StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Yoga Hammock help

• Stefana of Light

November 4, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Ok got my goods to make my aerial hammock. Just curious about the denier … I got interlocking polyester instead of nylon tricot like I was told ( shame on me 🙂 but the tricot seemed stiff… And I believe the polyester said it was 70 deneir … I see the tricot is 40 deneir. did I get the wrong material?? Also it’s only 5 feet in one direction and 10 feet in the other, My father in law was with and pursuaded me by pulling on it saying I can pull 150 lbs and this isn’t budging.. 😉 I’m totally fine with getting new fabric if what I got isn’t safe and or doable! any advice is greatly appreciated!

• PoleFitMom

November 4, 2014 at 5:35 pm

What is your ceiling height Shoogstandley?

In my studio we use the nylon tricot 40 denier.

• Stefana of Light

November 4, 2014 at 6:11 pm

9 foot:)

• PoleFitMom

November 4, 2014 at 6:23 pm

You would want between 6 – 7 yards of fabric approx 108″ wide.

• Stefana of Light

November 4, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Thank you. Ok and how long?

• PoleFitMom

November 4, 2014 at 6:46 pm

LMAO – didn’t I say between 6 or 7 yards for your ceiling height?!?! ;o) Hehehe!

• Stefana of Light

November 4, 2014 at 6:53 pm

That seems like s weird question just confused because Im seeing fabric for like $6 for 108″ wide … That can’t be the right amount?!? Do you have a manufacturer or retailer or recommend for the fabric?

• PoleFitMom

November 4, 2014 at 7:07 pm

That $6 price is probably for 1 yard – you will need 6 or 7 yards. Buying from a fabric distributor is going to be cheaper than buying the same fabric from an aerial supplier.

• Stefana of Light

November 4, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Ok I see ok total weirdo over here! Ok got it 7 yards by 108 wide found some delicious red fabric on Amazon 🙂 thanks again for for helping me out!!

• sienkas5678042

July 24, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Hello to everyone, before some days i buy aerial hammock, i install them in between 50cm distance, everything is fine except when i am inside hammcock i feel very tight .
    I want to ask what is the ideal distance between the hammock ?
    Is a double point hammock
    I ask because i intall at the wall and i don’t want to make more holes.

Thank you

• Veena

Administrator
    July 26, 2017 at 2:05 pm

For distance I go by personal preference and most of all where my ceiling beams are!! You want to anchor into a joist so for me it always depends on the home. I like to use 2 separate joists so it’s about 16 inches. It makes for a nice open hammock.

Page 3 of 3