StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions OMG! My X Pole just SLIPPED!!!!!

• plumtwisty

June 8, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I have never had my x-pole slip! One trick that I use is a pencil half-circle traced right along the edge of my cieling plate, on my cieling. I make sure the pencil mark is perfectly lined up before/while I pole to make sure the pole hasn’t shifted out of place (ie. it hasn’t loosened)! 🙂

• Tara

December 1, 2012 at 3:43 am

My pole fell tonight as I was in a twisted ballerina spin! Very painful, but kinda funny… I was wrapped around the pole so tight, and spinning so fast, I couldn’t comprehend what was happening, then could not unravel myself (when I figured out I was falling). The pole landed on top of me 🙁

• villainvixen

December 1, 2012 at 4:04 am

That happened to me recently. No pain thankfully, but it was pretty funny. Turns out I didn't secure the ceiling mount very well. 

• Krista Bocko

December 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

Oh Tara, yikes!! Mine has slipped. Mine has come down. I would love to permanently mount it if possible. It's so tricky…xpole says most people acutally overtighten the poles but dang…how do you know when it's just tight enough?! 

I've also drawn a circle on the ceiling around the mount. Will be interesting to list this house sometime and have people potentially gaze at the ceiling and wonder why there's a big circle.

• monica kay

December 1, 2012 at 9:45 am

sparrow: tell them its a mural of the full moon… 😀 haha… maybe they will think a famous artist did it

• luvlee

December 1, 2012 at 11:55 am

Idk if you all are on carpet or hard floor but when you first out them up in carpet they adjust and compress it down and it gets loose. Once you tighten it again it shouldn’t happen. On hard floor I would say just do it tighter if it is falling.

• SimpllySweet

December 1, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I cute a peice of 3/4 inch plywood and screwed it into my ceiling.  The dome fits right over it and covers it.  If your pole slips the plywood will "catch" the pole and keep it from falling on down.  In one of my earlier videos here on sv I show it.

• blondemd

December 2, 2012 at 12:22 am

I had one of the older X poles (not w the X joint, but the kind that attached by screwing the threaded bolt together). When it was on carpet it fell on me, twice, two different gashes on my wall, thankfully none on me! I tightened it all the tine but the carpet pad was so thick I just couldn’t get it right I guess . It eventually broke when two grown men decided to fly around it like a merry-go-round at a party 🙁 Now I have a lil mynx, and a wood floor, lol. I think x poles are great though, I will probably eventually get another one w the optional permanent ceiling mount lol

• Legs4Days

May 7, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I know this is an old thread but I may get an xpole. So if u overtighten it may crack ceilings but if you do not tighten enuf it may fall? That's scary. Some of you said u gave it the gorilla shake and it didnt budge but it fell anyway?? I see a lot of gals on here on their xpoles inverting and doing all kinds of cool stuff and their poles stay put. How do u really know when it's safe to use then? 

• Dancing Paws

May 7, 2013 at 10:54 pm

There is quite a window between undertighteining and overtightening, so don't worry. Also, your ceilings will settle after it is installed, so you have to check it's secure before each use. X poles have a base that articulates, which helps the dome re-catch is it slips.

• cello33dolly1119

December 17, 2020 at 4:37 am

Yeah it happened to me today. i was doing a fireman spin and boom, the pole slips and falls, with me falling to the ground. I am okay, juts scared the hell outta me! It is an Xpole Sport static pole. It has held in place for 7 months now, but from now on, once I get it remounted, I will check it regularly!

• quancutie23

December 17, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Happen to me once to. I was able to catch myself it is scary

• monica kay

December 19, 2020 at 6:52 pm

i’m always paranoid my pole is going to fall but it never has. i went ahead and had a ceiling mount installed a few weeks ago (bc of covid… i might as well- i’m not going anywhere anytime soon) and i must say- all my anxiety over whether my pole is truly secure or not is gone

Page 4 of 4