StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Opinions on Rihanna’s Pour it up (Explicit) video

• chemgoddess1

October 7, 2013 at 5:30 am

She WAS impressed….listen to her in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_TH6_H7PA

• Krissykiki

October 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I liked the dancing, pole and water twerking (cause it was awesome) but I didn't really get into the song so that kinda took away from it for me. Some talented dancers were in there for sure though!

• Carrington

October 7, 2013 at 3:31 pm

@ Mummy of 3 ..hahaha I know right! LMAO

• sexyladymyisha4454

October 7, 2013 at 4:31 pm

i loved the video.ri ri was looking very sexy and nicole the pole williams did a wonderful job.

• sexyladymyisha4454

October 7, 2013 at 4:34 pm

they are not strippers ,nicole the pole williams has her own dance studio in california

• sexyladymyisha4454

they are not strippers ,nicole the pole williams has her own dance studio in california

• sexyladymyisha4454

• sexyladymyisha4454

• sexyladymyisha4454

• AriFerrari

October 7, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I'm slightly confused at who is being blamed here for this so-called "step back" in the presentation of pole dancing? Neither Rihanna, the video director, or filming crew really owe anything to the pole community. The pole dancers in this video auditioned and chose to dance in a video ABOUT strippers and strip clubs. The pole dancers are the ones who chose to represent themselves and their pole dancing in this way. However, I'm not bashing them either. In fact, I don't really understand how this new division  between the "stripper style" dancing and what I call the "olympic ambitious" style in our own community isn't just as counterproductive as the stigma we receive from outsiders.

Pole dancers borrow stripper moves, strippers borrow pole fitness tricks, and some strippers are pole dancers or vice versa. Does this mean strippers are suddenly banned from dancing on poles LIKE strippers because we've made a sport of it? I mean, isn't that kind of silly considering the origination of our apparatus?

• nilla

October 30, 2013 at 10:30 pm

At least one part of Rihanna’s “Pour it Up” video is seared into my memory forever: DENIM THONG

• Pssst Little Kitty

November 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm

FACTS : Pole dancing is a great sport. Pole can be a sexy sport. Strippers are ok, to each his own. And, rihannas video is disgusting.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 5, 2013 at 3:55 pm

wow, I had to watch it again to see what disgusted you. haha! I guess I’m de-sensitized to all the sexuality in the video. I’m just curious as to what you were offended by. I’m not saying you have to like it, but “disgusted” seems to be a strong statement. You say pole dancing is a great sport and can be a sexy sport. so I’m wondering if this video is pushing pole beyond what you consider to be a sport? or was it rhianna’s booty shaking in her denim thong. just curious, dont feel like you have to defend your answer because you don’t. I was just wondering what you were thinking.

• Laura KittyCat

November 5, 2013 at 7:16 pm

It is a song about making money as a stripper, so I dont understand how so many are disgusted or flabbergasted at the content of the video. I thought it was a reasonably artistic interpretation of what one might find at a night club…. Frankly I was more nauseated at Miley’s performance and so called twerking… I threw up in my mouth a lil bit on that one… To each their own, we know who we are and why we pole, and that’s that. While we sit here demanding people think of pole with an open mind its a little hypocritical to criticize some one else’s take on stripping or pole dance. If we want people to be open minded and non-judgmental, we should at least hold ourselves to our own standards, right?

• nilla

November 5, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I can’t speak for Little Kitty on what disgusted her about the music video, but I don’t think finding something disgusting or being turned off by something necessarily signifies judgement. If you can be nauseated at Miley’s performance without being considered closed-minded or judgmental, why couldn’t a person feel the same way about Rihanna’s “Pour it Up” video? Taking such a stylized approach, dripping with sexuality, carries a risk with it: the risk that not everyone will have your same idea of what’s “sexy”.

If I walked in on my parents “pouring it up” I’d probably have about the same reaction that I have seeing Rihanna’s “pour it up” video. Not only am I not that into it, but because it’s so targeted at being sexy in a way that I don’t find all that sexy, then it actually grosses me out a little. Would I be judging my parents if I walked in on them? No. Would I be closed minded because I don’t agree with someone else’s idea of sexy? No.

Page 3 of 5