StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions GEL nail polish

• Lyme Lyte

March 18, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Yes, decided I am going to just drop the $50 and buy the kit.  I used to be a cosmetologist, so applying the product won't be a problem.  I am rather excited, will let you all know how the SensatioNail kit works. 

• nymphdancer

March 18, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I'm getting the gelish starter kit for 25 on amazon and a light that you can do both hands or feet at the same time for 54 from there as well. I think it is worth the extra funds to be able to make the job take less time.

• Lyme Lyte

March 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Im going to check that out too…..

• nymphdancer

March 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm

to me it seems worth the extra so it will take half as long.

• psychoholicslag

March 18, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I love the Gelish polish! Got the starter kit from Sally's along with the Pro:45 light. I like how when I'm done doing my nails, I'm done. I don't have to wait forever for them to dry. I leave mine on for about 3 weeks or until I'm sick of looking at the same color, then I do them again. I have also replaced the color gel polish with regular polish. I still do all the base work and the top coat, just switch out the color (not too many gelish colors to choose from plus I still have a ton of regular colors left). I don't think it lasts as long without chipping as it does with the gelish color polish, but since I like to change my color about every two weeks, it works good for me. It can definately extend the wear of regular polish if you want to start there before you invest $12 into every color gel polish you would like to use. Also, I've noticed at my Sally's they usually have some of the colors on the discount rack. It's usually the more vibrant colors like blue, orange, yellow, etc. Maybe some more now to that the season is changing.

• amy

March 19, 2012 at 7:51 am

Can you do gradients of color or from color to clear with the gelish? Do they have glitters?

• chemgoddess1

March 19, 2012 at 9:42 am

Amy, I was reading about how they do the gradients and yes this can be done with Gelish.  I am not sure of all the colors they have but many nail artists will used MAC pigments and glitters mixed with clear or sheer gelish color.  Basically it is 4 cure times just for the color.

Here is the one blog I read:

http://megumimizuno.blogspot.com/p/gelish-colour-fading-step-by-step.html

• chemgoddess1

March 19, 2012 at 9:46 am

Looks like Gelish has over 80 colors:

http://www.nailharmony.com/products/gelish-gel-polish/gelish-gel-polish.html

(click on color swatch)

• amy

March 19, 2012 at 9:56 am

OOOOOOOOOOH uh oh…. yet another crafty thing for me to get into.

i just don't know if i can do my right hand. maybe i can just rock a one-handed mani? 🙂 i used to be able to do french, this shouldn't be tooooo bad. 

• poledanceromance

March 19, 2012 at 10:34 am

Practice makes perfect. I’ve had one day without polish since last July. After a few months of sticking with it, I can actually do my right hand pretty much as well as the left. Just be ready with acetone and cotton balls so if you totally bork one you can wipe off right away

• chemgoddess1

April 1, 2012 at 9:12 am

I WANT UPDATES!!!!!!!

• Lyme Lyte

April 1, 2012 at 10:52 am

I will post a video later tonight chem. It is awesome……

• jade s

April 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I bought the Sensationails kit from Walmart and gave it a try last Sunday. My nails still look the same a week later. The great thing is that I had a performance on Friday and we wore neon colors. I threw on two coats of neon colored nail polish right over my gel nail polish. When I got home, I just wiped the neon off with regular remover and “voila” my gel nails, are still intact and shiny! I have no doubt they will last me at least another week! Yay!

• amy

April 1, 2012 at 1:35 pm

@PDR– I meant, I used to be able to do a French manicure on myself 🙂 i think a gradient would be harder though, given what I’ve seen when its done on me!

• Lyme Lyte

April 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Video posted….

Page 3 of 5