StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions PLEASE HELP!! Possible Fraud at Expo! Anyone remember the location of Phat Buddha’s stand? I need to know!

• Lee lee

September 16, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I’m by no means an expert with this, but my understanding is that it would be similar to a company doing a refund on a closed bank account. Can I suggest that if it doesn’t show up on your account, call this person that you’ve been speaking to and ask for an email address? My worry for you is that right now you don’t have anything in writing proving your accepted request for a refund. It would also be helpful to make sure you have a copy of the charge on your statement.

I would love to give this company the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they were so small that they just weren’t prepared for Expo, but I don’t know…

(Thanks for keeping us updated BTW!)

• Webmaster

Administrator
    September 16, 2014 at 9:48 pm

A credit card number is distinctly different than the credit card account. Think of the card number as an alias for the account. The card number is a valid way to credit your account (put money into the account) indefinitely, but becomes closed to debits (withdrawing money from the account) when the card is cancelled or expires.

In short they will still be able to refund the money to the account. They simply would not be able to draw anything further from the account.

• CrazyKosters

September 16, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Thanks for the info Webby! I do have the text if that would make a difference.. They are a big company or well known i should say so hopefully everything works out. I am going to see what happens tomorrow and still contact my bank to say they are refunding So there is no extra work or investigation being done. I will update when the money comes through 🙂

• Vdub

September 17, 2014 at 7:50 pm

I’ve had money refunded on a cancelled credit card before after the Target debacle (my bank cancelled my card). So you should be okay there. If it turns out that the vendor is sketchy and/or isn’t handling the situation properly then you might want to contact Fawnia. She’s awesome about listening to feedback and would probably want to know so she can decide whether to invite them back next year. Good luck!

• CrazyKosters

September 17, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Money still hasn’t been transferred to my account. I never got a chance to talk to my bank or them today, Ive been sick and didn’t call in time. I’m hoping everything works out and know it will be fixed but if not…I will def let Fawnia know and keep the fraud charge against them. I just don’t get why they couldn’t get this figured out with my bank, professionally. Instead of having me worried and having to do more because of their mistake..

• Cherished

September 17, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Wow I feel frustrated for you CK!!
    I am crossing my fingers that they get it together and resolve this already.

• Anonyma

September 17, 2014 at 11:49 pm

at this point they should give you a free outfit for all the trouble youve been throught…. if they re not… they suck

• CrazyKosters

October 1, 2014 at 12:10 am

So I finally got the money refunded and they took $20 off the price of the outfit so half off. I am just glad it’s over. As far as the cell phone thing and hard to get a hold of, the last person i talked to said they were pretty small and do a lot of work from their personal phones. I don’t think they have any departments so to speak, it is just a few people I believe. So I got my money back and got a discount so it all worked out and I would buy from them again, I love the outfit, but I would use cash lol

• Veena

Administrator
    October 1, 2014 at 12:31 am

Thank you for the update!!

Page 3 of 3