StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Health Question re pole and ingrown hairs

• Cherished

December 12, 2013 at 4:41 am

I love Tendskin too! It really works. I have not tried the substitutes that Chem mentioned but I read they are just as good. There are even recipes online to make it yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNuZ6gsVZPI

• AprilPoleKitten

December 13, 2013 at 8:03 am

I’m a esthetician and you should try waxing! If it’s a clean nice spa then you shouldn’t have a problem. I always clean the area off afterwards. Then have my clients shower when they get home with a anti bacterial body wash. We also sell Bliss brand ingrown hair eliminating pads. http://m.sephora.com/ingrown-eliminating-pads-P63308?skuId=1176411 Read the reviews, they’re awesome! Kind of expensive, so I cut mine in half for my bikini area. They won’t dry out your skin or don’t burn or sting. You can use them directly after shaving or waxing. I would use these to prevent ingrown hairs. As for the one you are explaining. It sounds cystic and infected. You should go to the doctor so they can give you antibiotics. A nasty infection will spread and leave scars. Hope that helps!

• Charley

December 13, 2013 at 10:45 am

Thanks so much of all of the information, I’m on day 3 of antibiotics and it seems a bit smaller. I’m wondering if the draining is so etching a dermatologist or my family Dr could do? My dr referred me to a surgeon, I don’t have insurance and I assume a surgeon would be more?

• Dancing Paws

December 13, 2013 at 12:27 pm

i had mine done at urgent care

• SToast

December 14, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I use a product calld “PFB Vanish”. My esthetician recommended it since I tend to get ingrown hairs after waxing. I love this stuff. I don’t have anymore problems. It comes as a roll on and I use it every time I shave or wax.

• XxMyztikxX

December 14, 2013 at 2:01 pm

@stoast d0es that pfb help with m0re than just ingr0wn hairs? Like rashes after shaving? I have sensitive skin t0 and its a pain every time i have t0 d0 it.

• betsyevil

December 15, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I’m a body waxer. I use the ingrown hair serum from European wax center. Its a good antiseptic, no alcohol and treats and prevents ingrowns and razor burn. In the past if I’ve had small cysts I use drawing salve. It brings everything to the surface..also good to have around for slivers and stuff.

• theshoeheaven3862

December 19, 2013 at 3:49 am

I’ve the same problem of ingrown hairs and hair falls anybody have some suggestion for stop hair falling?

• TLizzard

December 19, 2013 at 5:11 am

I briefly looked at all the responses so if it was mentioned I apologize. I used to get ingrown hairs but nothing major but the razor burn/ bumps were enemy number one. I got laser hair removal and haven’t had an issue in over five years….was worth ever penny and no more hair…no shaving…it’s is wonderful. Have had friends go after me and have said same thing…..

Page 2 of 2