StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Your Holy Grail Beauty Products?

• glitterhips

March 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Amy I have read about the sally's brand and it has gotten mixed reviews where the clarisonic has all awesome reviews. I didn't know you needed a specific cleanser though. Not saying the sally one isn't awesome I just have heard both sides of the coin

• aliceBheartless

March 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I am guessing that one doesn't actually NEED the cleanser, but that like any other product, they will always have their own companion product. I just wasn't sure if it was the cleanser or the product itself that everyone was raving about. Must be the product, if no one here is using the cleanser!

• aliceBheartless

March 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm

o yeah, also, my favorite mascara (if I wear makeup, I always wear mascara… my stubby little lashes are blond https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_evil.gif) is Givenchy. Phenomen'Eyes Effet Extension. I literally can't go back to a regular mascara wand anymore, even though the price tag kind of freaks me out.

• pegasusaerialfitness

March 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I have the Clarisonic… love it. i use my own cleanser and the blue sensitive skin brush. It's your gorgeous face…Dont cheap out on it. You are worth it. If you get the regular clarisonic you can also get the body brush head…Amazing..skin will be like silk. It helps take all the extra skin so that your products will absorb better. ..so it saves you money because you use less product.

I do not use the clarisonic every day on my face, I break out a little if I use it too hard and too long.

• mspretty1414

March 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I've used the Clarisonic for about three years…love it.  I use pHisoderm cleanser with it, it's similar to the one that Clarisonic recommends.

• nymphdancer

March 7, 2012 at 7:22 pm

lol Amy!!! I need you to send me a pic of you with a container of Arbonne protien shake with the caption "because it is the only one that doesn't taste like barf" on it 🙂

• Lana Lee

March 7, 2012 at 10:31 pm

The Clarisonic brush can be used with any cleanser.  I hear a lot of people prefer the Mia over the regular one because you can take the Mia into the shower with you, whereas the regular one is not water resistant.  The only 2 big difference between the regular and Mia is that the regular has a stand for you to charge, the Mia has a magnetic charger (which is really cute and cool).  The regular one works much like the Sonic toothbrush where it's on a timer, and will stop momentarily to tell you to switch to the other side of your face.  The Mia runs for 1 minute nonstop, so you've gotta count in your head.

• mspretty1414

March 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm

The full size Clarisonic can be taken into the bath/shower too, I do mine but double-checked to be sure and they say it can 🙂  If you get it from Sephora they give you a bunch of samples of the different cleansers for it too.

• donnalee

March 11, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I love this topic.

Organic Angel – I agree with you about sleep! I would also like to add that I am a big vitamin taker. I find vitamins to be very important to how I feel and look.

• poleclimber

March 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Whoever suggested using urban decay magic potion on your eyebrows on this thread is a GENIUS!  Thank you!

• Meleania

April 22, 2012 at 2:02 am

For anyone considering the Clarisonic Mia, I used it for about 4 months, not consistently, and occasionally I noticed little red dots around my eyes and on my brow bone. I thought it was a new product I was using or something, so I would stop using that product but continued using my Mia, I never noticed that it was only after I used the mia that i got the red dots.

Well a couple weeks ago I got my pole back for the first time in a long time I poled. I only played around for about 20 minutes and only went upside down a handful of times but when I got off and looked in the mirror my face was beat red (much redder than usual) and there were tons of broken blood vessels (tiny red dots) around my eyes, and on my temples.

Going upside down can cause broken blood vessels but i barely did and I have spent much longer periods of time pole dancing. My mom said it looked like the way a pregnant womans face looks when blood vessels burst from being in labor. Now I know it was the mia causing the red dots and weakening my blood vessels which caused it to get so much worse after poling. I had never had anything like it in my life!

I stopped using the mia since that was the only thing it could be because I eliminated all the new facial products I was using already. I was only using it for half a minute once a day at night, so its not like I was over using it, and it didnt go anywhere near the skin around my eyes, so it was just the vibrations that was effecting that area. After I stopped using it and the red dots went away (I read they can be permanent, yikes!) I havent gotten any since.

