StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Star Stand Alone For Sale

• Star Stand Alone For Sale

Posted by Charley on April 3, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I'm selling my SSA – I'm asking $400 or best offer.  Will ship – I still have the original boxes however shipping will be pretty expensive.

This stage is barely used.  If you do need it shipped make me an offer and we can work something out.

TMTC429 replied 7 years, 8 months ago 14 Members · 28 Replies
  • 28 Replies
  • LiveOnceMuseFitness

April 4, 2011 at 6:10 am

Hi CHarley,

can I ask why you are selling it?  Im looking for another stage, but not sure if this one or the xpole stage lite is better?

thoughts?

Elisabeth

• Charley

April 4, 2011 at 7:47 am

Elizabeth – I really don't think the SSA is a good pole for  professional use.  The extensions screw together so that means left handed spins will unscrew the threading.  I have extensions for it and used it for one show and the top extension came unscrwed while I was in a cross knee release and I had to very gingerly get myself below the threading and then climb up and screw it back together.

PS has claimed the pole isn't stable above 8ft and a number of other things.  I hear they now have an EZconnect system instead of threading but it's not a free upgrade on the older models.  If I were you I would stick with X-pole.  I wish I had bought an X-stage Lite to begin with and am hoping some of the proceeds from this will go towards the X Lite.

I'm just selling it because inspite of the warnings there are people who do want this pole so I'm trying to take a fair prices and recoup my loss and take it as a lesson learned and buy a Lite.

• LiveOnceMuseFitness

April 4, 2011 at 7:49 am

THank you for your honesty.  I would be using it for performances, so it would probably work best for someone just working out at home practicing some tricks.

Hope things are good with you, take care,

E

• tezbuh

April 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm

i am interested in aquiring one of these.

is it dangerous for at home use?

and is it possible to upgrade to safe model from this older model?

• Charley

April 8, 2011 at 9:19 am

You can't upgrade as far as I know.

This pole has been sold and I'm on my way to an X-stage Lite.

• ItsEss

November 3, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I’m hoping to “bump” this thread. I am currently looking a stand alone/ stage pole. Preferably a 45 and I’m leaning towards Platimum Stages. I have a 45 sport that I would be willing to trade also. Mine is a 45 chrome X Sport (it does not spin). It’s barely used with all parts, including carrying case.

• Yuengling

November 4, 2013 at 10:29 am

You should look up studio veena youtube video on platinum stages and xpole side by side demo it’s very helpful

• Charley

November 4, 2013 at 3:35 pm

They’ve redone this pole a couple times now, I am not sure if its better than the original model I had or not. If you want a cheap stand alone for expos where you will be doing mostly beginner things I recommend this pole but if you are doing big tricks or performances I really highly encourage you to get the x stage. I love my x stage a fully trust it. It’s be through hundreds of performers and stood up!

• ItsEss

November 5, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Thanks Charly, I want to be able to crazy tricks and lots of combos, photoshoots, practice, you name! I want to get my money’s worth. The only reason I was leaning towards PS b/c of the review that was on Youtube. With that being said, how is the stability of the pole in your opinion WITHOUT those extended feet sticking out?

• ItsEss

November 5, 2013 at 12:29 pm

*Charley ….sorry for the misspelling 🙂

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 5, 2013 at 12:30 pm

ItsEss we made this side by side demo for the two poles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYApdFKTewA

• Charley

November 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm

The video that sv did shows perfectly. From my experience and I’m 5’5 120ibs its pretty good. I do recommend weights for spinning mode as does X-pole. It also depends on your floor surface, mine is much better on carpet I’ve seen a light slide across a tile floor before without weights and without the feet extended. I really love the lite, I had the stand alone and it literally would slide around my basement. The xstage is much heavier and does not, with feet in.

• ItsEss

November 5, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Thank you all so much!! Webmaster and Yuengling I just saw the video! That was scary when it lifted right off the floor. Charley thanks again! I’m going to post a new thread looking for an X-stage. My other poles are Xpole but the legs was what was turning me off. But I think I’m going to have to go with safety! Thanks to all for the input!!!

• Charley

November 5, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The legs aren’t a big deal and I’ve used mine loads in the basement without the legs out. You will need them for spin but they pop in and out pretty easily. A freestanding pole without legs like that is much less stable and moves around a lot.

The stand alone is best used for studios on a budget that need something inexpensive to showcase basic things, they can also be great for party instructors if you buy the cart, then you don’t worry about ceiling height and it lighter than the x. But for a do it all pole stick with x-pole.

I know you’re looking for a used one to get a deal so keep an eye out for events, sometimes x-pole provides stage poles for special events and they sell them at a nice discount.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 5, 2013 at 1:18 pm

The thing about the leg extensions is that both poles allow you to operate without them. However the Platinum Stages pole doesn’t have the option of extending the legs for extra support so the leg extensions are all pro and no con.

Page 1 of 2