StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What are your current pole goals?!

• What are your current pole goals?!

Posted by Quirkygrl16 on August 11, 2013 at 7:31 pm

What are everyone’s current pole goals?! Right now I’m DYING to invert! I’d also love to learn the lay back

NerdasaurusJess replied 10 years, 8 months ago 21 Members · 30 Replies
  • 30 Replies
  • Lee lee

August 11, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Right now, caterpillar since it’s such an important move to learn.

• Quirkygrl16

August 11, 2013 at 7:42 pm

My friend who started poling the Same time I did knows that! It’s crazy how much faster she learns than indo

• Lee lee

August 11, 2013 at 7:51 pm

It can be frustrating too, right?! But hopefully when you get to that moves, she can share some tips.

• Quirkygrl16

August 11, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Oh it drives me nuts!!! It’s hard not to feel like a failure… And it’s hard to remember everyone starts at different levels. She also has a gymnast background unlike me

• sassylina

August 11, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I think my next step is working on aysha's. I do the reverse aysha, now the rest of them. 🙂 One step at the time. oh and shoulder mount.

• Quirkygrl16

August 11, 2013 at 9:32 pm

You can do it !!!

• Tasha J

August 12, 2013 at 2:57 pm

For me, it’s the butterfly and my middle splits.

• Beckypolegirl

August 12, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Cartwheel mount, getting closer but not there yet 🙂

• Quirkygrl16

August 12, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Great goals!! I need to work on my splits as well

• Mary Nightingale

August 12, 2013 at 5:38 pm

@QG I was attending a studio where all the classes were mixed. I had advanced girls I could barely catch up with and begginer who nailed moves before me, and I feel like both parties driven me to try new moves and try harder and succeed faster. It’s a healthy competition and it really helps seeing someone nailing a move. Sometimes it was like dominos, as soon as one of us got it suddenly the rest beginning to nail it as well. Yes it’s frustrating at times, but you just have to remember progress is a very individual thing, and you’ll eventually get there too, and other people should just inspire you and not set you any standards.

Currently want to secure my elbow grip Ayesha, and the twisted grip lift and twisted grip Ayesha. Maybe work on my cup grip instead of TG. Also on my to do are flag invert, janeiro and some other I can’t recall right now.

• Quirkygrl16

August 12, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I totally agree about the domino effect. Sometimes it’s just hard I remember everyone started at different places.

• x falcon 3 0 x

August 13, 2013 at 12:44 am

I just tried my hand at Janeiro today.  Working on the mechanics and creating that shelf with my elbow on which to stick my ass https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• leyrose

August 13, 2013 at 12:54 am

want to get my invert! I've only been poling for a couple of weeks (I bought a pole at home and taught myself some moves). Now I've started lessons people don't get how I am able to do the splits and all sorts of things but can't invert…

• Paunobs

August 13, 2013 at 5:43 am

Do the strength moves and it will happen.:-)

• Quirkygrl16

August 13, 2013 at 8:31 am

Nice, stiletto! Ley rose: just make sure you are learning safely!! I suggest getting veenas lessons.

Page 1 of 2