StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions URGENT HELP PLEASE, I BLEACHED MY DYED BLACK HAIR & NOW IM ORANGE

• xylina

August 15, 2013 at 2:41 am

Same happened to me my hair went orange I was pissed oh well I said I went back to black and I had ti condition my hair really well cuz it was very damaged

• Cherished

August 15, 2013 at 6:45 am

Don't forget you can always do strand tests to see what will and will not work before putting something new on the entire head.

If you can stand being orange for a bit I also think gradual bleaching is better so in between you can do protein and deep conditioning. Maybe bleach once a week or once every two weeks until you have the right shade of blonde.

• Dwiizie

August 15, 2013 at 9:59 am

To me, the last one looks like the best one. If you apply color after removing pigments, your hair will take the color much darker. An "Ash Blonde" will come out "Grey Brown" so be careful with that. The color lift you used the first time can probably be used again in a couple of weeks after you have time to nourish your hair. The real factor is: If there is pigment in your hair that is artificial, you need to remove it. After that you can bleach, redye, or leave in brassy mode. If you feel confident you have the pigment out, use the same lift as before with a LOT of blue purple tone and hope for it to lighten more (basically what chemgoddess said). Strand test if in doubt. If it were MY head, I would use Decolour Hair Colour Remover, and then condition like crazy to get my head healthy, and then I would use a regular bleach/color lift like you did the first time, and condition and healthify like crazy, and pray for my hair. I would NOT leave that 40 vol lift stuff on for 60 minutes though. I would go for 30-40 and then rinse. If its not light enough at that point you can try again in a few more weeks, but 60 minutes is killer if its anything like the prismlites powder bleach/40 volume devolper mix I use here in the US. I am going from natural dark brown hair and I lift it to platinum silver whitish in just 35 minutes. Any more than that and it starts breaking off. I also do my head in two stages to keep it even, i pull the top back and do the whole process on the bottom, then when its dry I do the whole process on just the top, making corrections if the underneath isn't quite what I wanted. Try using google or whatever to try and understand how hair and color works and you'll be better informed to make your decisions if the salon is really out for you (I know how that is, its the case for me, thats why I am willing to just share my experience, but can make no guarantees.)

• Phoenix Hunter

August 24, 2013 at 10:52 am

I am not a hair professional, but I have went from dyed black to platinum blonde 3 times in my life. My hair is naturally red. I used bleach and had to use it several times(CArefully!) to get enough lift, then used a blonde toner to get the shade of blonde I wanted. I have used a color remover before and my hair broke off. Plus it didnt remove hardly any color at all. Bleach your roots last. bleach processes faster close to the scalp due to body heat. Your safest bet right now would be to tone your hair to a light brown with a semi permanent hair color. Later on you can go lighter after much conditioning and trimming. If you are like me, you will bleach it again. It will lighten even more but you will have to tone it with a semi permanent color. If your hair is orange you will need to tone it to a light brown shade. if your hair is yellow-orange you can probably tone it to a dark blonde,  yellow- tone it to a light or medium blonde shade.Aphogee has a hair repair kit that works wonders. someone mentioned this before me. Get it!  What color are you trying to achieve?

• Phoenix Hunter

August 24, 2013 at 10:58 am

Yes, try to wait about a week in between bleachings. conditioning in between time with something like Aphogee.  you just need to bleach more. the danger with bleaching is that you sometimes need to bleach 2-3 times but bleaching makes your hair weaker and weaker. you must check your  while you are bleaching it. it's a risk but it can be done.

• Phoenix Hunter

August 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

I like Wella Color Charm bleach, but it is powerful. it works fast

• verashan125333

December 10, 2013 at 2:03 am

If i were you,i will wait for my hair to grow and then cut the dyed hair.Nowadays more and more people choose to wear wigs to cover their own bad hair and there is a wide selection of wigs hairstyles such as black hair wig men and European stye hair wigs for women and so on in http://www.hairwigsall.com/categories/Men%27s-Wigs/

• KaylaW

December 10, 2013 at 10:55 am

I had the same issue but from only dyeing it black once. I ended up with Marilyn Monroe blonde roots and Cheeto orange for the rest. I bought an ash hair dye color and put that over it and it worked. I had called a salon and asked them and they said the ash colors will help cancel out the orange tones.

• MaxieMelve021594

December 18, 2013 at 1:59 am

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a cheap synthetic wigs and it is perfect.

• HellOnHeelsNH

January 7, 2014 at 7:09 am

Black is the hardest to get out, i managed to do it but i did it slowly over about 3 months time, give it backs in between of at least 2 weeks, do not put brown over it! It will go back to black i made that mistake too! Get a purple base bleach it helps take away orange tones…but do breaks so you don’t break all your hair off

• lindachulla3308

February 27, 2014 at 3:46 am

There are many online shops that selling the hair wigs of different styles now such as teh European Style Wigs and also other style for people in all over the world and if you are in need of one just get the hair wigs from the top seller online shop I have bought one discount wigs women and it is of high quality and good design.

• NellieBrix012602

April 9, 2014 at 4:30 am

Usually if I want to change the hair style I will buy the cheap hair wigs at the online shop so that it will neither cost me a lot and I can reach the goal of change my hair style easily. And just a week before I bought one hair wigs online and it makes me look better.

• Crystal glaze

April 9, 2014 at 9:42 am

I don’t know anything about the coloring aspect but if you start to get worried about damage soak it in non refined organic coconut oil overnight….it will do wonders for damage.

• missczech2394

May 30, 2014 at 8:24 pm

It would have been best to use color remover first and then to bleach it. I would recommend going to a professional because if you bleach it again, your hair might turn into a mush and you will have to cut it- speaking from experience. They will likely have you wait a week to attempt to fix it. How light were you wanting to go? If you want to tweak the orange, you will need blue violet base color (they counteract the orange). I would still recommend seeking professional. I am so sorry. I have went through the same thing and it was stressful. Keep us posted and best of luck. M

• CrazyKosters

June 6, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hey limien..This is not a place to advertise and spam the forum selling phone cases. Just saying..

Page 2 of 3