StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I was sold a FAKE Xpole!

• Dancing Paws

December 8, 2011 at 11:55 am
  • X Pole Rep

December 9, 2011 at 11:49 am

It's really unfortunate, but there are a number of counterfeit X-Poles out there.  If you ever need to verify pole authenticity or an authorized X-Pole dealer, please call us at 888-976-5387. 

• PaulettePoles

December 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Thanks, I was wondering becasue it looks just like my x pole- just at a farction of the cost. Wondering what the big difference is, if it is quality or just the name! I knew it didnt say "Xpole" – It looks exactly the same- thats what I was wondering about

• Aly77

December 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm

This is so weird because I was just looking at this listing again today.  I was about to email X Pole with some information, but I will put it here since Lindsey will probably see it. The seller is about 90 miles from me, and they have listed poles before on eBay saying that they were X Poles.  They had pictures of what appeared to be an authentic X Pole DVD, and X Pole manual.  The picture was clear enough for me to make out the wording on the manual, and it was obvious it was a fake.  I'm pretty sure I reported it to ebay, and X Pole (Lindsey), as I always do, so I guess they have quit claiming they are X Poles, and have taken off the fake manual and DVD picture as well.  Just from the picture of the pole you can see that the dome is a different shape. 

Here is their current craigslist.com listing, which has the picture of the manual.  They are also still claiming on there that it is an X Pole.  I would think that this would be a violation of the Craigslist Terms of Use #5 that deals with infringement.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/spo/2643607300.html 

They are also selling on sears.com as a storefront……….. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5985591801P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2 

There is also another seller on eBay out of Canada that I reported this week.  Their listing title says that they are selling 45mm X Perts, but has a stock picture of an older screw together pole.  I contacted them to ask for actual pictures of the pole they are selling.  Their response was that the picture in the auction was the actual picture.  I responded back and told them they weren't selling genuine X Pole, X Perts because that wasn't a picture of one.  Their response was, "you will be surprised:), this is old model of original xpole with all documents.thanks for your time. "  

I bet I would be surprised if I spent a lot of money on something and it wasn't what it was supposed to be!!!!

Lindsey gave good advice….call X Pole!!!!

There are a lot of "knock-off" X Poles right now on eBay, and most of the business sellers will have more than one listed, or multiple amounts of poles available in each auction. 

You also have to be careful with individual sellers who are reselling their pole.  They might have bought a "knock-off", but were told it was an X Pole.  They list it as an X Pole because that's what brand they were told it was. Some sellers don't even know what size their pole is when you ask….45mm or 50mm? 

I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy a pole from eBay or any other website that someone lists these on.  There are reputable sellers on the web.  So, if in doubt ask the seller questions or call X Pole to verify.

• PaulettePoles

December 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I was just curious. I want to buy a pole for my cousin, but I cant afford to get a new x pole so I was looking at used poles for her and I ran across that. I went ahead and bout a lilmynx rotator today from https://www.studioveena.com/users/view/4d853680-e000-41ed-8969-6c0b0ac37250  . I didnt

I didnt get the xtc  becasue I wasnt sure of the quality having never heard of it. Everyone always posts so much about the different poles here, I thought maybe someone was familiar with it.

If they arent promoting it as a x pole- and it is just a generic pole, would it be so bad? Just curious. May be an option for someone who couldnt afford a well known brand of pole. If its not a "fake" X pole, would it be acceptable? I guess if they were originally posing as x pole- and its the same seller that would not be a good situation ethically.

When I searched the forums for XTC pole, this thread displayed which then made me weary of it!

I wasnt willing to risk anyway and Im looking forward to the arrival of the black rotator. I wanted a portable pole so we could pole together, so were getting an exta ceiling mount instead!

Her b day is the 22nd and her mom is in end stages of pancreatic cancer. Im hoping the arrival of this pole will serve her as an outlet for this stressful time.

• lisaxpolenz

December 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Hu Guys

Its great to know therre are so many people out there that are concerned about fake X-Poles, please keep in touch with us when you find them!

We have a huge issue with fake poles coming into New Zealand and most people think – well whats the difference?

To find out I bought one of these fake poles from a trader on our equivolent of E-bay. They were not advertising it as an X-Pole but when it arrived the packaging and instructions were a poor imitation of our old packaging.

