StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Craving that Bobbi style

• Mechie

May 22, 2012 at 2:53 am

Thanks for this post and all the Bobbi’s girls responds!!

The previous studio I went to only teach 1 trick at a time and no dance moves whatsoever…so whenever I try to dance on my own, it looks very choppy!!

Gonna go and order the Bobbi’s DVD now….THANKS!!!

• Juicy J

May 22, 2012 at 11:21 pm

What Mikkix said was absolutely right on the money!

That was one of the reasons why I have left Bobbi's Pole Studio in Sydney for now, as I got bored repeating the same level over and over again and not learning any new tricks out of it.
    At the moment I have gone back to the original studio I started out in, wanting to learn new tricks, do workshops and also do strengthening and flexibility classes.
    I do miss Bobbi's but like what Mikkixx said about being restricted simply because they won't teach certain moves because you can't do them in heels was too rigid for me and plus got a bit boring over time.

That being said, I am still in awe whenever I watch one of the Bobbi's instructors dance. I really crave that style and I know it'll take many years to attain!

• MissKitty83

May 23, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Perhaps we should see if we can petition Bobbi to open a studio here in the US? 😉

• cupcake11

May 24, 2012 at 7:29 am

I enjoyed hearing from someone that has been to Bobbi’s…so this another illustration of us always wanting what we don’t have…myself included! I just came from the Alethea& Cleo workshops, and a couple of things were kinda hmmm. moments…1) Alethea said if a trick clearly isn’t for her she doesn’t waste he time on trying to force it 2). Cleo was my spotter for Ayesha (got my 1st one there!), and ahe admitted that she doesn’t do Ayesha’s 3) When Cleo taught us some floor moves they looked awesome, but pretty easy moves…those girls can command an audience on pure style & stage presence…kwim? After Cleo showed us the floor routine, Alethea taught us het adaptation of the same routine, and it was much slower of course, but she only changed a couple of the moves…but it felt so-o different.

• Viva

February 24, 2013 at 6:26 am

Hi girls! Bobbi’s was my first pole home (2005-06) and where I got seriously hooked! I’ve trained at many other Aussie studios since and Bobbi’s is definitely one-of-a-kind! They are seriously and unashamedly Sexxxxy! All the girls wear hot pants that aren’t much bigger than g-strings and stilettos to class. When i trained there, the moves were not necessarily so much about technical difficulty as about beautiful lines and flowing combos. The poles are 38mm spinners and twisted grip was used for many advanced moves (even shoulder mount) which adds to that effortless effect. Head rolls, body rolls, splits and high kicks rule at Bobbi’s!

• Viva

February 24, 2013 at 6:26 am

Hi girls! Bobbi’s was my first pole home (2005-06) and where I got seriously hooked! I’ve trained at many other Aussie studios since and Bobbi’s is definitely one-of-a-kind! They are seriously and unashamedly Sexxxxy! All the girls wear hot pants that aren’t much bigger than g-strings and stilettos to class. When i trained there, the moves were not necessarily so much about technical difficulty as about beautiful lines and flowing combos. The poles are 38mm spinners and twisted grip was used for many advanced moves (even shoulder mount) which adds to that effortless effect. Head rolls, body rolls, splits and high kicks rule at Bobbi’s!

• Anonyma

February 24, 2013 at 10:19 am

and why do they rock? because bobbi was in the exotic industry and she knows how to meke things hot and sexy ! I love australian girls they have that  style ! 

• tacha666

February 25, 2013 at 7:39 am

In our studio they have one of their DVDs for rent, Advanced Pole Grooves, and I love it.

I wish Australia wasn't that far away 🙁 The studio also looks so nice!

• Juicy J

February 25, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Ohhh, Tacha…
    Bobbi's is one of the most BEAUTIFUL and exotic pole studios I've ever been to!

The moment you walk in, you are walking on thick, plush, black carpet and surrounded by Barbie-pink walls and wooden floors with glitter embedded in it. Offset with the gold Brass poles, it seriously looks and feels like you're in a Gentleman's club of some sort but classy and feminine at the same time!

I remember posting on Facebook after being to their Elizabeth St City Studio that I want the interior of my future house to look like a Bobbi's Pole Studio!!!!
    Although I don't think my man is too big on that idea!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• tacha666

February 26, 2013 at 1:22 am

Well if I ever make it to Australia, I’ll go there to have some private lessons…
    Just have to win the lottery first :'(

• acoretacri

February 26, 2013 at 8:37 pm

The DVD trailers seemed advanced. Could more novice or intermediate dancers use the DVDs?

• Juicy J

February 26, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Acoretacri,

I've heard that the Adv. Pole Grooves DVD from some of the Bobbi's Girl isn't all that Advanced in level because it is quite an old DVD. Back then the moves were simpler because there weren't as many polers and not as many complicated moves in the pole industry! One of the girls told me (who is a staff member at Bobbi's) that the most complicated move in the DVDs was a Layback!
    HAHA! How times have changed!!

The Adv. PG DVD I think dates back to 2006? Or maybe slightly earlier??

• acoretacri

February 26, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Thanks. I wanted to be sure I could use it given the price and cost of shipping. No one in the US seems to sell the DVDs.

• Viva

February 26, 2013 at 9:46 pm

The Bobbi’s Pole Ultimatum is the advanced one with twisted grip combos 😉

Page 3 of 3