I have the face and eyes one. I also highly recommend the Urban Decay make up setting spray. I was sceptical but it works like magic! 🙂

• Kobajo84

April 22, 2012 at 3:25 pm

My holy grail beauty face products are coconut oil (works for makeup remover, nail conditioner, hair deep conditioning treatment, & an over night moisturizer). I also love bare minerals skin rever upper premakeup routine! I was going to get either the Ud naked or naked 2 palettes but I found the shany cosmetic 88 eyeshadow neutrals palette which has both naked & naked 2 dupes plus more shades and I absolutely love it. I use it with my E.L.F. Eyeshadow primer and it works great. I’ve been getting a lot of compliments on my eye makeup since I began using this palette. Far cheaper than urban decay and amazing quality pigmented shadows. I’m going to write a blog review this week with all the ud dupes. 🙂

• horsecrazy12987

April 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I LOVE coconut oil. It's awesome for your hair and skin. I've used it as both a body and face moisturizer, and once a week I put it in my hair, leave it for a couple of hours, then shampoo out. Leaves it so soft and shiny and healthy.

• firemuffy

June 29, 2012 at 4:04 pm

For my face, I use Green Beaver green tea and aloe moisturizer. Organic and no chemicals. My skin doesn't burn like everything else does.

I also use Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer, and got the Book of Shadows eye shadow kit. Absolutely love their colors and they actually stay put and look vibrant.

Shampoo and Conditioner I use the Jason line. Works wonderfully on my thin coloured hair.

As for skin lotion I sometimes use coconut oil or steal my son's moisturizer, Cj's, which is from a WAHM. Lovely scents like Warm Vanilla Cake and Blueberry Crumble. Mind you, I haven't used those lotions on days that I pole.

• OzarkSiren

August 19, 2012 at 11:49 am

After reading this thread I purchased some Buxom Mascara and it is AWESOME !!!!  Doesn't flake either which is important to me since I wear contacts. Love how it makes my lashes look.

I am pretty much a MAC and Aveda girl but this is my new Fav !!!!  Thanks !!!!

• calipolepixie

August 19, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Mabelline stiletto mascara…I even got my mother in law & sister in law hooked on it. It makes your natural eyelashes look amazing & gives great length to your lashes.

Bare minerals foundations are GREAT makes your skin look flawless but doesnt “look” like youre wearing make up, it looks natural.

• megan12

August 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm

NARS Orgasm blush, the best blush in the whole wide world. I also cannot live without Missha BB cream. It has the perfect amount of coverage, has SPF 50, anti-aging properties, and feels weightless unlike other foundations I've tried. I pretty much love anything MAC, I have tons of eyeshadows, lipsticks and lipglosses. And Laneige's water sleeping pack. It's a gel you put on at night, it smells so good and it's supposed to help aid in falling asleep. It provides a ton of moisture without any stickness or breakouts because it's oil free.

• Eileen Jennifer

August 20, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I love E.L.F Essential Eyelid Primer. I cannot wear any eye makeup without using it first because I have very oily eyelids. It's only $1 and I find that it works better on me than Urban Decay's Primer Potion. For $1, you guys MUST try it!! You can find it at Target.

I also love Urban Decay's Naked Palette. I could probably go through life without buying any other eyeshadows.

For lips, I use Carmex before I sleep every night & when I get ready in the morning. Then good ol' Chapstic throughout the day.

For skin, I wash every day with St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control. My skin isn't sensitive, so it doesn't get irritated from using this everyday. I spot treat zits with the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil, and I moisturize with CeraVe's Moisturizing Cream.

• OzarkSiren

August 20, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love St Ives Apricot scrub. I use it every day to exfoliate. Being older and growing up on the beach I have to stay on top of my skin care. There are 2, one is for blemishes and one is for exfoliation. 

I will have to try the ELF Eyelid Primer. I usually use MAC's primers. But will give it a try.

Will try the Stiletto Mascara.  Love talking beauty products !!!!  Thanks !!!

• michaelaarghh

August 21, 2012 at 12:38 am

Rosehip oil!! Suprised no one has mentioned it so far, it is THE BEST. I have really dry skin (although every skin type benefits from it!) and I massage 2 drops into my face right before I go to bed, and it keeps my skin really supple and nice. It is completely natural as well – so no nastty sulphates or chemicals. 

If anyone's interested in more info just hit me up!

Also – love the clarisonic. The regular sized one can most definitely be used in the shower. Mine is the 'classic' – so not the 'pro' (which can be used with the body head too) and I chose that one over the Mia because I liked the cradle it sits in, and it has the timed feature. Slight self-plug here, but I did a review of it on my blog here: (http://www.where-is-my-mind.com/2012/03/clarisonic.html) when I first bought it. As it's been almost 6 months I'm doing an update post beginning of next month – so keep an eye out for that if you're interested!

• mspretty1414

August 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Just a side-note for all the ladies with a Clarisonic; I've had the full size one for going on four years now and it's still working great, and my skin has improved a ton.  I also have used the Clarisonic (sonicare)  toothbrushes for the last fifteen years and they seem to last about seven to eight years before they konk out.  So hopefully the Clarisonic has a similar lifespan, because even though they're a little pricey they're well worth it given the effectiveness and how long they last 🙂 Oh, and I use generic pHisoderm cleanser with mine, it's the same consistency as the expensive brands Sephora recommends and I think it works just as well.

• Jessilee

August 22, 2012 at 11:40 am

I love my clairsonic Mia..I have a body brush attachment that I use with it as well..I love it for my arms and legs especially. So just FYI if you didn't know that the body brush will fit the Mia, it dies..I also use Either Mario Badescu face cleaner, or Derma E cleaner, so you don't have o use special soap, but nothing with anything abrasive.  My other beauty product is coconut oil..I use it head to toe..I love it as a deep coditioner or just a small amount instead of silicone stuff left in after I wash my hair. I use it with a little essential oil or plain as a body lotion/oil..I also like to add it to bath water.

• turnandburn44

August 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm

http://news.davines.com/en/2010/04/10/melu-richness-and-body/

love this line of shampoo and conditioner

Page 4 of 4