On further examination of the pole the materials were inferior, the threads on the pole tubes were not cut properly, the dome was plastic and flimsy and there was only 1 bearing instead of the 3 that X-pole use.

So whilst it seems like you could save yourselves some money these poles really are inferior quality and they do compromise your safety.

Please do continue to contact X-Pole when you find inferior product. Lindsey covers the US. I cover NZ, for other areas of the world please contact http://www.x-pole.com support team.

Thanks for the support girls and have a lovely christmas xx

Lisa x

• lisaxpolenz

Hu Guys

Its great to know therre are so many people out there that are concerned about fake X-Poles, please keep in touch with us when you find them!

We have a huge issue with fake poles coming into New Zealand and most people think – well whats the difference?

To find out I bought one of these fake poles from a trader on our equivolent of E-bay. They were not advertising it as an X-Pole but when it arrived the packaging and instructions were a poor imitation of our old packaging.

On further examination of the pole the materials were inferior, the threads on the pole tubes were not cut properly, the dome was plastic and flimsy and there was only 1 bearing instead of the 3 that X-pole use.

So whilst it seems like you could save yourselves some money these poles really are inferior quality and they do compromise your safety.

Please do continue to contact X-Pole when you find inferior product. Lindsey covers the US. I cover NZ, for other areas of the world please contact http://www.x-pole.com support team.

Lisa x

• lisaxpolenz

Hu Guys

Lisa x

• Lexxxx

January 9, 2012 at 12:04 am

I'm sellling my x-sport pole to get my xpert pole, but not on ebay. I dont know how to prove that is original. I have my Receipt No when I bought it from xpole but if I post online, anybody can use for their fake sales.

• luvlee

January 9, 2012 at 12:10 am

If it is on eBay, it is more than likely a fake. Xpole tries to keep them off of eBay. Unless it is a person selling one they do not want any longer, it is probably fake. 🙁

• ragamuffin

January 17, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I just bought a used pole off amazon. It is still in the process of shipping. When I get it, how can I tell if it is the real thing or fake?

• Hollywood in CT

March 1, 2012 at 12:47 am

I bought a pole from e-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANCE-POLE-Fitness-Strip-x-Stripper-Dancing-Dancer-Stripping-New-45mm-/300662786820?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6687816089088594726#ht_1175wt_1037, it came in a x-pole box, dvd, and instruction manual…that I thought was legit.  I just received it Feb 14th and pretty sturdy.  My only complain is I am having a problem with the static/spin screws.  Once I put pole up and take tightening rods to tighten tubes, it slips out of lock mode and then I can not lock again.  The screws just keep spinning and spinning.  The sealer was nice enough to send me another adaptor because we thought the threading where the locking screws go was stripped.  That was not the case.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• chemgoddess1

March 1, 2012 at 8:10 am

Hollywood…that is not an X Pole

• Aly77

March 1, 2012 at 8:53 am

Looks like sellers are now selling the fake bottom loading poles as well.  This thing looks really unsafe, and  the tools …omg!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/45MM-New-Portable-Fitness-Exercise-Dance-Pole-Stripper-Spinning-Pole-Set-X-/160726290039?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c088e77 

@Hollywood in CT…..chemgoddess1 is right.  Also that top adjuster looks plastic, or either some sort of metal  with very little threading.  Although they didn't advertise on eBay as an X Pole, I would take pictures of the box, DVD, and instruction manual that had the X Pole branding on it, and send it to X Pole through their contact link on their website.  I would also report the item to eBay through the link on the auction page.   You can report it as "Copyright and trademark>bootleg records or unauthorized media>unauthorized photocopies of printed material" as long as they were actual copies from the X Pole media. 

I don't know what your copies looked like, but I have seen some manuals with very poor wording, and an X Pole logo.  Either way, they are using the X Pole logo to trick buyers into thinking they received a genuine product after the purchase because they know they can't get away with it on eBay. They state that they have a 30 day return policy, with the buyer paying shipping back, so maybe that would be an option for you.   It is also interesting that they state no one over 150 lbs should use this pole, and they have two different listings for the same pole at different prices.  Their other listing has a picture of Jenyne Butterfly on a pole as their main pic. 

• chemgoddess1

March 1, 2012 at 9:32 am

I will say this and I will put it in all caps

YOU WILL NOT FIND A NEW XPOLE FOR $150!!

You will not find ANY pole that is worthwhile in this price range NEW.

Page 2 of 5