StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I was sold a FAKE Xpole!

• Mechie

March 1, 2012 at 9:40 am

There are real XPole sellers on eBay. I bought mine from one and I called XPole to confirm its a real XPole seller. But…the price is closer to $300 and definitely not $150…lol

• X Pole Tech

March 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

Fake X-Pole Pole information.

First X-Pole would like to thank all the potential purchasers of X-Poles and those already with X-Poles for their diligence is advising us of copy product.

Fake/copy X-Poles are a problem and X-Pole are currently fighting 6 legal cases against fake importers in Europe, USA, New Zealand and Australia. We have won every case we have fought already but fake X-Poles are still being imported. We need to stop people purchasing as these poles are dangerous.

Basically if you are offered a ‘New’ X-Pole which is the old style (top loading – i.e. top adjuster) it is fake.

X-Pole no longer sell the old style top loading pole and have not for 2 years.

New X-Poles, except one of the Sport versions, Do Not have colour boxes.

And if it’s cheaper than normal – again it’s not an X-Pole.

Other pointers to spotting fakes are;

The Old X-Pole, top loading style, Black Colour box had the Vertical Leisure Name on it – it if does not have this it is a fake.

New X-Poles no longer have a DVD and definitely not one with X-Pole on it. Only the X-Stages have a DVD.

X-Poles never had 2x wrenches/spanners  – only ever one and that was properly cast wrench/spanner with X-Pole on the shaft.

Real X-Poles have serial numbers. It is production specific.

Don’t tell the seller why but ask to see a photo of the underside of the Upper dome. If it has a white label with a code – it should be an X-Pole. No white label with a code is a fake. If there is a code we can tell if it’s an original X-Pole advise your local office and they will advise if it’s a fake.

X-Pole Domes are always Metal, Never plastic. Fake plastic domes crack!

X-Poles have an internal bearing tube with 3x bearings. Fakes have either 1 or 2 only. You can only see 2x bearings in Hollywood in CT’s link. Also X-Pole bearings have metal seals – not plastic.

3 bearings are a key part to X-Poles stability – two is not enough and the fakes do not spin properly.

The upper dome is the key  – X-Pole has a specific manufacturing method so get photos of the bottom and send it to X-Pole and we can confirm if it is genuine ‘old’ version.

Other points;

X-Poles adjuster locking nut was never Black – always Chrome.

X-Poles adjuster rod was never Black – always metal/dull silver coloured.

So at the end of the day if its ‘New’, Top Loading, has a colour box it’s a fake.

Please leave Bad feedback on all fake sellers. Please pass this on to all your friends who may be considering purchasing an X-Pole.

Finally please call your local X-Pole office if you are in any doubt. We will do everything we can to help.

Best Regards

X-Pole Tech Support

• X Pole Tech

March 1, 2012 at 10:06 am

Apologies All, something went wrong with the spacing in the middle of the information.

X-Pole Tech Support

• Hollywood in CT

March 1, 2012 at 11:47 am

I do appreciate all the help.  I guess I will be returning this pole! I was so excited to get the pole and on that same night was our recycling night I put the box out https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif now I'm going to have to get a box to put it in.

• Hollywood in CT

March 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Also, not sure if the DVD was burned but KT was on it and the book was not a phote copy.  The dome cushion or….. is black and the base does have the X's on it.  They are out there making pretty good fakes.  I just emailed the seller and asked specifically if it a X pole or fitness pole?  I want to see what he has to say, but I am most deffeniately returning.

• chemgoddess1

March 1, 2012 at 12:18 pm

The X's on real Xpoles are not just an etched X, it is an outlined X.

It is a mini version of the neon X in the photo:

http://75.126.241.36/gallery/plog-content/images/x-pole-gallery/pole-show-la-2011/img_3429.jpg

• Hollywood in CT

March 1, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I wish I would have found you lovely ladies before I bought the pole.  I found this site after I purchased and was worned by a friend of mine about fakes being sold and I did alittle research about fake poles.  Thank you so much and I will be buying one from here once I return to work in a few weeks (I get laid off during the winter).  Can't wait to get my REAL pole.

• Aly77

March 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Look on the back of the DVD…..usually mass produced DVD's are silver.  Copied media will be a color. 

Look on the back for the wording X-Pole on the silver ring. 

Open the DVD on your computer and view the files.  Look either at the bottom of your screen when you highlight a file, or in the properties for the date created. Most disks have a copyright year on the front, and that should  match with what you see for the date created.  Of course this wouldn't work if the disc said 2012 and it was created in 2012, or 2011 and created in 2011, and so on.

• Caramel Delight

March 1, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I purchased a fake Xpole as well before. I purchased mine from amazon though. And it took a long time for me to find out. I was not a member of Veena either. But the parts of the pole that meet was cutting me up!! I thought it was suppose to be like that but I was poling wrong. I spent NORMAL PRICE for my Xpole though. 340 dollars at the time before they became Experts I think. I was devestated but you live and you learn. I hope you can get your money back from it so you can invest in a real one.

• Vixen East

March 2, 2012 at 12:12 am

Hello everyone, after reading all the messages, I'm now doubtful to buy Xpert pole to any online shops without getting recommendation. I would like to ask for your help. Im here in Dubai, does anybody knows a seller who can ship to Dubai?

• amy

March 2, 2012 at 6:27 am

No, but one of my best friends moved to Dubai! And she poles 🙂

• Vixen East

March 2, 2012 at 6:30 am

Hi Amy,

Would it be possible if you can ask your friend where she pole? Does she attend classes? I really can't get much information here in Dubai 🙁

• X Pole Tech

March 2, 2012 at 6:56 am

Shipping to Dubai

Dubai presents a problem with importation,not the shipping. Due to it being an Arabian state the acceptance on pole dance, even though it is a Sport now, are not like elsewhere.

The problem comes with customs and even though the product can be defined on teh documentation as 'Sports Equipment', if it gets checked it can be impounded.

If you can arrange collection and importation then a genuine X-pole can be purchased direct from X-Pole.

Please email mailto:sales@x-pole.co.uk who will be pleased to assist.

Re: Schools; There are at least two schools now in Dubai (such as DIVA). If you email the address above we will forward their contact details. I am sure Amy's friend can assist as well. Pole is growing there but is very descreet at the moment.

Best Regards

X-Pole Tech Support

• amy

March 2, 2012 at 7:09 am

Berna, she brought an XPOLE with her from NYC and taught here becore she moved. If you message me your info I can get it to her 🙂

• PersianXcursian

March 6, 2012 at 1:08 am

I almost bought a fake x-pole off of ebay. The seller was claiming that it was an authentic x-pole x-pert but the price was too good to be true. I wait until others had bought it and left reviews and sure enough, it was a fake! the seller has since been shut down.

Page 3 of 5