StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What are your current pole goals?!

• PoisonB

August 18, 2013 at 7:33 am

I'd like to finally get my invert. I am trying to figure out how to correct what I am doing wrong. I can bring my leg up past the pole while standing straight up but the tilt and hook thing…. Ha!

• Goldilocks

August 18, 2013 at 8:19 am

@poison8:

I cant tell you what you are doing incorrectly, but I can tell you what worked for me. When I first started I couldnt invert, but i could bring my leg up past the pole as well. What really helped me was practicing the invert in parts as well as doing core strengthening exercises, since a lot of inverting comes from your core, and muscle memory helps alot. start by gripping the pole then bringing your legs from the floor to your chest into a tuck. Repeat until you can do it in your sleep. Next practice shifting you body back, or tilting, while in the tuck position. This is where the core strength comes into play. It is hard at first, and progress is slow, but it'll happen. Lastly, practice the tuck, into the tilt, and open your legs into a V. ANd there you have it a perfect V. When I first started I had to jump, or swing a leg for some momentum, but by the end you shouldnt have to. Took me almost a month to get it correct after much practice. Wish you the best of luck!!

• Goldilocks

August 18, 2013 at 8:21 am

Also I really want to do the Ayasha and caterpillar. But most of all I want to do the superman!! I have been trying for weeks, and  I think the problem is that I wimp our because of the burn. I dont know. I just cant seem to get it yet T__T

• polergirl

August 18, 2013 at 9:46 am

Goldilocks–I posted a little superman video two weeks ago or so that helps with the hip flip, which in turn wayyyyyyy cuts down on the pain, because the skin barely twists at all thanks to the hip/leg positioning. It may help with your superman woes!

• tacha666

August 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm

The superman IS painful. What seems to make a difference is to get into it from up the pole and not from the ground (that way you already have your hips down). The easiest is from a handstand (coming down from inverted crucifix for example) and really focusing on staying straight.
    And it takes time to get used to it. But if you do it a few times everytime you practise, you’ll have it soon!

My current goals changed a bit due to my injury. I can’t work on my splits right now, there won’t be any spins for a while and grace is also a thing I can’t work on right now, same as floorwork.
    So my current goals are more towards strength: arms-only climb, shoulder mount, handstand, flag, …

• leyrose

August 18, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Quirkygirl16 I do have her lessons, they’re great!

Will need to work on the tuck and tilt moves to get my abs stronger!

• calipolepixie

August 18, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Caterpillar & Ayesha (all of the grips but ill take at least 1 for right now). Caterwheel mount would be great too.

• nonyvole

August 18, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Immediately?  Stop slipping so much.  Dry Hands isn't cutting it, but that and rubbing alcohol is all that I have until I start getting paid again.  More long term is getting my hips to cooperate and go where I tell them to go, plus general flexibility.

• ISis1976

August 23, 2013 at 8:10 am

I have several goals: To get the knee hold and stay in place; To invert and transfer into a blade (which means I need to so work on my flexibility); And To strengthen my wrists and forearms.

• Lady Glitter Sparkles

September 3, 2013 at 9:58 am

My goals are to get my shoulder mount back and to strengthen my grip.I’m also working on the Marley? (not sure of the name). its where your top leg is gripping the pole from behind the knee, your other knee is resting on the pole below the other leg and your hand aren’t holding the pole at all. so your your body is perpendicular to the pole.

• Lady Glitter Sparkles

September 3, 2013 at 9:58 am

My goals are to get my shoulder mount back and to strengthen my grip.I’m also working on the Marley? (not sure of the name). its where your top leg is gripping the pole from behind the knee, your other knee is resting on the pole below the other leg and your hand aren’t holding the pole at all. so your your body is perpendicular to the pole.

• ChocolateLEO

September 3, 2013 at 10:03 am

Mines is the Twisted grip handspring into the iron X, dead lift, phoenix, reverse aysha. I’m also cleaning up my shoulder mount, more control and holding it longer, and the elbow grip Aysha, holding it longer

• IrishOrla

September 5, 2013 at 8:38 am

Superman flip, the dreaded sg aysha, and handspring 🙂

• Misspolejava

September 5, 2013 at 9:00 am

Phoenix, Nadia’s double cup spin to deadlift, “air walk” on spinning deadlift, and the other half of my fonji!

• NerdasaurusJess

September 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

To just be able to pole again. My first day back on the pole in over a year was yesterday. It was pretty humbling. My injury made it impossible for me to lift or do body weight in my time away from the pole. Ugh.

Page 2 of 2