StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What do you do for a living?

• Polefit Korea

January 21, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Wow! This thread is so much fun to read. Feels like all the veeners are having a huge get-together.
    I’m a dentist/translator/a pole intructor.
    Currently.. I own a dental clinic and poledance studio.
    My thought is… One can hardly live off of a dance studio.(just my thought)
    That’s why I can’t let my dentist career go although pole studio is much more fun thing than digging other people’s mouth.

• Polewalker916

January 21, 2014 at 9:50 pm

After graduating uc Davis with a bachelors in animal science and management, I decided to expand my family instead of becoming a veterinarian. I spent four years as a vet tech in a couple hospitals in Reno and sac. After working thru my second pregnancy I took my maternity leave and never went back!!! It was too expensive for child care, plus I wanted to stop missing my kids lives, I worked multiple jobs plus school while my so was growing up and did not want to miss it anymore, I wanted to be there for him and my new little one, which are now 12.5 & 2.5 years now. I found pole again almost 2 years ago, started back at it and have been teaching a beginner class ever since. Not much money in it but the other benefits outweigh the money by far. I have missed the veterinary field and hoped to go back when my daughter is old enough for preschool or possibly wait until kindergarten. Although I know I’m doing the most important job as SAHM, I miss the social interaction with adults as well as the feeling of worth I get from the veterinary field. My “new” job for the past year has been getting my husbands corporation established, legal, and fully functioning. It’s been a tough curvy road but we r up and running. I am now using the part of my degree I never planned to use and only acquired to expand my qualifications….accounting. I’m doing the bookkeeping and office stuff, it’s ok, I like that I can do from home but it’s definetly not helping animals. For all the jobs I’ve ever had, I’m pretty happy with what I’m doing and where my life is at this point. I feel proud to be helping my husband build what he has dreamed of. I also like that I love and am very addicted to pole and that my husbands job is in the cell tower industry. I climb, he climbs…lol now to get him to do iron x from the top of the tower!!! With climbing gear of course, but I can imagine the most amaZing street pole picture ever!!!
    Loved reading the other responses, it is true that anyone can do this and we are all sooooooo different with our jobs. Inspiring and interesting.

Page 22 of 22