StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions OMG! My X Pole just SLIPPED!!!!!

• Lyme Lyte

October 10, 2011 at 10:04 am

Mine moved many times. So frustrated I got to the point that I had my hubby screw through the top cone/plate right into the studs. Two 6″ screws did the trick! And it doesn’t budge! Even when my 200 lbs son comes over after some drinks and runs and jumps on the thing!

• nymphdancer

October 10, 2011 at 11:42 am

couple of years ago my mynx came down with me, almost took out the tv. it had shredded the ceiling and beam. I have it mounted now with a piece of wood, then ceiling, then beam its soild but i also rarely use  it since I have my x. the first time i put the x pole up I pulled it down too because I didn't have it up right.

• Lyme Lyte

October 10, 2011 at 11:59 am

Great suggestion to mount LM to piece os extra wood. Will do that too!

• kklove

October 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Oh yes the pole can come down anytime esp if its hit in the right spot.  I was doing a poleparty one day and a lady did a fast prance and jumped on the pole (which i told them all to NOT do) and the pole came right down. thank goodness i was behind her to catch it with onehand #ssssssave 🙂 hahaha

• Lyme Lyte

October 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I fianally screwed through my top dome  with two screws (opposite of each other) and  went right into the joist above.  My pole hasn't slipped one not even with an adult man playing on it.  I posted a picture under my profile for those of you who asked me how I did it (on another forum).  So check it out.  I am so glad I did it!  Trust it 100% now.

• Dancing Paws

October 14, 2011 at 10:11 pm

X pole sells permanent mounts for the x perts. I cannot use them since I have an apartment and cannot drill into studs.

• Lyme Lyte

October 14, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Oh that is good to know you can make them permanant. Even if i lived in an apartment i would drill a hole. Nothing a finger full of drywall compound and a dab of white paint couldnt fix. Thats what we will be doing someday if we sell our condo.

• poledancekitten2000

October 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

My pole came down on me yesterday while I was doing a fireman spin. It came out of the base.  Ive had it for about a month and never retighned it after practices.  I will NEVER do that again.

• Dancing Paws

October 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

The base huh? Mine slipped at the dome, but I have a pretty smooth ceiling, so that might be why.

• nymphdancer

October 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

smooth ceiling shouldn't matter if it is put up correctly. Empy uses x poles in her studio and her ceiling is laminate flooring which is very smooth I have helped her with her pole set up a couple of times and love the attention to detail of how each pole is put up she uses.

• NickyNak

June 6, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Mine's had never slipped, but maybe because I had it that tight to my ceiling at my mums that it wasn't going anywhere lol. It actually locked, so when it was time to take it down to move, the whole pole was completely solid and there was no anscrewing it at all, I had to buy these unlock tools from ebay and thankfully they worked lol 

• ShonaLancs

June 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

Yeah my pole slipped when I first put it up-I was scared of breaking my ceiling so didn’t tighten enough. Also had poles at studio I go to that are fixed permanently to the ceiling slip on my from the bottom lol! I was stretching using pole and ended up on my bum with the pole still in my hands!

• bre123

June 7, 2012 at 3:17 pm

what exactly should you do to check it? I just ordered a pole on this site and i want to know exactly what to do. I live in an apartment and can't afford to have any major accidents

• Dancing Paws

June 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm

test it with the gorilla shake. If it doesn't budge, do a fireman or some easy spin to double check it's stability.

• bre123

June 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm

thank you good to know. When i get my pole I'll probubly be installing it myself . I will be sure to do that before i jump on

Page 3 of 4