StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Fear of going Upside down

• RoseMay

November 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm

If you do the plank with both legs straight and crossed you can turn that into a CAR by tilting the hips back and leaning back 🙂 So being comfortable with straight leg planks will help with feeling more secure in the CAR.

Oh and if you can't do an elbowstand or handstand I wouldn't try the iguana mount.

Maybe learning elbowstands will help a bit with the fear of going upside down? Because you can get used to it in a different and more secure position, especially if you start against a wall.

• RoseMay

November 5, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Oh sorry KittyCat, I didn't see your answer when I typed my reply  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

• Laura KittyCat

November 5, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Its cool! I love how veeners always have nice things to add! Us polers are sooo awesome!!!!!

• yogabeachbabe

November 6, 2011 at 5:56 pm

For me, drop-backs (CAR & CKR), inversions and even aerial inversions are all good, but I'm terrified to go into cartwheel/handspring! I can do it no problem with a spotter, and I know that I have the strength to do it, but it's a total mental block. Does anyone else have this issue?

Page 3 of 3