StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Transition out of an advance plank

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Thanks pr1. Yay polergirl!!

• joni1

February 11, 2014 at 8:43 am

Going from an advance plank into layback twisting over into an ayasha is my favorite transition out of advance plank is too. we call it spinderella. If my student was willing to go to a layback from advance plank, there are many combos from there. But she is scared to go into a layback as she fell out of it before at another studio. I was thinking maybe going to a V sit with both hands on pole in a baseball grip, so a no sitting on wrist hello boys move might work for her

• polergirl

February 11, 2014 at 9:06 am

Falling out of a move is NO fun. If she doesn’t want to go down except for cross-knee, then she pretty much has to go up, yes? If she’s close enough to the floor she can sit back up and cast off into a fun slide (chest at pole, slide on tops of feet).

She can sit up into hello boys and bring one leg up to cross over the pole at the back of the ankle, catch with the same hand, then swing the other one around to the back of the pole to an inverted position. Kyra showed this move at a B+P streaming class recently. I *dug* it soooo much. 🙂

• BonnieAndClyde

February 11, 2014 at 11:59 am

Sassylina: Im not exactly sure what you are saying about the knees but as I thought about it your hips would be on the wrong side of the pole for ayesha. It s a cool transition in theory!But sliding down into the diva dive would be awesome.
    Lina: I have not tried the aysha part of this transition but now I want to go home and play and see if there is a way to get into it without falling!lol

• Veena

Administrator
    February 11, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Ok just tried the Adv, plank into Ayasha, I liked it!!! Was this what you were explaining? https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/52fa69c6-0d20-4efc-a2a6-63cc0a9aa0eb

• polergirl

February 11, 2014 at 1:06 pm
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Love yours too Poler!!

• PJ Piglet Poles

February 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

What about a thread through to superman Joni?

• joni1

February 11, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I can see it from a tread from hello boys to 1 sided superman PJ Piglet Poles.

• firebird

February 12, 2014 at 1:52 am

Been teaching my students from an OLD Felix routine (2006 when she won her 1st Ms Pole Dance Australia title), and she does a layback (CAR) to the iguana hold in a lunchbox position. They are all about Intermed-Adv level, but hugely differing levels of back flexibiltiy, yet they have all had some success with it, so maybe your student can too? Just maybe 1st practice kinda close to floor & u spotting her (hold her hips, ready to slow her down towards a handstand or to land onto her soulders) in case she doesn’t have the grip strength, esp in that position… Tip: arching the back may seem scarier but it totally helps balance things out AND secure the grip…

Page 2 of 2