StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions January IG challenge 2018

• LatinPoler

January 9, 2018 at 12:09 am

Just bumping this up, we need it handy!!!

• StrangeFox

January 10, 2018 at 2:08 am

Question Veena – on my earlier posts I added #januaryveenaflow but didn’t tag @studioveena @auraheels or @kupmykakez…do those posts still qualify for the challenge or should I go back and tag? I have been tagging in later posts. 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    January 10, 2018 at 3:42 am

It would be great if you could go back and tag…I check to see that everyone was tagged.😊

• StrangeFox

January 10, 2018 at 4:51 am

It was only the first 3 I hadn’t tagged you guys in so I went ahead and edited the description to add the tags. 🙂 Thanks so much!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 10, 2018 at 4:58 am

I saw …. because you tagged 😊😊😊😊yay🎉

• Misti Hurrikane

January 10, 2018 at 5:38 am

Alrighty, I have a newbie question. I have not done much chair work at all. Now that we are into the Chair Work week…is there a trick to keeping the darn chair from moving around? I am thinking it may just be that I need to develop some technique. Haha. But figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 10, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Have you watched the lessons that go with each move?

• Misti Hurrikane

January 10, 2018 at 9:29 pm

@Veena: Oh yeah, I watch all the videos. And practice! Except for Chair Shoulder Rest–I can’t find a video for that one. I just wish the chair legs were even a tiny bit sticky on (my very slick bamboo) floor. It is getting better. I practiced the “dismount” from Lying Chair Split today and I got to the point where the chair did not go flying away from me when I shifted onto the floor. It still moves, but less :-).

• Veena

Administrator
    January 10, 2018 at 10:31 pm

I see what you mean…. bamboo can be slick. I would put your chair on a yoga mat. 😊

• Veena

Administrator
    January 10, 2018 at 10:48 pm
  • Misti Hurrikane

January 10, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Yes, @Veena, I did that, and it helps a lot. But it looks so ugly. LOL. Over the weekend I think I will glue little pieces of mat to the feet of the chair. Thanks for the link, too.

• StrangeFox

January 11, 2018 at 5:46 am

I have laminate flooring in the room I’m doing this in and parquet in my other poling room, so my chair slides around a lot. I was actually waaaay too nervous to attempt a sexy layback on the chair (instead I got into a lying down position in a much sloppier, much safer way!) I had to take a lot of fan leg videos due to the chair scooting too much!

I am definitely going to try to put my chair on a yoga mat next time. Not sure why I didn’t think to do that! LOL!

• NettieMarie79

January 14, 2018 at 11:08 pm

I don’t have a single chair in my house. So was a little upset that I wasn’t able to participate this last week. But I should be good to roll with the rest of the challenge.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 15, 2018 at 7:24 pm

This week is all about grounded (standing) movements! It’s my favorite set, I love the music I found, the outfit and the slinky moves. I hope you all have fun with it too!

• Neesy118

January 15, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Yes, your whole outfit is super sexy! Looking forward to this week, chair week was tough for me

Page 2 of 3