StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rigging for silks that attach to my pole

• Pammie Cameron

September 26, 2012 at 4:13 am

Fab girlies you the best xxx

• Elektra Vallens

September 26, 2012 at 4:33 am

Yes, please guys be safe.  Don't just attach this thing to any pole.  Also, consider the fact that you can only do the kind of silks represented in the video at the top of the thread (which is cool, but kind of limited); the pole is in the way too much to do most of what you would do with silks.  Finally, silks are not pole, it is best learned in a studio with a trained instructor- there are just too many things that can go wrong trying to practice at home by yourself.

I know, I know I'm a sucky killjoy, but it really worries me that so many people on this site want to start doing silks at home the way they pole at home, and it's just not the same.

• LRu Studios

September 26, 2012 at 8:16 am

Hello future FabPolers. I put this apparatus together in 2011 for Pole Dance Universe.
    I offer workshops in FabPole and am happy to travel to other states. I will be offering a FabPole workshop in Denver in November if you are in that area. (exact date TBA)
    I don't know if I can get to the UK Pammie, sorry.
    Your rigging depends on your pole and how it is mounted. I don't think I would perform this on a tension only pole but it may work.
    I had a student performed this on a old version star stand alone pole too without any injuries to her or the audience.
    You do need to be careful to not hit the pole with your head. Everything else that you hit the pole with will just bruise nicely, I assume, but your head may crack?
    I do not know much about LM poles or tier equipment.
    It is fun, there are many great moves that can be performed and it is very pretty.
    Smiles, Leesi

• Charley

September 27, 2012 at 9:48 am

Leesi – it is usable/safe with a stage pole????  It look slike it just clamps onto the pole so I would assume the pole would have to be perm mounted or somehow free standing?

• Dirty Girl POLEtice

September 27, 2012 at 10:07 am

Pole companies will tell you for legal reasons to not to use it with a stage pole.  It can be done, Cat did it at the pole expo.  However, there is a lot of torque on it.  When her and I were going over what she was going to do, there were a few things that I told her that it would be too much torque on the middle where the pole meets or too much pull on the top where it clamps on.  So there were some things that she didn't get to do.  Some tricks you'd need to make sure that your hands are all the way at the base of the pole, like when you are full extended out.

vid of her at the expo..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwXP2Q_31xk

• Charley

September 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

When you say torque – do you mean as in spinning to fast and breaking pole?  That kind of thing?  I'm very interested in getting this but I want to make sure it would work.  The routine is gorgeous, btw!  Is it possible to use this with X-poles that are not anchored?  Perhaps if you were not using spin mode?

• Dancing Paws

September 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

by clamping the thing at the top, you are basically making the device a fulcrum and lever. Work is drastically decreased to pull with a fulcrum and lever, and the force increases dramatically. Putting all that force at the top of the pole puts a lot of pressure on it and can a) snap it with a stage pole, or b) pull it down with a friction based pole.

• Dirty Girl POLEtice

September 27, 2012 at 10:42 am

^yes exactly what sensual said. 

as for the routine, that was all Cat!  I was just looking at her videos discussing what I felt were safe and could be done on a stage pole.  She actually at that point had never used a stage for it!  Her doing that was VERY last minute, so she had to come up with something quick!

• LRu Studios

September 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

Hello Charley, I have used my style of rigging on a stage pole. (old star stand alone) I have not tested it on a tention pole. I do not use the Lm mounting system. Smiles, Leesi

• vickiezoo

September 29, 2012 at 7:45 am

Cat is in UK currently and i had a play with her and her PoleAria last night, it was rigged to x poles top loaders. ÃŒts fab, she showed me some moves and we got some pretty pictures of poses like x ankle release with silks laying across body. Will share later, does anyone know if lil minx are selling the silks as part of the package or just fittings, am gonna have it for christmas 🙂

• Lyme Lyte

September 29, 2012 at 8:41 am

Lm is selling the fabric too. 179.00…..

• vickiezoo

September 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Does the fabric and fittings come together for that price? i hope so..

• Lyme Lyte

September 29, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I beleieve so, someone posted a link above….

• SashaMae

October 1, 2012 at 10:52 am

So bummed…I wanted it badly!!!!! Boo 🙁

• LilMynx

October 1, 2012 at 11:44 am

Great to see some discussion regarding Pole Aria!

I think there may be a little confusion about friction only vs. poles with a pressure system that utiilize a bolt in mount, such as the Lil' Mynx. Pole Aria should not be used when the pole does not have some sort of bolt going into the ceiling. Additional security is needed as there will be additional loads at the top of the pole that regular pole dancing does not create. I am told that both x-pole as well as platinum stages have bolt in mounts available. We are not trying to force Lil' Mynx poles on anybody. We think this is a very beautiful addition to pole and want everybody to have the opportunity to enjoy it. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

phone 559-346-1900 or email mailto:lizz@lilmynx.com.

Page 2 of 5