StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What do you wish someone had told you?

• Sarah77

March 25, 2012 at 7:37 am

I wish someone had told me how distracting pole can be. Listening to the radio while driving and instead of seeing the road, seeing what moves’d be good with that tune. How expensive and addictive it is, how much I’d fall in love with it, and how I wish I’d found it in my early 20’s rather than my 30’s. How pole becomes part of you unlike any other sport.

• Sarah77

March 25, 2012 at 7:38 am

And stretching, lots and lots of stretching.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm

That there was people more advanced than me. lol. I actually thought that I had invented some moves! haha…wish I'd had direction from the start! It took 4 years into it to find that! I didn't know there was a certification back then either. I used to do privates b/c I was simply more advanced than the others around me at only one month in and wish I would have continued with the teaching from then on and thought about it seriously as a profession. It was more of a fun thing and I often did it for free!!! Jeeeezzz……what I would do differently now….haha…

I do have my certification now but don't do too much with it…

• ahlemh20014818

March 25, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I wish someone would have introduced me earlier to pole dancing, I feel  I wasted some times away.lol as I am a beginner, I am very glad to read ur posts, so that I know what to do (stretching, dancing) and not to do (kicking ), very good post!

• Chwenny

March 25, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I wish someone had told me that

1) its normal not to progress as fast as ‘everyone else’ does, and that I would definitely get better over time.

2) that I would probably get injured somewhere along the way, and that minor sprains and pulls are normal, pretty common, and not something to freak out and worry so much about!

3) that not all of my friends would ‘get’ how pole isn’t just another hobby but an entire awesome lifestyle, and not to care if they don’t. Cos no one else gets a pole dancer the way her pole sisters do! 😉

• polergirl

March 26, 2012 at 7:55 am

I love these answers! 

Question: would y'all mind if I published these to my blog? I won't share names, will just say they're from an informal poll.  ðŸ™‚  

• Debss

March 26, 2012 at 8:51 am

Mine's not a wish that somebody had told me to carry on dancing and doing gymnastics when I was younger, but that I'd listened to my mum when she said I should!
    Can only imagine how much better I'd be at pole if I hadn't given them up and lost all my rhythm/flexibility!

• Charley

March 28, 2012 at 9:59 am

I wish someone would have told me the importance of freestyling for sure, the importance of flexibility training and how important in person instruction is.

• I C Anuka

March 28, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I wish somebody told me that splits are something special and can go away if I do not do them time after time. Now I am even not sure if I will get them back ever, but won’ t give up practicing…

• karebearstare

March 30, 2012 at 1:44 am

The beauty and importance of floorwork. I used to only look for tricks but now i value floorwork so much more as it

• karebearstare

March 30, 2012 at 1:45 am

…plays such a vital role in your dance. (hit send accidentally). Hehe

Page 3 of 3