So yea something to consider before dropping so much money on an item, especially since we all spend so much time upside down.

• AvaBabe

April 22, 2012 at 6:58 am

Oh wow, that’s crazy! I have been using my mia for a year now and have never had a problem, but I do have darker olive skin so not much makes me red except a good dose of humility lol.

• Lyme Lyte

April 22, 2012 at 7:28 am

SensatioNail gel polish. Kit from Walmart, i go almost a month before i talk poloish of…..not because chips (because there are none) but the growth along the cutucle starts to look wierd!

• nymphdancer

April 22, 2012 at 8:55 am

I have to do half moons on my gel polish or re-do every week because I get about a 1/4 inch growth in that time, if I left my nails a month they would be too long to type with!

• horsecrazy12987

April 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I finally caved and bought the Mia a couple of weeks ago from Ulta. For those of you thinking about purchasing it, make sure you buy from an authorized seller, otherwise Clarisonic will not honor the warranty on it. I found it quite a bit cheaper on Amazon and was about to buy it, but then read that Amazon is not a licensed Clarisonic dealer, so if something goes wrong with your Clarisonic during the first year, when a warranty would normally cover it, Clarisonic will not replace it. Ulta has the warranty, as does Sephora, and I'm sure there are a few online shops that do as well, just make sure the retailer you purchase from is an authorized Clarisonic dealer. Also, check into the retailer's return policy–Ulta has a 60 day money back guarantee, and I believe Sephora's is the same length of time. This little gadget ain't cheap, so you don't want to drop $100+ only to realize you don't like it.

Here are my thoughts so far on it: I really, really like it. I use my own cleanser with it (I have read the included Clarisonic cleanser is actually not very good); I recommend you use a good foaming cleanser. The African Black Soap I mentioned early sudses up a lot and works really well with the Clarisonic. I use it only once a day, at night, because I feel like twice a day is overkill, and I have read of people who had problems with irritation when using it this often. The Clarisonic is deep cleaning your skin, and I don't feel like this is necessary in the morning–a quick rinse, some moisturizer, and you should be good to go. Nighttime is when you need to get all the accumulated junk of the day off your face (makeup, pollution, dirt, etc.) It definitely gets your face very, very clean, and because of this, it seems to me that my serums/nighttime treatments are soaking into my skin better, thus getting me more bang for my buck with my other products. My skin is always nice and healthy-looking and glowing after I wash with the Clarisonic in the evening. Some people do experience purging, so you may get some breakouts, because the Clarisonic is removing all the crap under the surface of your skin. My forehead is very sensitive to all types of manual exfoliation, scrub or skin brush, it doesn't matter, nor does it matter how gentle the product is, I always get little bumps if I use some type of manual exfoliation for more than a couple of days on my forehead. (Although the rest of my face is absolutely fine, for some reason. Skin is weird.) I used the Clarisonic all over my face for about two days, got a bump on my forehead, quit using it there, just treated the area with a spot treatment until it went away, and I now just use the Clarisonic every few days or so on my forehead. Make sure, when using it, that you do not press the brush into your face–all you need to do is lightly set it on your skin and make gentle circles all over the area you are cleansing–the Clarisonic will do the work for you. If you get any purging, I would back off for a couple of days, treat the area, and then go for it again. That way you can kind of gently ease your skin into it if you have reactive/sensitive skin, or a lot of clogged pores being cleaned out.

I kind of wanted to be able to return this because it's so expensive–the Mia is the cheapest of all the Clarisonic systems, and I still dropped about $130 including tax–but I can't bring myself to. It makes me look forward to washing my face, as strange as that sounds.

I did a lot of research on this prior to buying it, so look around, read the reviews, and decide for yourself whether you think it's a product that would work for your skin type. There are tons of reviews on Youtube, Makeupalley, Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, and all over various beauty blogs. They can also help you decide which system would work best for you.

Page 3 of 4