StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rigging for silks that attach to my pole

• LRu Studios

October 1, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I have used my mounting of FabPole on x-pole mounted to rigging at Pole Dance Universe in 2011. Also on platinum stage mounted and star stand alone. Smiles, Leesi

• LRu Studios

October 1, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Here is Joy on FabPole. She is new to this and this is her routine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwfMYA6_HQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Dancing Paws

October 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I just want to chime in that just becasue the rigging HAS been put on stages or friction based poles, that doesn't mean they should be.

• SashaMae

October 1, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Yeah. There is a lot of give there- looks a little scary. I have a terrible mental picture of that standalone snapping. I wouldn’t be comfortable unless it was a perm pole.

• Dancing Paws

October 1, 2012 at 12:31 pm

the flex in the stand alone and the xstage vids are a little scary!

• SashaMae

October 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I have an xstage and while I don’t mind the play- for some moves that require a lot of momentum and height, it can be a wee bit unnerving. I’m used to it now but I wouldn’t want to be high up and away from the pole on silks with that sway. No way, not never. Lol

• LRu Studios

October 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm

We started very slow on the stand alone. And still use it with exteme caution. Joy is a real tiny person too, which helps. (maybe 100lb) it may not work with someone else. I agree this is not the safest sport and everyone should be careful while doing any crazy sport. Smiles, Leesi
    but I think it is with even regular poling on stage poles and aerial in general. I tend to get nervous about it all.

• vickiezoo

October 1, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I have used it on removeable x poles it was fine.

• JBStarryEyedGirl

October 3, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I am super interested in getting a pole aria! I spoke with Randy at Lil Mynx who told me not to use it on a stage.. however.. after seeing and hearing the comments here I am definitely tempted to try… I would also agree that silks is much more dangerous than pole, and silks + pole = even more dangerous. (This is not something I would recommend a new poler to try) But it's beautiful to watch, and the fact that I can fuse aerial with pole brings me lots of joy! 

I have a star stand alone, and I just bought 2 lil mynx poles to install in my basement so once I get situated I'll have to order it and try it on the mounted poles first. 

*Side note here* Lil Mynx will be releasing a new converter kit for their non spinning poles, so you can make them rotators!! Exciting, and I'll be waiting to pick up a set!

• JBStarryEyedGirl

October 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I had the opportunity to meet up with Leesi last week and try a private fab pole class! It was amazing, if anyone goes to Denver check her studio out. Many thanks for a fun time, sorry I couldn’t make it back for tippy Lyra! Maybe my next trip 🙂

I’ll definetly be setting up my own fab pole when I get home. I will post some pics and video from my class when I get back to St Louis.

• LRu Studios

October 13, 2012 at 10:02 am

It was a pleasure meeting you and playing on FabPole with you. I look forward to seeing your progress and play time. Keep smiling and I will see you soon, someday! Smiles, Leesi

• Dancing Paws

October 13, 2012 at 11:17 am

Jb- talk to Keith @ ps. He insists it not be used on their poles unless they are permanent. He was really quite insistent on it.

• LRu Studios

October 13, 2012 at 11:30 am

Hi all FabPole ladies and men.
    I will be in Norman, Oklahoma teaching FabPole and an Aerial Workshop on November 9th @ PoleZone. I am also available for private lessons.
    Please contact them for registration information.
    1413 24th Ave SW Norman, OK 73072
    studio # 405.669.9685

• JBStarryEyedGirl

February 25, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this product works, especially to see how it attaches safely. Please keep me updated! I have silks rigged up in my basement, and I have been practicing by setting my stage pole under them. I'll have to clean up my basement and take some video this week. But for anyone who wants to see what Leesi's fabpole is like, here is the YT link to my lesson with her last year. 

http://youtu.be/IdUeh_tqrSE

• Suemaz Polesilks

April 9, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Polesilks™ is now available to purchase!!  Demonstrated beautifully by Leesi Ruskaup at the  Oklahoma Pole Competition 🙂   Polesilks™ has been stress tested and carries a certifcate of proof.   I have used it on a fixed pole, stage pole and a friction mounted pole.  The beauty of this product is that it allows you to use the silks with the pole without having to have vast experience of either and try out new tricks/skills  http://www.poleplus.co.uk or http://www.polesilks.com  and also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/Polesilks?fref=ts

Page 3 of 5