StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions OMG! My X Pole just SLIPPED!!!!!

• SadieNikole

June 1, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Mine has slipped n fell to the floor.

• Adriibabii

June 3, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Yea,  ive had mine slip all the way to the floor as well lol and yes it does scare the crap outta you!!! I fell and i knew i was okay but I was just worried about it hitting something important but everything was alright, turns out it wasn't completely straight it was a little crooked when i set it up so when I did an attitude spin I guess my weight pulled it even more outta place. Needless to say I now check the pole constantly!

• mrsbaybeegurl

June 4, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Yup, it’s happened to me lots of times, mostly because I have thick Capet and I think as the pile of the rug starts to flatten it gives slightly more room, plus my ceiling gives a lil flex so eventually it needs re tightening after some time. I don’t normally check it every time I pole, and it really only gives way after a month straight of poling, but one thing I truly admire about the x pole design is that when it slips it is designed to shift into another position by gripping the ceiling and remounting mid fall so it never fully falls all the way over! It might be crooked and you may lose balance but it shouldn’t ever slip and tumble down. But I’ll agree it def scares the poo outta ya when it shifts and your on it, not fun! Lol

• mrsbaybeegurl

June 4, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Yup, it’s happened to me lots of times, mostly because I have thick Capet and I think as the pile of the rug starts to flatten it gives slightly more room, plus my ceiling gives a lil flex so eventually it needs re tightening after some time. I don’t normally check it every time I pole, and it really only gives way after a month straight of poling, but one thing I truly admire about the x pole design is that when it slips it is designed to shift into another position by gripping the ceiling and remounting mid fall so it never fully falls all the way over! It might be crooked and you may lose balance but it shouldn’t ever slip and tumble down. But I’ll agree it def scares the poo outta ya when it shifts and your on it, not fun! Lol

• Dancing Paws

October 9, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I am reopening this thread because mine just slipped on me today! After a year of owning my x pole, this is the first time it slipped on me. I even checked it beore getting on the darn thing! I had been overtightening my pole, so I tightened it according to x poles instructions. It was all good the first time I spun on it, a few days ago, but I guess it had time to settle or something. It scared me! Haha!

• LopsiJulie

October 9, 2011 at 6:08 pm

glad to know you are ok though.  🙂

• LovesIt

October 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Mine slipped on me the other day! I have a LM and decided to try out the spin mode…I'm just glad I have quick reflexes and caught us both!

• Dancing Paws

October 9, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I didn't know LM's could slip. Wow. Crazy!

• AliciaPolerina

October 9, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Yup this happened at the studio today while me and a co worker were practicing by ourselves (thank god not during a class!) On a little mynx pole. Thankfully she was just doing a fireman spin and wasnt hurt but it scared the crap out of us! Check poles regularly!

• Fallen Angel

October 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Same thing happened to me a few months back… I went crashing to the ground and the pole missed the window by about 2 inches!!

I always check now 🙂

• Danielle Tillie

October 9, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I had mine slip and fall on top of me! Luckily, it fell in such a way that it didn't hit anything and didn't hurt me either. It was a foot away from the TV on one side, and a few feet from a wall on the other, landing perfectly into the entrance to the next room. Whew! Since then I do check the tightness of my X-pole carefully. At the time though I was putting it up and taking it down every practice. I was nervous of over-tightening and managed to overcompensate the other way!

• Hazi411

October 10, 2011 at 7:04 am

My x-pole slipped a while back – the ceiling end of it shifted several inches whilst I was doing a spin.  I usually test mine before every time I use it, but only by tugging on it a few times!

• Dancing Paws

October 10, 2011 at 8:56 am

I did the gorilla shake that x pole tells you to do and it seemed file, so I did a spin…it so wasn't fine! :/

• amy

October 10, 2011 at 9:29 am

i've brought down an xpole that SEEMED perfectly stable, by doing a corkscrew spin on spinny mode– and also brought down a permanently mounted PS pole by doing a corkscrew spin! not scary at all when it was happening (both times) but if you really want to freak out the polers around you, pulling a pole down is a great way to do it!

• Yogini

October 10, 2011 at 9:33 am

A few weeks back, I had a friend over and I was going to teach her some basic spins. Just after I was done telling her how safe the x-pole is, I did a spin and the whole pole fell over. I landed almost on top of her. Thank GOD I missed the flat screen!!!  Turns out, I had forgotten how to tighten the pole after putting it up (it had been down for a few weeks). Basically, my spin unscrewed it and it lost tension. There's a mistake I'll only make once!! 

Page 2 of 4