StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Entry into pole sit from standing on spinning pole advice

• Entry into pole sit from standing on spinning pole advice

Posted by hollyam226627 on September 19, 2023 at 6:43 pm

So I feel like I have hit a block with learning how to enter into a pole sit from standing on spinning pole. Not sure if my struggle is normal. The part I have trouble with is lifting my legs up straight and I spin out of control and falling off the pole. I can do a pole hold and a pole sit. It looks so effortless when people maneuver their legs in the air from a spinning pole hold maybe I’m too weak or stiff. I can’t find much information in my research to help me figure out what I’m doing wrong exactly.

I can’t figure out how to upload a video but from what I understand I think that standing pretty close to the pole I need have my inside arm extended, and my out side arm comes across into push grip as I pivot my inside foot, face towards the pole and try to lift up my legs and draw a circle with my outside leg straight. But I can’t straighten my legs and usually the pole spins faster and I fall off. I don’t seem to be progressing with practice. Any advice out there?

Veena replied 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    September 19, 2023 at 8:47 pm

Hi! Let’s do some troubleshooting.

A video would be super helpful, You can either directly upload to your profile and copy and paste the link in this thread or upload a video on FB YT IG anyplace you can get a link from and copy and paste it here as well.

From what you wrote. It sounds like you might just be trying to move into the sit too quickly. Have you watched my tutorial for the Pole Sit? https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e73a77a-82b0-46ef-bf20-3d16ac110005

If you’re having trouble trying to keep the legs straight, you can do the same thing but with the knees bent. All poles spin very differently, some you need more sweep of the leg and others almost nothing. Again seeing you attempted it would be very helpful.

Here’s another video that might be helpful https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/60d26886-1dd4-40c1-8aa5-1f3fac110005

• hollyam226627

September 20, 2023 at 12:55 am

Thank you this was helpful! Going slower helped and contracting my abs. After recording myself it looks like I am also not pushing into the pole enough with my bottom arm so i fall into the pole.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 20, 2023 at 12:56 am

Ah, yes the push grip is used a lot on spinning pole! Let me know if you need any other help.