StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Extra long leg warmers?

• Cherished

October 21, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I would try Ebay or Aliexpress. You will usually get low to no shipping there.

• inkyfingers

October 31, 2013 at 5:57 pm

All this talk about leg warmers along with both positive and negative reviews of long ones, short ones, saggy ones… I think I’ll just sew myself a pair of some funky black and white striped knit fabric I bought on sale last week. I have enough to make a few extra pairs.

• IrishOrla

October 31, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I think they look amazing on a pole dancer, but I just cannot get my head around how I would possibly grip or do moves on the pole. But sure I said that about heels too and now I’m waiting impatiently for them to arrive lol.

• inkyfingers

October 31, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I don’t think the leg warmers are intended to be used on the pole. For the most part, I think it’s meant to keep the legs warm, especially when the body hasn’t had a chance to warm itself up yet. Whenever we exercise, we start with warm up exercises. With leg warmers on, this can happen a little faster. When you’re ready to pole, you take them off.

• Sweet Vixen Couture

November 1, 2013 at 3:15 am

hey ladies These are our sexy flexy legwarmers, seen here worn with pleasers. They are great to warm up in and easy to whip off.
    http://www.sweetvixencouture.com/Sexy_Flexy_Leg_warmers/p1676458_9183949.aspx

• Sweet Vixen Couture

November 1, 2013 at 3:17 am

chemgoddess1, I see what you mean about a huge pic lol

• Cantetinza17

November 1, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have a couple of pairs. I love them for when I’m doing flexibility training. It keeps my legs nice and warm. My Mother used to dance ballet and she said it was a great way to keep your legs warm when you weren’t training. You can buy some from discountdance.com.

• SToast

November 1, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I’m working on a knit pair of long leg warmers. I found a great stirrup style pattern that I’m using because I like my heels exposed to stretch for splits but I also like to keep as much of my feet covered as possible. Chronic cold hands and feet 😛 If anyone is a knitter and wants the pattern let me know. You can do them in a stockinette stitch with or without cables.

• yrngrl

November 3, 2013 at 1:35 am

Love it! I’ve been knitting a crazy pair using all my sock yarn leftovers.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 3, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Stoast- I am a knitter and was actually thinking of knitting some leg warmers. I would love a pattern for legwarmers! happy to see other knitters 🙂

• reenie aka Mysfit

November 4, 2013 at 12:55 am

Would totally love a pattern! Knitting them ourselves—-what an awesome idea……a bit time consuming when you are slow(like me) but—-Man—Color selections! We can literally make them anything we want……………woot!!!

• darcit

November 4, 2013 at 8:08 am

I’ve knooked a couple of pairs (Knooking is a knitting – crocheting hybrid for those of us who can crochet but can’t seem to manage knitting). I’m currently trying to make a pair out of an old sweater from the thrift store – so far that’s going pretty well too.

• Sarah Brace

November 5, 2013 at 5:14 am

I’d love a knitting pattern too! Can’t think of a nicer project now it’s getting so chilly here. Is the pattern easy? I’ve only just learned the basics of knitting. (runs off to fling wool everywhere)

• yrngrl

November 5, 2013 at 7:33 am

I made up my own pattern (in the round) but a newer knitter could easily make a set by swatching to see how many stitches per inch you get with the yarn you want to use, then multiply the stitches per inch by your leg circumference (subtract about 10 percent from leg measurement so they stay up). So if your gauge is 5 stitches per inch and your leg is say 20″, multiply 5 by 18 (20 minus 10 percent) and cast on. Work for the length desired, bind off and sew the side seam. A bit of ribbing on the ends is nice. You could work in the round if you want, or increase and decrease to fit the leg more closely if you wish, but it can be really simple.

Page 4 of 4