StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Star Stand Alone For Sale

• monica kay

November 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm

i own a new design star stand alone (the pole extensions do not screw together)
    i LOVE it bc static to spinny is very very easy with pin removal.
    I have never had any problems with it. Putting it together is so easy and the stage pieces fit snuggly together with no unsafe gaps.

HOWEVER- while I have never tipped the base, I do believe it is possible for it to tip with enough force. (as seen in veena’s video. that other video with the two girls leaning out on the SSA and showing it could not tip, i sincerely believe they were trying to not tip it)
    I have danced on an X-stage for performances and love it as well. Because of the leg extensions on an X-stage, I believe that pole would probably never tip. The leg extensions, while ensuring safety, do present a problem if you are in a dark room performing for a crowd and can possible stub your toe or trip (omg and in heels… woah- you can imagine) Those leg extensions hurt!

I do not feel as though I will ever tip my SSA- I am not a reckless poler. I don’t spin out of control. I know what I’m doing. I’ve done spins at the very tip top of the pole and the pole never tipped and no part of the base ever left the earth. If some drunk people try spinning on my pole and they throw their bodies on it, they may tip the whole thing over, but I would never allow that scenario to happen. 🙂 No one messes with my pole unless they are a serious poler.

So, to summarize, I think my SSA pole is safe and I enjoy not having leg extensions.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 5, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Just want to stress, because it seems to be a common belief. You do not have to extend the legs. With the legs not extended the pole has the same base size as the Platinum stages, if however you need the extra stability its nice to know that you can extend the legs.

• chemgoddess1

November 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm

If you are on the tall side I would not suggest an SSA.

On a side note, this was an interview with Sheila Kelley last year. She had both poles on stage during the interview. First off, notice all of the stuff they stuck under the SSA base to level it and make it so it does not slide. Second, look at the height out of the box of the poles, and lastly, look at the movement of each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4RSGCr5rg

• Legs4Days

November 5, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I agree with Katana!! I really love my pole too and I bought the tallest extension altho xpole is a little taller. It was easy to assemble after the first attempt! It is very sturdy and has not raised up,but yes, I think with enuf force it mite….
    I have never tried xstage lite and would like to out of curiosity but I am happy with PS. Customer service was outstanding.

• Legs4Days

November 5, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Oh and mine is the one with ezconnect that will not unscrew….just like Katana’s I believe.

• StephiiP

November 6, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I’ve had my star stand alone for two months and love it. Well built and stable. I setup in my spare bedroom and outside on a concrete slab. I have not had any fear of tipping or the pole disconnecting I’m 5’8 180lbs. Xpole is a great company as well. I have two traveling poles one 45 and one 50. Well built and reliable as well. I have not played on an xpole stage.

• Legs4Days

November 6, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Yes I saw the video with Shelia Kelley and all the stuff under the PS to level it. My guess is that maybe they didnt have the little stabliizers (they work like screws sort of ) all the way down hitting the floor. They all have to make contact with the floor or maybe the floor was uneven there? Not sure but mine doesnt give me any trouble like that. I did see that and wonder about it too.

• Legs4Days

November 6, 2013 at 7:17 pm

wondered

• X Pole Tech

November 8, 2013 at 4:24 am

X-Stage was designed to be as flexible as possible. X-Pole market survey 100% demanded the highest pole possible and 3m (10′) was the minimum height requested. We met that request and the X-Stage can be used as it is for anything less than ‘Extreme’ moves as it is.

The extending legs were added as an additional feature so if ‘Extreme’ moves or large guys (like Nick Judd) were using the X-Stage it could be used without additional weight.

What everyone seems to forget when discussing stages is that the Width/Diameter to Height to Weight ratio are factors that cannot be got away from. The lighter the stage or higher the pole the more diameter or weight are needed to ensure stability. It is not possible to have a very light stage that has a high pole which is not very wide etc. – Unless of course it is fixed to the floor or has additional weight added to increase its overall weight!

X-Pole’s solution, to give as much flexibility as possible, was to add the extending legs as an option to use if necessary (they are free and come with it!). X-Stages are as stable as or more stable than any other circular stage (of a similar diameter) in today’ market without the legs extended!!

Also X-Stage has weight posts so that addition Dumb Bell weights can be added to the Standard X-Stage if the legs cannot be used – such as for competitions.

As it is difficult to add weight to the X-Stage Lite, X-Pole has recently released Stage Weight Plates (Set if 3 pcs) that can be used on ‘All’ X-Stages (Standard and Lite). These fit to the bottom of the main frame, inside the stage perimeter, so that additional weight, either as sand bags or weights, can be added quickly and easily.

Once again these Weight Plates make the X-Stage the most flexible product on the market today.

We hope this helps and should you need any more information please contact your local X-Pole office.

Best Regards
    X-Pole Tech Team

• Charley

November 8, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I love you x-pole tech! I’ve used weights on my lite before. Very easy. I’m happy to hear about the stage specific weights and will get them.

Also you can buy a shorter pole piece and use it in a house. I did that so I could practice on it. I think the extension was only $30 and if your order it with the stage they will
    Pack it and thus saves shipping on it.

• Tara

November 19, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Charley, are you still selling this? I’d love to chat and possibly buy it. Please give me a call/text 917-287-7527.

• opielee

November 20, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Is this a 38,40,or 50mm pole diameter?

• TMTC429

September 13, 2016 at 7:47 am

Is the pole still available? I’m very interested in purchasing it for my daughter. We have one in our workout room At home and she is away at college. She competed last year and the year before at COTAC. She won last year. You can see her performances on Vemeo. Google Lyndi Cochran and Bendy Lyndi.
    Thanks!
    TMTC

Page 2 of 2