StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions If you don’t have our lessons why?

• AmyLyn

August 17, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I have purchased lessons in the past but have found that if I don’t have someone home with me to critique what I’m doing or spot me, I don’t end up trying things I haven’t done at the studio. Someday I hope to set up a way to record myself during practice and perhaps this will become a nonissue. I think they are very well put together and a great deal- so much knowledge for so little money!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 18, 2014 at 12:38 am

Thank you all for the feed back. 🙂

For those who’ve wanted advanced lessons they are on the way. I’ve already posted one last week, more to come, keep watching the site and FB so you don’t miss out on my announcements on this sort of thing in the future. 🙂

As far as new content, every year I upload a lot of new content, there are now many routines, and combos, along with more new floor work and a few random things added last yr. I’m also often replacing older lessons with newer more up to date versions. The amount of time that goes into a single lesson is more then most would guess, because the lessons are always very thought out and planned, unlike free content on YT or other sites…. so it becomes time consuming. Loosing my dad had put me behind last yr, just as my sister’s passing did a few years back, this is not an excuse, but at times being the only one creating content is challenging! SV is funding through lesson sales, and running a website of this size isn’t free or even cheap!

I feel I ask a reasonable amount for the content and knowledge you receive when purchasing the lessons. Thanks again everyone for your help and suggestions!

• RoMo

August 18, 2014 at 1:40 am

I do have SV lessons, but I did want to pitch in my two cents.
    I agree with the fact that the 3 days trial is a bit short. I would have really appreciated it if it was a full week (7 days). During the three days, I got to play around with it a bit on the first day, had two busy days and didn’t get around to seeing anything more. I ended up signing up when I wasn’t really sure what content I’d be getting… (BTW, I don’t regret it – I’m a beginner and really enjoying it all!).
    I signed up for the lessons when you had them down to $79 and the dollar was weak. I live abroad and the $20 dollar discount (as well as the exchange rate at the time of purchase) really did make a big difference to me.
    I have recommended the lessons to a few of my pole friends from the studio, but I know that the cost is probably the biggest obstacle.

• PenelopeAnn

August 18, 2014 at 3:45 am

I know this is going to be an unpopular comment, but from a business point of view people value what they pay for and if you run a special too often most people are going to wait for the next special instead of buying the normal price lessons. The special will start to feel like normal price rather than like a special. I subscribe annually and have only actually managed to get the special once, but when it comes time to renew I’ll renew regardless of whether there’s a special running or not. Just be careful that you don’t end up undervaluing yourselves, because if you do, the public will too. Having said that, when I got the special, it felt great & did help my budget tremendously, especially with our really bad exchange rate.

If a person is not prepared to buy the lessons at the current price, they’re probably unlikely to buy them at a lower price. If somebody really wants them, they’ll make a plan. Even at our shocking South African exchange rate, your lessons are phenomenal value already.

I think extending the trial period to a week probably makes a lot of sense. With so many cons out there in the cyber world, people do want to be sure they are getting value for money. When I first joined SV, I bought a month of lessons as a trial, and was hooked by the end of it. I’ve had an annual membership ever since.

Extending the trial membership beyond a month would be counter-productive. If somebody pays little or nothing for 6 months, they’re very unlikely to happily pay after that because they’ve become used to getting it for nothing.

I have to agree on the negative paypal comments – dealing with paypal is the one thing I dread when it comes up to the time to renew my lessons! I’d love to be able to just put it on my credit card. I’m very technically challenged, so dealing with pay pall freaks me out.

Veena’s lessons are brilliant, and the time, resources and energy that you guys put into them is very much appreciated!

• Amaranth

August 18, 2014 at 5:28 am

Hello! At the moment I am not subscribed because the area where I pole I can only play video on my iPad mini and I don’t know if this is a format supported on the site. Maybe something to clarify potential technical issues would be helpful?

I used to have an annual membership and I got a LOT out of this when I was starting off learning pole at home. However, I found the more I progressed the less useful it was to have online lessons; there was less content for the more advanced moves. I know you offer much more content no, including new routines, warmups etc but while I can view the title of a lesson I can’t always see exactly what it will offer me (e.g. the new Tsunami video. I can’t see what the move actually is!). It’s difficult then to justify the spend.

Hope this helps… if you can confirm on the iPad I’d also really appreciate it 🙂

• newschik

August 18, 2014 at 10:51 am

I am subscribed but I totally agree with those who are looking for more advanced lessons. While I realize there’s a lot of work that goes into planning vid lessons, it’s also a matter of competition with the other popular online site. SV is def a better buy than the other site, but advanced girls need a reason to stay here.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 18, 2014 at 11:24 am

If anyone has trouble viewing lessons then send an email to us so we know. Yes, the lessons should work on most mobile devices. There’s more than likely a reason it’s not working, but we can’t help you figure out why if we don’t know there’s a problem.

As mentioned I’ve got a bunch of advanced lessons coming, one already posted 😉 New content is always posted at the top of the site, in email, fb, and twitter.

My goal in creating content is to provide a structured guide along with offering plenty of content that allows everyone, regardless of level, to utilized most of the lessons. 💗

• Veena

Administrator
    August 18, 2014 at 11:26 am

Oh and I think I like the idea of the week trial as well!!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 18, 2014 at 11:28 am

The lessons do work on the iPad and iPad mini as does the whole site. We’ve actually put a lot of time and effort into insuring that the site scales across platforms.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 18, 2014 at 11:54 am

Ha! I read it as can’t play video!!! 😋

• Amaranth

August 18, 2014 at 11:57 am

Thanks, both. Very helpful 😀

• grayeyes

August 18, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Just a Paypal comment: Obviously I don’t know what problems other people have had with Paypal but I believe I have had my account for well over a decade and I’ve never had any problem with it. I also only have it linked to a credit card. They ask me to link a bank account to it but I never have and it works just fine with only my credit card info given to them. I use it pretty frequently and even used it at Home Depot once.

• Jeepersjenn

August 18, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I actually found your site while searching for flexibility lessons and have since been turned onto pole because of your awesome videos and the community here on the forums. Unfortunately I still don’t have my own pole yet so I can’t justify the full cost of the membership, but would subscribe in a heartbeat if you had an option for a limited subscription that only included non-pole videos at a reduced rate. Seems silly considering it’s a pole site, but it sounds like lots of ladies on here don’t have their own home pole so catering a membership to that crowd might bring in some extra business.

• chemgoddess1

August 19, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Just a note, typically the emails from “paypal” are not actually from paypal but from a phishing scam that is trying to get your financials. I have had paypal for well over a decade also with different cards and my bank account attached and have never once had an issue with them. Not once. They are quicker to refund your money than most websites and they will go to battle for you. I much prefer sites where I can pay through paypal as I feel that is safer than giving a company my credit card info.

Just my 2 cents.

• ferrous

August 19, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I’ve never had any problems with PayPal. I do use it, but when there are other options, I choose those options purely because I don’t like some of PayPal’s business practices. But in regard to financial safety, I don’t have any issues with them.

Page 3 of 13