StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Comming out about pole dance fitness

• race911

May 11, 2013 at 8:58 am

since i started poling i was very afriad to say anything to anyone.slowly i started to tell people and the positive response was surprising! i really thought they would jump right to the stripper stereotype and they really didnt. i guess im lucky to have such a supportive husband,family and friends. the more pole became part of my daily life the more empowered i felt and last night i made the big come out on facebook with a beginner vid! i figure pole is now apart of me and who i am and if someones offended by it they dont have to look 🙂 the response was awesome…only a few stripper jokes were made in good spirits,and my husband is very proud. and im proud to finally have the confidence to show a sport im really in love with. all in all id say it was a succeess!

• Legs4Days

May 11, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I have begun to show some of my co-workers my "power moves" that we do in class, mainly climbing. They are all "in awe" and most want to know where the studio is lol. I still wont post on facebook tho. Too many parents  of kids from my school would see it.

• Pole gal

May 13, 2013 at 8:23 pm

ive never been in the "pole closet"  i was very open about startin pole classes and 2 be honest i really couldnt give a crap what anyone though about it as i was doin it for myself and not to please others https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif  if any1 had a problem with it then as far as i was concerned that was their problem not mine. i think we should forget what any1 else thinks, we are poling for ourself's not for others, and if they cant accept out passion for pole thne i say screw them. xxx

• Sassypants

May 13, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I just came out of the pole closet today on facebook to everyone and the response was nothing but positive https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif gives me the warm fuzzies. I really stressed the importance poling has on making me a healthy person in body and mind, I think that helped. 

• Zsuzsanna

May 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I was proud to tell everyone I started pole dance, but got the same reaction most of the times

1. Are you going to be a stripper? (Sure just like that…)

2. Did you fall down already? lots of video on the internet peoples are falling. (WoW)

3. ……………………………. (nothing, like they are ashamed to even talk about it)

I was so upset first, I never imagined people are going to react this way, but I can't change anyone mindset so I just keep on doing pole and they can deal with it however they want.

• monica kay

June 3, 2013 at 3:10 pm

i am halfway out 🙂

Page 4 of 4