StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The Public is getting worked up again …

• PinkPony

August 17, 2014 at 10:35 pm

The public’s view of strippers is the public’s problem. Most people don’t even know why they believe many of the things they believe. If questioned, they cannot explain. I am still waiting to hear the logical explanation that reveals exactly why a woman’s value is directly related to her number of sexual partners or how much she covers/reveals her body.
    Exotic dance is like any other profession in many senses. Whoever you already are, that’s who you will be as a dancer. The girls I knew who were doing “extra” things in the club were promiscuous before they were ever dancers. That’s who they were. My more conservative friends who danced didn’t suddenly become drug users or promiscuous after they started dancing. That’s not who they were.
    What’s so sick is that the mainstream thinks it’s any of their business what a woman does with her body. This is basically treating us like we are not adults. No one ever looks at a male stripper and says, “Oh, wow, he must have had poor upbringing! He must have no self esteem! He is being exploited!” He is a male owning his sexuality and we expect as much in our culture.
    Don’t let mainstream ignorance dictate anything in your life.

Page 2 of 2