StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is it wrong to prefer learning pole at home??

• Lina Spiralyne

September 14, 2013 at 5:47 am

I think that every time we prefer to do something on our own instead of in the company of others, we tend to feel that we are wrong. I hope it's the feeling of it that is wrong, not the need itself. 

Go for some home poling since that is obviously what you want right now. The worst that could happen is that you'll feel it was the wrong decision and then there is always the option to go back to the studio again I assume. If you had been a complete beginner then I would have recommended a studio in any case, but now you're not. And maybe you take the lessons on here? 

At the time when I still took classes I never did this continuously. I always took some time in between the courses to pole alone, since that's what I like best. Maybe the progress can sometimes be slower when you are alone an no one will watch and push you to learn new tricks, but it's not all about speed, it should be enjoyable as well!

• Pinkie Pip

September 14, 2013 at 7:14 am

I quite like poling at home – our group is quite a mixed bag and because i'm such a newbie I do feel a lil silly when everyones twirling like requested and I'm standing there thinking "whats THAT?"

I will continue to go once a week to a studio because I want to make sure I am doing each move correctly, (I know I miss something that improves my technique) so it might be worth popping in once in a while to polish up what you are doing

• Paula Floyd

September 14, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Not wrong at all. I love to pole at home. Have never been in a studio before and do not see it happening any time in the near future either. Getting to make my own schedule learn at my own pace having such fantastic outlets to learn from Ike studio veena !

• TLizzard

September 14, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Quirky girl…..where were u going in central fl? Just curious on which studio ( there r only a few). The one I went to just closed ….

• Quirkygrl16

September 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I plan to do the studio veena lessons for sure. First the 30 day take off and then getting a years subscription . I just feel I learn better when I can practice more than once a week and get a little more attention than at studios sometimes. My husband can watch lessons with me and tell me if it looks like something just isn’t quite right, and I can Skype with some of you ladies hopefully:)

• Veena

Administrator
    September 15, 2013 at 9:09 am

The 30 day take off IS included in the lessons when you buy. Once you purchase the lessons you have full access to EVERYTHING https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Mummyof3

September 15, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I’ve never been in a studio but am thinking about home tuition at the mo. there are things I feel I need a spotter for these days. The more advanced stuff takes courage to try alone. Veena did you home pole and learn alone?

• Marieke

September 15, 2013 at 4:07 pm

In my city there is a studio. I went there in the beginning, but I didn't like it. I didin't feel comfort with a lot of girls. I missed a lovely studio and instructor.

• CrazyKosters

September 15, 2013 at 6:57 pm

I went to a studio for the beginner six weeks series and one extra class after that. I prefer at home as well. I do plan on purchasing some private instructions soon though. I didn't have any problems with the studio but the price and then driving there was getting to me. There was always to many people in the classes also. When warming up we would do stretching and floor work type stuff but the instructor would have us close our eyes, dim the lights and blast the music. I could barely hear her and I wouldn't know how properly do something or would do it wrong and it made me feel like a jack ass. We would all be rolling around and would bump into each other and the poles because there wasn't room for everyone doing the things we would do, especially since we were supposed to close our eyes lol. I liked the studio and instructor but not the teaching style at all. I like to learn at my own pace and for some moves I progress quicker and others would prob take more time for me. If I can't get something down or feel like i need instruction or a spotter then I will purchase private lessons. To each their own!

• Quirkygrl16

September 15, 2013 at 7:29 pm

CrazyKosters, I can relate to almost everything you said!! I love the studio, but I just need more space and can afford it between classes and gas..

• CrazyKosters

September 15, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Yeah it adds up! Everyone on here talks about skyping and such but ive never done it yet. That could be an option to if you couldn't afford private lessons. I love learning from home 🙂

• Quirkygrl16

September 15, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I plan on doing the veena lessons but I think skyping will be fun too

Page 2 of 2