StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Transition out of an advance plank

• Transition out of an advance plank

Posted by joni1 on February 9, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Hi, One of my students asked me to come up with a transition out of an advance plank into another move other than going into a cross ankle/knee release, or just sitting back up. Any ideas? Thanks

firebird replied 10 years, 3 months ago 13 Members · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • Runemist34

February 9, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I don’t have any suggestions, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely be watching this thread for ideas 😉

• pr1nc3ss

February 9, 2014 at 11:34 pm

wrist sit or remi sit

• Palace

February 9, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Depending on skill level….maybe reverse inverted thigh hold into a forearm stand or handstand out.

• Leeloo

February 10, 2014 at 6:27 am

Janeiro and variations

• Krista Bocko

February 10, 2014 at 6:29 am

brass monkey?

• BonnieAndClyde

February 10, 2014 at 11:57 am

You could slide down and go into an aysha or do caterpillar back up the pole. If your that advanced you could slode down into a diva dive!! Fun

• sassylina

February 10, 2014 at 12:49 pm

@Bonnie: How do you go into an ayesha from advanced plank. wouldn you have to turn your whole body to get it in the correct position?

• BonnieAndClyde

February 10, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Yes you do have to turn your body. If you slide your hand down that is supporting you (kind of backwards) from your plank and turn your body towards the pole, you will be in a position to attempt ayesha. You will be gripping as you would when doing caterpillar up the pole.

• Lina Spiralyne

February 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Bonnie: Have you tried that transition into Aysha?

• sassylina

February 10, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Bonnie: when you side you hand down you still would have to switch the legs to the other side. because in plank your knees are facing up, in caterpillar and ayesha they would be facing down. That means when twisting into and ayesha you should get your legs of the pole before you can even twist. Just trying to imagine here how to do that without falling down. Do you have a video with that transition?

• polergirl

February 10, 2014 at 8:56 pm

You can take plank down into a full layback, then to EG/SG/TG aysha — doesn’t take a LOT of flexibility or I wouldn’t be able to do it lol. Basically you twist your body like you’re going into a brass monkey from a layback, except you keep your legs straight and hold the pole at your ankles. Hands in position, twist your body, and off you go!

It’s my favorite way to get into an aysha because it’s unexpected and looks sort of like magic. 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Polergirl do you have video, it sounds really cool!

• pr1nc3ss

February 10, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I have seen the move into ayesha called the twizzler. Here is another combo starting at 1:20 with the plank into dove or crescent then ayesha http://youtu.be/1zp3T0JTFLs

• polergirl

February 10, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I will record tomorrow. 🙂

• polergirl

February 10, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Wait, I take that back. I did have a vid–it is an early early attempt but it’s easy to see what I’m doing. 🙂 I’ll post it now.

Page 1 of 2