StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Unethical competitions

• Mary Ellyn

May 31, 2012 at 9:14 am

I should also add that while I developed the criteria for Midwest and now the North American Championships – they were developed with the same criteria we are using for IPSF (the pole Olympic org) and then organizations like Florida Pole Fitness  Championships and Pacific Pole Championships followed the criteria I used to develop their own guidelines in a way that reflected their vision.

So we all have been working together already. Rules and scoring doesn't need to be the exact same as different organizations will have different visions of the focus of their competitions but it really is happening already.

I'm not at liberty to say  but there is something really big and exciting coming soon but we aren't ready to present things publicly just yet.

So please…keep the ideas coming! We are listening and are happy to hear your thoughts!

• Anonyma

May 31, 2012 at 12:21 pm

anyways, competitions in the US  are looking a lot more professional than here in canada

• sherrepolesque

September 23, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I know Body and Pole is a top studio but why would a Comp organizer allow several judges from that studio to judge when they have students of their own competing? that is not fair! Thoughts…….

• sherrepolesque

September 23, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I know Body and Pole is a top studio but why would a Comp organizer allow several judges from that studio to judge when they have students of their own competing? that is not fair! Thoughts…….

• miss fern

September 28, 2013 at 5:32 am

In relation to instructors/studio owners judging their own students at competitions – I think this is fine. I wouldn't want 75% of the judging panel to be from one school or anything, but to be honest I would rather be judged by someone from a competing pole school than someone who doesnt know enough about pole! And pickings can be pretty slim some times – just because someone is a good pole performer, or makes pole costumes, or used to do gymnastics, I doesnt necessarily mean they would be a competent pole judge. So I'd hate to see someone less suitable picked over a good judge, just because the latter has their own girls in the lineup. The criteria and judging systems should be set up in such a way as to to prevent bias so things like knowing people who are competing should be less of an issue.

Page 8 of 8