StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions January IG challenge 2018

• StrangeFox

January 16, 2018 at 1:56 am

YES! I was wanting to up my repertoire of grounded moves. Sometimes I find myself standing there not quite sure what to do when I freestyle so its good to have some go-to moves. Looking forward to this!

I LOVE your outfit! The bottoms are super sexy!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2018 at 4:55 am

Posting this as it goes along with my Body Wave IG post tomorrow! https://www.facebook.com/studioveenacom/videos/10155575805454442/

• Veena

Administrator
    January 29, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Thank you to everyone who participated this month!! I really enjoyed watching as many entries as I could. The winners will be announced on IG tonight!!!!!!!!!!! Then it’s on to FEBRUARY!

• LatinPoler

January 29, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Thanks for the challenge Veena! Most IG challenges are about tricks, sometimes the crazier the better… yours was different, with focus on movement and dance and accesible for all levels. Tricks alone don’t speak to me as loud as mesmerizing movement. I look forward to the February one.

• StrangeFox

January 29, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Thanks so much, Veena! This challenge has been a lot of fun and it has really taken me out of my comfort zone. I have never participated in an IG challenge before, but this has been such a positive experience I am definitely going to do more. I look forward to doing the February challenge. I pretty much exclusively practice tricks when I pole at home, but after this challenge I’ve been exploring more floor work and transitions. I’ve even started incorporating chair into my freestyles.

A few other polers I’m connected with on IG were inspired by the challenge and loved the idea of it…I’m going to see if I can get them to join in on the February challenge.

• Misti Hurrikane

January 29, 2018 at 10:49 pm

Yes, thank you @Veena! I had so much fun doing the challenge. It was my first challenge ever (I am pretty new to pole) and I really appreciated it being so welcoming and accessible, even to newbies like me. I especially appreciated your clear, helpful instructions, in both the teaching videos and the little demo vids on IG. I loved seeing everyone else’s videos and there are lots of dancers that I now recognize on sight, without even seeing their names. Fun!! Also, and maybe MOST important (kidding), I am inspired to dress up my living room pole studio now.

Page 3 of 3